Interesting combo/scenario that are hard to pull off

2»

Comments

• Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    wingX said:

5* Dr Ock green + Agent Coulson's purple (both active and passive) + (CapFal's blue or Hood's black):
    All 3 characters beside Dr Ock have abilities to reduce countdown timer and use Coulson's purple to match away Dr Ock's green when timer is at '1'.

Have you managed to do this? Because I've once gotten to match 5*Ock's CD tile when it was at one and nothing happened. I began to think that it was supposed to win only when matched by the opponent but I'm not sure.
    No, you should be able to match it yourself, but you need the countdown to be at Stage 3 for it to work. I've had best luck doing it using 3* Grey Suit Widow to generate green with a high degree of accuracy. It helps if Ock puts his CD on green using her; some other tile mover that isn't doing it on purple is ideal, like Quicksilver.
    If you have Mockingbird fully covered, you can luck out and have her fire off Doc Ock's green a few times.  If you do this on a wave mission you should have enough time to build up purple for Coulson or black for Quicksilver, and green for Doc Ock in case you need it.  Quicksilver is preferred, but if you use Coulson just beware of his passive when your Doc Ock tile is close to expiring.  Could also try Kamala to stock up on green.  Good luck.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    My XFW isn't very good yet (lvl 94 1/3/2), but it seems like using him with SWitch and Nightcrawler to engineer a Bamf!->Surgical Strike would be a pretty comical nuke. Can somebody better positioned to evaluate that let me know if it's as fun as it feels like it should be?
  • Vold
    Vold Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    My XFW isn't very good yet (lvl 94 1/3/2), but it seems like using him with SWitch and Nightcrawler to engineer a Bamf!->Surgical Strike would be a pretty comical nuke. Can somebody better positioned to evaluate that let me know if it's as fun as it feels like it should be?
    Only if the enemy's powerful colour is purple. :)
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Played around with 4* Iron Fist, Vulture and Professor X. Super fun but tons of overlap.

Absolute mayhem, especially against goons and other dummies.

• Naked_Samurai
    Naked_Samurai Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Kind of accidentally picked bagman spider man while using Gamora+Groot. Turns out, if you use bagman's sticky web on groots bomb attack, it keeps the countdown from going down, but you still get the extra turn. You get constant 2 turns at no cost.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Kind of accidentally picked bagman spider man while using Gamora+Groot. Turns out, if you use bagman's sticky web on groots bomb attack, it keeps the countdown from going down, but you still get the extra turn. You get constant 2 turns at no cost.
    Bagman being the only person who can extend the life of a friendly tile MUST be good for something lol; I'm not sure i'd use it there, just with the risk of that bomb matching itself away, but I think keeping G4mora's red countdown alive might have some value
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Was having fun in PVE with 50% GladiaThor, C&D, and 3Clops. Thor destroys Green, Red, and Yellow tiles every turn. Swap to make Cloak in front so Dagger makes yellow tiles for Thor to pick up. Cyclops then uses that yellow to make more red for Thor to destroy. Then proceed to nuke everyone. 

Another fun team is to swap Cyclops for Vulture. C&D make Black to send Vulture airborne while Thor destroys Green. Then use his green to kill everyone. Very fast.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Came oh-so-close to getting the Turn 0 kill with Main Event Hulk.  When he destroyed the tiles at the start of the match, it set off two criticals and killed the first two goons.  The third one, sadly, had to be killed off the old-fashioned way.
  • Naked_Samurai
    Naked_Samurai Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    edited May 2018
    Bagman being the only person who can extend the life of a friendly tile MUST be good for something lol; I'm not sure i'd use it there, just with the risk of that bomb matching itself away, but I think keeping G4mora's red countdown alive might have some value
    Oh wow, now that you say that, why not use it on both? You'd constantly have 2 turns and the extra damage from Gamora. Haha, too bad Bagman is still a wasted slot.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just tried this.  It works for Groot's countdown, but not Gamora's.  *shrug*  If you match Groot's countdown while it's a web tile, it does not blow up in your face.  It is no longer a sticky web tile, and the countdown continues down.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    wingX said:
    4* Deadpool's purple + 2*Mag Blue (5 covers) + 4*Carol's yellow active:
    Use Carol yellow to lower Mag's blue timer to 0 to destroy all tiles on board including Deadpool's countdowns
    After thinking through, this may not be that hard to pull off but still is a fun combo though.

Replace Deadpool with Warmachine (w/5 red covers so I the countdown is fortified) and you can make a pretty powerful collection of attack tiles.  As you said, not difficult to pull off, but fun...
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited May 2018
    I just tried this.  It works for Groot's countdown, but not Gamora's.  *shrug*  If you match Groot's countdown while it's a web tile, it does not blow up in your face.  It is no longer a sticky web tile, and the countdown continues down.
    I was suggesting you use Snarky Remark to increase how many turns the Deadly Strike tile will stay on the board, not to freeze it with the  Web-Slinger tile. Snarky Remark can be used to extend the shelf life of up to 2 friendly and/or opposing countdowns by 4 plus 1 turn for every web tile (up to 10), so you could keep that chip damage going for quite awhile. that's pretty useful to know that 4ocket keeps taking the extra turn when it's webbed up though. 
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    I liked 2* magneto blue with war machine's ability (red i think?) that places a fortified countdown that gives a percentage chance that a new tile will be a friendly attack tile, destroy all tiles and get a bunch of attack tiles