The character rebalance game!

124»

Comments

• shadowyoshi
    shadowyoshi Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    edited March 2018
    The Punisher (MAX):

Black : Army of One should create Attack tiles instead of strikes. Both Army of One and Punish do extra damage per attack or strike tile.

Green: Unchanged

Blue: Place 3 strikes + 1 Attack tile per downed character on either team.

Next: Nova
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nova's got a pretty good kit, but I'd like to see his red become Rocket Man with any strikes on the board, not just black ones. Also, drop the strike tile generation for allies still in the fight on his yellow, in exchange for +1k more damage.

Since he has a PvP event running, how about someone tackle 3-star Daken next?
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nova's got a pretty good kit, but I'd like to see his red become Rocket Man with any strikes on the board, not just black ones. Also, drop the strike tile generation for allies still in the fight on his yellow, in exchange for +1k more damage.

Since he has a PvP event running, how about someone tackle 3-star Daken next?
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    <Out of turn, but Nova Yellow really needs to be renamed "Pew Pew Pew">

Daken
    Black - make the tile requirement anything except blue and green, since you're actively hunting those colors
    Blue - removes strike tiles and replaces them with charged tiles.  

Next - 5* Cap

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    <Out of turn, but Nova Yellow really needs to be renamed "Pew Pew Pew">

Daken
    Black - make the tile requirement anything except blue and green, since you're actively hunting those colors
    Blue - removes strike tiles and replaces them with charged tiles.  

Next - 5* Cap

I know you meant Civil War, but I'm going to go ahead and do Infinity War.  Make his Yellow true heal rather than burst heal which is not OP especially at that AP cost.  That way he can have utility as the 50% health pack Thor has always wanted.

Next - 5* Cap (Civil War)
  • shadowyoshi
    shadowyoshi Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    5* Cap

Yellow is good as is.

Red - Remove the Team Cap component and raise the damage

Blue - Duplicate and randomly place a copy of up to 8 different friendly strike, protect or attack tiles. Then do damage for each friendly strike, protect or attack tile on the board (no upper limit on the number)

Next: War Machine
  • Waddles_Pines
    War Machine - blech...

Red - Up the % or make the attack tiles fortified.  There's no way at lvl 5 it's 33% chance of an attack tile.  That would mean that every match 3 should give 1 attack tile on avg.  Sure, it might be RNG trolling me, but I've never come close to 33% success rate on this power.

Blue -  lower the cost to 9 or 10.  Combine this power with 5*IM power (blue- friday), at lvl 5 destroy all enemy protect/invisible tiles and destroys all tiles on board in the enemy's strongest color. 

Green - Change "basic tiles" to "non-friendly tiles".  This power should take out enemy tiles as well as basic.  Not enough damage, but D3 tends to value board shake more than the avg person.  

Can we please make Kingpin usable again... 

• ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    As an aside, I'd rather Warmachine's red be a passive like the Ultron sentries, with the percentage tied to the number of covers.  If it absolutely has to be a countdown tile, at least have it activate on both player's turns.

As for Kingpin, I'd change the yellow so the threaten tiles is closer in damage to the Muscle ones of a comparable level to Kingpin's (right now they're comically different) and I'd change the black so it does a modest team damage, but also destroys all friendly countdown tiles, dealing significantly higher damage to the opposing character in front for each tiles destroyed (not quite 4* Falcon levels of additional damage, as the base cost of the power is much cheaper, but at a minimum Hulkbuster levels of damage per tile).

(and, yes, I'm admittedly pulling my punches for Kingpin upgrades for PVE reasons)

Next up: Yondu
  • Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Yondu: Give me something other than Yellow covers.

OH! You meant fixing his powers! My bad.

Yellow - Good as-is Actually I think it's a bit OP, and should just burst heal instead of true heal, but maybe since it's a countdown tile that balances out.
    Black - Instead of just strike tiles, it should be a mix of all special tile types, just like the Ravagers are an eclectic bunch.
    Blue - I always felt like this should just cycle through the enemy line instead of targeting the enemy with the lowest health.

For our next round, let's do 3* Thor. I want a world where he's not just a copy of the 2* character with higher numbers.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yondu: Make the Strikes from his black stronger. Maybe Fortify the Countdown for his yellow at higher numbers of covers as well.

Next: 4* Deadpool
  • Ragnoluce
    Ragnoluce Posts: 50 Match Maker
    I'm late but I want to release this as a counterpoint to the other two Yondu opinions...though I might be more interested in it from a character-bio perspective :)

Blue: Fine as is
    Black: Fine as is
    Yellow: Make Yaka Parachute a more teammate-friendly power, while adding some of his self-sacrificing flavor from GoTG2. How about... 

If an Ally of Yondu would take over (x) damage, create a 4-turn countdown tile that gives the target a burst of (y) healing.
    If an ally of Yondu would be downed by an opponent's power, place Yondu in front and create a 4-turn countdown tile that gives the target a burst of (y) healing.

This makes him slightly like 3* Deadpool; you'll have to kill him first (unless you down other characters with match dmg), but his healing only ever applies to his teammates so he has tanking capability overall. 

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    4* Deadpool: Make it so his passive Black fires immediately as opposed to making a CD tile.

Next: Valkyrie.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,158 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sim Mayor said:
    For our next round, let's do 3* Thor. I want a world where he's not just a copy of the 2* character with higher numbers.
    No one has done 3* Thor yet?

Mjolnir's Might: deals damage and destroys random tiles (deals extra damage but doesn't generate AP)

Thunder Strike: 10AP, deals damage and creates Green Charged tiles, or Charged tiles in a selected colour

Call the Storm: deals the same AoE damage to all enemies, plus extra damage for each Green Charged tile on the board
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,570 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anon said:
    4* Deadpool: Make it so his passive Black fires immediately as opposed to making a CD tile.

Next: Valkyrie.
    Valkyrie

Powers remain the same but add passive to Dragonfang Fury:

Chooser of the Slain (Passive) 0AP

Although she may have gone AWOL, Valkyrie is still a Chooser of the Slain for those who have met heroic ends. If an ally is downed, Valkyrie will honour them by dealing x% of damage that ally caused during the battle. Level 3 50%, Level 4 75%, Level 5 100%.

Next: Scarlet Witch (Wanda Maximoff)

• Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Scarlet Witch

Make her blue power try to take over an existing blue tile first (even enemy special tiles) before creating a new one.
    Add a reasonable damage component to her green, and allow it to target any tile instead of just basics.
    (Here's the controversial one) Reduce the stun on her purple. A five-turn stun is just unreasonable.

For our next round, I'm curious what the gang thinks would fix Invisible Woman.
  • Waddles_Pines
    edited May 2018
    I actually don't think IW is that bad.  I think a lot of the hate comes from how expensive her powers used to be.  Anywho:

Yellow - add synergy with FF, turn the teammate invisibility into a countdown tile.  While this countdown is on the board, for each member of FF on her team gain green/yellow/blue each turn (different colors/#AP vary per power level).

Blue - replace the strike tiles with invisibility tiles.  Passive, for each invisibility tile matched gain AP (different colors/#AP vary per power level).

Green - remove the #tile restriction, she is after all the most powerful member of the original FF.  

Next, the bane of my existence, Spider-Gwen (only vintage hero I haven't been able to fully cover... grrrrr 15 red covers and counting...)