Skip bonus in PvP

Options
talleman
talleman Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
It would be nice to get a skip bonus if your defending team get skipped by another player.

As for now when you skip people you pay a 10 iso fee, that iso could be transfered to the player with the defending team. I meen its better that the iso is being used by someone then destroyed.

Comments

• Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I kinda like this idea; it gives you a small feeling of accomplishment for building a team that nobody wants to fight, and helps (in a very small way) alleviate the Iso crunch.

Although there are days that I'd rather see a +1 score bonus instead.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Do we really need another incentive for whales that have 550 GamThors?
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I use the skip button when I want to:

1) cycle through the enemy teams and look for the one with the highest point. (80%)

2) skip teams with latest 5* because their match damage is quite ridiculous against a 3* or 4* team. I skip them due to health packs preservation. (15%)

3) Skip enemy teams that are too powerful for me to handle (5%)

You pay 10 iso-8 skip fee under certain condition, if you remember how skip fee works.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    Options
    abmoraz said:
    This.  While it's an interesting idea it would equal in actuality a reverse robin hood where people need ISO the most pay it to people that need it the least.  Exactly the opposite of what would help the game.  I'd rather see every time someone attacks you (win or lose) you get some ISO.  This would encourage people to leave teams that people want to play against and discourage leaving teams people hate/are afraid to play.  

This would also give an incentive to not hide behind a shield most of an event, something that also hurts the PvP landscape...
  • Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I use the skip button when I want to:

1) cycle through the enemy teams and look for the one with the highest point. (80%)

2) skip teams with latest 5* because their match damage is quite ridiculous against a 3* or 4* team. I skip them due to health packs preservation. (15%)

3) Skip enemy teams that are too powerful for me to handle (5%)

You pay 10 iso-8 skip fee under certain condition, if you remember how skip fee works.
    I remember how the skip fee works, the point was that it would be nice if the skip fee were given to the person who got skipped. That being said, your reason #1 is a solid point for how this would fail to meet its stated objective (with 2 and 3 being reasons why the other team deserves to be rewarded, because you don't want to fight them).

broll said:
    abmoraz said:
    This.  While it's an interesting idea it would equal in actuality a reverse robin hood where people need ISO the most pay it to people that need it the least.  Exactly the opposite of what would help the game.  I'd rather see every time someone attacks you (win or lose) you get some ISO.  This would encourage people to leave teams that people want to play against and discourage leaving teams people hate/are afraid to play.  

This would also give an incentive to not hide behind a shield most of an event, something that also hurts the PvP landscape...
    While I think the exact point of the idea is that we want to reward people for fielding strong teams that nobody wants to play against, you're absolutely right, in the end this would wind up rewarding the people who need it least.

Thank you both for the insight on the subject. While it's an interesting idea, I see now that there's too much potential for it to backfire, at least as currently written. Any other ideas for how we could make it meet the desired outcome?
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Sim Mayor said:
    Any other ideas for how we could make it meet the desired outcome?
    How about reward the defending player some iso aswell instead of only a few points for a defending win?