First to beat Galactus

Comments

• elko90
    elko90 Posts: 68 Match Maker
    @beyonderbub my weekend is also free like many others here, but we don`t need a  post for every boss event its getting dull. I am not jelaous or anything, with no coordination we finished the event 3 hours ago and in 7th place.
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    The threads, if I am not mistake, where more of “Hey how is everybody doing on the boss event”.  Now it is “look at me look at me look at me.  We finished first.  Hahhaha suckers”. Maybe change how you are going about it and maybe the hate will stop.  

Side note, now that we get these events every month and not 1 every 6 months, a lot of people don’t really care how long it takes to get done cause why push to get it done early. Now, I think it is insane that nobody has knocked of KA from this yet, but I don’t think people care that much about it anymore.  

The Boss events are devalued now from what they were.  They were Howard the duck/Dino like but now are like Drax, if he can understand that reference. 
    This thread is meant as a place to come and check in and have fun, the look at me aspect is meant as fun , a friendly tease if you would.  It's fun to have these 'competitions' even if there is no reward,  your talking about a group of people who genuinely enjoy this game despite its many flaws.

The forum is so heavily polluted with negativity these threads are maybe a bit of a break from that , it'll be down on the second page on a few days anyways. Everybody is gonna have their own takeaway, mine is going to be a positive one 
  • evade420
    The threads, if I am not mistake, where more of “Hey how is everybody doing on the boss event”.  Now it is “look at me look at me look at me.  We finished first.  Hahhaha suckers”. Maybe change how you are going about it and maybe the hate will stop.  

Side note, now that we get these events every month and not 1 every 6 months, a lot of people don’t really care how long it takes to get done cause why push to get it done early. Now, I think it is insane that nobody has knocked of KA from this yet, but I don’t think people care that much about it anymore.  

The Boss events are devalued now from what they were.  They were Howard the duck/Dino like but now are like Drax, if he can understand that reference. 
    Points worth considering but I would disagree with the tone you are stating these threads are being posted with. They are merely informational as the threads you mentioned before, posting when an alliance was finished. Instead of haha suckers (which KA Sith never mocks), I see it more as “I’m done. Clocking out. See you Monday” I will apologize if any past threads directly offended but definitely not the intention. 
    Yes I know that you guys are not doing that, but that is the perception. Just look at the person who said this posts are pointless. They have 9 likes on that comment.  Just saying a different angle might be better. 
    I guess it's just hard to communicate that emotion on a forum , especially one where most of the player base is incredibly frustrated (and for the most part rightfully so)
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    @elko90 congrats on the finish. There are several other topics I also find dull. There is nothing to be jealous about. I find it to be some harmless promotion of the current boss event at best. Maybe a change in thread title, like Rockett said earlier to something like “How are you all progressing in Galactus Hungers?” And the mods will move it to events forum after it finishes. I would still like a place for alliances to report progress. Keep it in original Brigby post?  Suggestions definitely welcome to not be as offensive. 
  • madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2018
    Man, it's not that tough guys... Anybody can beat the boss event fastest. It's not that hard. In fact I wonder why Sith hasn't been knocked off of that perch yet. It's very strange.

I'd like to post some love to U.L.T.R.O.N and KA Prime for giving us a very tough fight everytime. You guys help make this event incredibly fun and competitive. There's no extra prize to gain and yet the three alliances have amazing spirit to duke it out, I tip my hat to you. Thanks for the adventure.

Fight on!!

EDIT - Also, other people who have finished the event, check in!!
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    @evade420 I personally don’t care about it.  I am just saying what other might be thinking and what others have said.  Just giving my perspective is all. Do it however you guys want. 
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP said:
    madoctor said:
    In fact I wonder why Sith hasn't been knocked off of that perch yet. It's very strange.
    I think it’s because other people don’t play the boss events as a competition. Who cares if we finish 1st? (well, apparently 3 alliances do.. 60 players..) Beating 8 rounds is the goal for most alliances, I think a lot of us are satisfied with that. 

And to take that futher, look at the top 2 ally’s for PVE right now.  I bet you anything that if Demi/D3 would make a placemnt reward for the ally things would be ALOT different, but there isn’t so nobody pushes.  
  • evade420
    madoctor said:
    Man, it's not that tough guys... Anybody can beat the boss event fastest. It's not that hard. In fact I wonder why Sith hasn't been knocked off of that perch yet. It's very strange.

