The character rebalance game!

Options

Comments

• Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,194 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Winter Soldier

Besides an AP reduction.  It might be fun if when you matched his blue you dealt some damage and all the traps activated and became attack tiles.  This would thematically fit in with his red power

Next: 3* Cap Marvel

Oh, Daredevil, kudos on this awesome thread.  Your No Prize is in the mail  ;)
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    3* Carol: Add something to her yellow to move her in front if a teammate would take more than the threshold damage, and some minor damage reduction when she does so. Sort of a combination of 3Pool and Rogue.

Maybe add an extra turn to the stun on her black at 3+ covers.

Next: Quicksilver
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quicksilver: Remove the cost reduction aspect of his powers and have them cost as much as they do with the current cheapened cost.

Next: X-23
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I'd probably just change her purple to do damage right away, instead of being a trap tile.  Then again, I like her character more than most people around here do.

Change #2, with a Tip of the Cap to TPF Alexis - Berzerker Fury kicks in as soon as you reach 9 Red AP.

Since I haven't seen him done yet, how about Mister (not so) Fantastic
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2018
    Options

Mister Fantastic

Blue – I’m not sure we really need the swapping mechanic? So just create fortified tiles automatically.

Yellow - Passive (0AP) When an enemy matches a special tile gain 3AP in a random colour. If another member of the Fantastic Four is on your team create a 4 turn countdown. Whilst on the board heal for (as already), upon expiry fully charge one active power of an FF member on your team. If matched away destroy 2AP from enemies highest AP amount.

Next: 3* Star Lord

• JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Options
    3* Star-Lord.

Something Good: Reduce the cost to 9 Yellow AP. Double the amount of team healing if there's another Guardian on his team.

Something Bad: Buff the stolen tiles (a la Medusa's hair wiggle). At 4-5 covers, fortify the stolen tiles.

Bit of Both: At 5 covers destroy 5 columns. Damage unchanged.

Next: Iron Man Model 35. Yep, the 1* Iron Man :)
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    IM35: Make his blue cheaper is the number 1. Maybe up the damage on his red a little, because it's kind of unimpressive compared to 1* Spidey.

Next: Let's stay down here: 1* Venom

I'd probably just change her purple to do damage right away, instead of being a trap tile.  Then again, I like her character more than most people around here do.

I've been using her in Webbed Wonder, since she's Boosted, and what I'd really like to see is her green changing to Berzerker Fury as soon as you get to the red threshold, rather than having to get the red and green, fire Holding Back once, and then have to get the green again to actually fire Berzerker Fury.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2018
    Options
    IM35: Make his blue cheaper is the number 1. Maybe up the damage on his red a little, because it's kind of unimpressive compared to 1* Spidey.

Next: Let's stay down here: 1* Venom
    Devour
    12 AP is far too expensive considering he only has two powers. Let's fix that, and give him a third power (see below).
    New power/text: "Venom uses his webbing to pull in his prey and bite them. Deals 350 damage, plus 50 damage per web tile on the board. Add 1 web tile to the board (after damage is calculated). Costs  8 AP, less 1 AP per web tile on the board, but not lower than 4 AP.

Symbiote Snare
    Stuns for 1 turn, plus 1 additional turn per web tile on the board to a maximum of 3 turns. Create a countdown tile equivalent to the number of turns of the stun, which damages stunned foes for 50 points each turn. Adds 1 web tile to the board.

Enrage
    Red (passive): Venom cannot control his hatred for Spider-Man. If Spider-Man is on the opposing team Venom becomes enraged, but leaves himself open to counter attacks. All of Venom's attacks deal double damage, including tile matches, while damage dealt to Venom is increased by 50%.

Have we done the Dark Avengers 2* Bullseye yet?
  • sambrookjm
    Options

I've been using her in Webbed Wonder, since she's Boosted, and what I'd really like to see is her green changing to Berzerker Fury as soon as you get to the red threshold, rather than having to get the red and green, fire Holding Back once, and then have to get the green again to actually fire Berzerker Fury.
    Good point.  I like that change as well.

*goes back and edits post*
  • sambrookjm
    Options
    JSP869 said:

I don't think so, so here's my shot at it.

