We will make some room for new friends!

Comments

• Sarahschmara
    Sarahschmara Posts: 554 Critical Contributor
    I forgot to mention that we require at least one (1) cat photo a month!
  • NCPositronics
    NCPositronics Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    edited March 2018
    I am FTA's scorekeeper, I only play a CPA in real life.  Here's what I think of the group:

FTA is the friend's basement where the parents have given it over completely to the teenagers and you sneak out at night and go over there because you know it's worth sleeping through math class tomorrow to see what's happening.

Not everyone has to go sleep deprived to have fun in MTGPQ or in FTA.  But, I confess I find it increasingly hard not to in order to keep up with the thriving camaraderie in our mega coalition.
  • NCPositronics
    NCPositronics Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    edited March 2018
    FTA scorekeeper here again.  I've had some more time to think.  FTA is also like this:

FTA is a secret underground geek command bunker with a door on a busy street that is very clearly marked and into which one may enter merely by knocking and yet throngs pass by and give it not a second look and do not come in either because they don't believe it can be that good or because of providence or fate or because the universe is playing tricks on them.  Or because they don't speak English; no offense to all the excellent international players!  

FTA is not for everyone but if you haven't tried it come knock. And if you won't knock more's the pity.

Oh, also if you want to knock you better PM sarahschmara.  The doorbell rings at her place as it were.  And I see I just mixed metaphors, so maybe this is a little harder than I let on.  But I bet you can figure it out!  Good Hunting!
  • Sarahschmara
    Actually, you can message any of us; Brakkis and laeuftbeidir are pretty active on the forum too!
  • efhktddyjkb
    efhktddyjkb Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    Tormented is recruiting.

Send me a PM if you're interrested.
  • Sarahschmara
    We’re always happy to make some room and help lift new players up. With a large assortment of our own coalitions and great relationships with our friendly rivals—we will find a great team for you to play with. 

We’ve got an active slack chat with friendly and helpful players ready to brainstorm strategies with you around the clock. 

We have a sassy cat bot that links directly to Octal’s website!
  • Sarahschmara
    We’ve got a great group of friendly and helpful players in our mega-coalition and a bunch of friendly rivals. 

Sure, we skew towards “wholesome” but we’re super-fun! 

FTA is D3NIED, Cr8zy4magic, VampRites, TheGrind and a bunch of loosely affiliated teams. Fun fact: GoblinPile, YouHave1Job, and Tormented will accept our recorded scores on one’s resume!

We subscribe to the “one big team” mentality and rearrange our rosters based on availability; our experts can train up enthusiastic noobs pretty quickly!

We have an open slack chat full of experts ready to point you towards the many FAQs we’ve compiled—we’re always ready to lift you up; this is not a crab bucket. 

Our rules are; be nice, have fun, post a cute cat photo within a half hour of joining our chat. 

I don’t check in here very often (too busy with the subreddit, I guess!) but you can also reach out to @Laeuftbeidir and @Brakkis for an invite.  
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    DOM has arrived. We're all depressed, because for some unexplainable reasons there are no cats in the set. Join us in our Slack channel, so you can help us by sharing your cats with us!

Oh, we also play this mtgpq thing here. Whether you started yesterday, are a long time platinum top ten player (does this count as alliteration?), or something in between, we've got the right coalition for you.
    You also can just hang around in our Slack channel, it's always fun!

• Sarahschmara
    Well, we’ve gotten over the disappointing lack of cats in the new set...

I’m pleased to announce the newest coalition in our group; LordWindgrac, led by our in-house expert on MtG lore. 

This is a casual team (aiming for top 100) and is part of the FTA (affectionately known as Team Tiger) mega-coalition. 

The main goals are to show up and have fun with other active players to maximize awards for efforts. Like all of our other teams, it will be a mix of permanent members, top ten players in need of a “slow week,” and random weirdos I meet on the Internet. As always, players will have access to our open slack chat and all of the resources and knowledge we’ve compiled over the years. 

Feel free to hop in and say hello! And drop me a line if you want an invite to chat; we don’t actually care what team people play for as long as you’re willing to geek out about the game with us!

Happy matching!
  • Jayarieldrillowup
    Jayarieldrillowup Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Well, we’ve gotten over the disappointing lack of cats in the new set...

I’m pleased to announce the newest coalition in our group; LordWindgrac, led by our in-house expert on MtG lore. 