I'd like to post some love to U.L.T.R.O.N and KA Prime for giving us a very tough fight everytime. You guys help make this event incredibly fun and competitive. There's no extra prize to gain and yet the three alliances have amazing spirit to duke it out, I tip my hat to you. Thanks for the adventure.

Fight on!!

EDIT - Also, other people who have finished the event, check in!!
    Quack fu and grom polska were close too . 
    Big shout out to all the alliances,  it's good times 
  • Bulls
    Bulls Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2018
    It feels like there's a lot of hate against KA but really it's not that. Most likely it's not jealousness as well. Im glad that you're competing between yourself but really it's hardly a race worth mentioning if 3rd place is taken by alliance that don't give a Quack. you say it's like personal friendly mockery but if it's just between two of you, then rest of ppl most likely are not interested about it or even its annoying to them. It's like when I'm mocking my brother who's also playing but way more casually and I'm doing that with nearly every ocasion (be it placement or lucky pulls) but I'm not doing that publicly on forum. You're saying it gives you feeling of acomplishment and I can understand that as well - I feel more or less same joy when I beat that heavy rosters for a top5 pve placement and again - I don't a see a reason to post about it on froum basicly every week. Anyway, that would be it from me on this topic, I really hope noone feels ofended.
    And ofc big congratulations. Here, take that cookie as a reward  :)
  • madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    I'm lovin' it. Here, have some jelly.

To quote Loki from Avengers 1 " An ant has no quarrel with a boot." LOL

Peace out! V

Have fun! Or maybe not! Up to you!

Hahahaha
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    @elko90 - you know what these threads are about as soon as you see the title. May I suggest just not reading them? They obviously make some people happy, why try to take that joy away from them?
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    I used to belong to a somewhat casual Alliance. During Boss events about half of us would go all out and get personal progression, if not more, but we would always fall short of Alliance progression. It was frustrating to me, especially when in one event we didn't even get all three 4* covers, and the third cover was the color I needed to fully cover that character at the time. But we were a casual Alliance, and as I wasn't a Commander I couldn't change our Alliance. But I could change my Alliance, which I did.

Mad about MPQ finished Galactus sometime early this morning, which is par for the course for boss events since I joined them late last year. We showed as #14 on the Alliance rankings when I got up this morning, but I don't know if that was our actual ranking when we hit full progression. I KO'd Galactus two more times to hit personal progression and from the two tokens got a MEHulk, taking him to 279, and my third Yellow 5* Black Panther, putting him at 1/3/2.

I know what it takes to be a member of Ka Sith. I don't want to play at that level. But I am happy to be part of an Alliance that can come together and achieve a common goal and defeat the boss before the sidenodes reach murdernode status.
  • evade420
    JSP869 said:
    I used to belong to a somewhat casual Alliance. During Boss events about half of us would go all out and get personal progression, if not more, but we would always fall short of Alliance progression. It was frustrating to me, especially when in one event we didn't even get all three 4* covers, and the third cover was the color I needed to fully cover that character at the time. But we were a casual Alliance, and as I wasn't a Commander I couldn't change our Alliance. But I could change my Alliance, which I did.

Mad about MPQ finished Galactus sometime early this morning, which is par for the course for boss events since I joined them late last year. We showed as #14 on the Alliance rankings when I got up this morning, but I don't know if that was our actual ranking when we hit full progression. I KO'd Galactus two more times to hit personal progression and from the two tokens got a MEHulk, taking him to 279, and my third Yellow 5* Black Panther, putting him at 1/3/2.

I know what it takes to be a member of Ka Sith. I don't want to play at that level. But I am happy to be part of an Alliance that can come together and achieve a common goal and defeat the boss before the sidenodes reach murdernode status.
    Well done guy !!
  • IamTheBiggs
    IamTheBiggs Posts: 215 Tile Toppler
    Blah-blah-blah... who cares, KA?! It's like commenting "FIRST" in the comments of a YouTube video. How lame is that?
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Blah-blah-blah... who cares, KA?! It's like commenting "FIRST" in the comments of a YouTube video. How lame is that?
    No, poor comparison. “First” comments on Youtube didn’t even watch the video. For KA, it can be a point of motivation, showing alliances out there what they can do by really being an alliance.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    Some people just need other people's praise and approval to feel better about themselves. I was 1st to complete Deadpool Daily today. Guess what that means nothing because you get nothing for being 1st just like being 1st to finish the Boss.
This discussion has been closed.