Purple - List the strength of the protect tile that he creates in his character description!

Black - Make it cheaper.  Even the "discounted" price of 16 AP at LVL 4+ is way too high.  1-star Spidey gets 2 randomly placed critical tiles for 6 AP.  Is placing one (or two at LVL 5) worth the extra 10 AP?

Green - At LVL 5, you gain the AP and deal damage from the tiles you destroy.  Still only basics and team ups, though.

Doom is not amused that his character has not been chosen yet.  Do 3-star Doom.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JSP869 said:

I don't think so, so here's my shot at it.

Purple - List the strength of the protect tile that he creates in his character description!

Black - Make it cheaper.  Even the "discounted" price of 16 AP at LVL 4+ is way too high.  1-star Spidey gets 2 randomly placed critical tiles for 6 AP.  Is placing one (or two at LVL 5) worth the extra 10 AP?

Green - At LVL 5, you gain the AP and deal damage from the tiles you destroy.  Still only basics and team ups, though.

Doom is not amused that his character has not been chosen yet.  Do 3-star Doom.
    Purple is perfect. 

The hard thing about Blue is once you gather enough to fire it, there’s not much left on the board to convert. So my fix is to have it convert a different color to Black. I choose Yellow since it’s the one color Doom and Reed don’t share.

I would make Black have a passive and active, very similar to Daken. Whenever Doom’s team makes a Blue match, create strength X Red attack tiles. The active component would be for the same AP cost (12) he destroys all attack tiles and does AOE damage.

So his powers become self-feeding:

- You chase Blue, putting attack tiles on the board passively.

- Fire Blue and all Yellow tiles become Black creating cascades, crits, etc.

- Fire Black and all the demons explode, injuring the opposing team. 

I’d like to see Medusa slightly reigned in, though the next poster can buff her if they choose. GO!

• TPF Alexis
    Options
    Medusa seems pretty easy to me. Keep all the functionality the same, just tweak the numbers. Take down the healing from Resolute Queen, the damage from Entanglement, and the buff from Hair Meddle by a chunk. Not sure by how much, but it probably doesn't have to be huge. Maybe 10-20% reductions?

Have we done Quake yet?
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quake - I don't think she needs that much.

Blue - tweak so that this prioritises destroying special tiles in the colour chosen.

Green - either reduce the cost to 10AP or add a stun to front enemy player.

Next: Green Goblin
  • Waddles_Pines
    Options
    Gobby:

Black - fine as is
    Purple - maybe change it to one of each color bomb.  Just to make it more interesting
    Yellow - Add a passive where any fortified tile is matched either damage or AP gained.  Or, any fortified tile match either makes a countdown expire or -1 the timer. 

Next: Black Suit Spidey
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Options
    @Daredevil217 As the game creator, need an official ruling on double rebalancing. Already addressed BSSM. Do we do it again?
    Since I did BSSM on page 1 already I guess I could just pick next

Next: Sentry
  • Waddles_Pines
    Options
    My mistake, Gobby just made me think of Spidey, and BSSM is the one that needs the most love (though 3* is a lil wanting to me even though he got "rebalanced" not too long ago).  

As straycat said let's fix Sentry with the power of a million suns...
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I updated the OP and put the list of possible candidates in spoilers.  Hope it helps!

• Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Sentry to have a cloak and dagger like shtick.
    On firing his skills they flip between positives and negativs. Cuz isn't his thing that he is like schizophrenic and for every good he does an equal bad has to happen or something

For instance his red, keep as is (sentry unleashes  the power of his suns to destroy his enemies) but for the reverse charge some tiles and provide a boost of healing (sentry tries to reduce as many innocent casualties as possible and helps out where he can).

Ooh I'd love a new carnage.
  • Bubba3210
    Bubba3210 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I updated the OP and put the list of possible candidates in spoilers.  Hope it helps!

I have to say I love this thread. It’s interesting to see the ideas proposed and that a lot are not lower ap only comments. The community really loves this game and it shows here.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Carnage: This is difficult. Make his Green hit harder for enemy special tiles destroyed.

Next: The Punisher (MAX)