This is a casual team (aiming for top 100) and is part of the FTA (affectionately known as Team Tiger) mega-coalition. 

The main goals are to show up and have fun with other active players to maximize awards for efforts. Like all of our other teams, it will be a mix of permanent members, top ten players in need of a “slow week,” and random weirdos I meet on the Internet. As always, players will have access to our open slack chat and all of the resources and knowledge we’ve compiled over the years. 

Feel free to hop in and say hello! And drop me a line if you want an invite to chat; we don’t actually care what team people play for as long as you’re willing to geek out about the game with us!

Happy matching!
    I am the leader of LordWindgrac. Do not let my few posts here be deceiving because I have been playing the card game since 1999 and have read every single printed novel and anthology to date beginning with "Arena."
  • Sarahschmara
    HOLY CATS!

We're reoptimizing for Elspeth and ambition this go 'round:

Hour of Devastation - Elspeth
    • Coalition Event
    • Deck Restrictions: Origins, Hour of Devastation, Ixalan, Rivals of Ixalan, Dominaria
    • Opt-In Time:  7/13/18 2:00pm UTC
    • Scheduled Panic: 7/13/18 6:00 pm UTC
    • Start Time: 7/13/18 8:00pm UTC
    • End Time: 7/16/18 6:00pm UTC
    I've promised to post #rosters by 7/12/18 8:00pm UTC so hit me up before then for a guaranteed spot... or hit me up after to join me on my romp through the random independent groups I meet on the internet. 
  • Sarahschmara
    Congratulations to our two top ten finishers in AWR; D3NIED and Tormented both edged out the tough competition to snag some meaningful coalition rewards!
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Well, we totally forgot something!

The coalition group with many names, mostly known as team Tiger./from the ashes has a new, remarkable member :
    after years of friendly working together, the all time top 5 coalition TORMENTED joined our ranks.
    This gives you potential access to two coalitions that are capable of going into top ten!

We're always recruiting at every level of play, and have a place for everyone.
    it doesn't matter if you started yesterday or a day after the game started,if you just want to chill out with friendly folks or want to win every price. 
    Answer here or pm me, so I can invite you over to our Slack channel - its free, it's easy.
  • Sarahschmara
    Well! Since we certainly don’t want to run afoul of the duplicate posting rules, can you please merge Tormented’s recruiting posts with this master thread? @bken1234

Many thanks!
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    [MOD NOTE] Merged threads at OPs request [//MOD NOTE]
  • Sarahschmara

Welp, I’ve gone and made a new coalition. I’m performing a bit of an experiment. Last time, it took exactly four months of active play to reach top 100 and I’m curious how long it will take now. 

What’s the catch? I’ve a delicate ego so I’ll be giving the boot to everyone that outscores me and sending them to more ambitious teams.

We’ll be part of FTA’s network so there’ll be plenty of advice and encouragement.

Join me in D3fenestrate and send me a message here so I can send you a link to our slack chat. Please be prepared to upload one (1) photo of a cat within 1/2 hour of joining. *

*doesn’t have to be _your_ cat. 

• Laeuftbeidir

Since we restructured a lot recently, and this thread is a bit.. Confusing, and it holds several outdated informations etc I'd like to start a new, up to date recruitment thread!
    Multiple threads with the same topic might be against the forum rules? If this one was closed out should be okay to do so?
    Maybe you'll need the okay from @sarahschmara as op as well?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    brigby @bken1234

Since we restructured a lot recently, and this thread is a bit.. Confusing, and it holds several outdated informations etc I'd like to start a new, up to date recruitment thread!

Multiple threads with the same topic might be against the forum rules? If this one was closed out should be okay to do so?

If OP is fine with that, then I see no problem with closing this one, so a new up-to-date thread can be started for your Coalition.
  • Sarahschmara
    Brigby said:
    brigby @bken1234

If OP is fine with that, then I see no problem with closing this one, so a new up-to-date thread can be started for your Coalition.
    Our “little group” has evolved quite a bit over the years(!) and I’m absolutely OK with closing this thread and starting fresh! 
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Brigby said:
    brigby @bken1234

Our “little group” has evolved quite a bit over the years(!) and I’m absolutely OK with closing this thread and starting fresh! 
    Looks like we have everything needed, I'll open the fresh one once I finished writing!
This discussion has been closed.