19 Covert Ops pulls and Zero 5*

Comments

• JaGo
    JaGo Posts: 93 Match Maker
    When Archangel was released I spent 625 CP and didn’t get a single 5* from his store. This time, I got Capfinity in only 3 pulls...

• Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    I think I did 10 pulls. 4 wasted covers, 1 new cap and 1 natasha
  • SkadenFrudee
    SkadenFrudee Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    One pull from Thanos progression, purple NewCap. 
  • dadows
    dadows Posts: 59 Match Maker
    2nd free token got me a cap. 
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    In Top Gun I just came across a level 458 5/3/5 Cap boosted to 548, so someone was quite lucky.
  • MysterB
    MysterB Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    JaGo said:
    When Archangel was released I spent 625 CP and didn’t get a single 5* from his store. This time, I got Capfinity in only 3 pulls...

Seriously? Jeez. Stuff like this is what makes people want to just quit playing the game all together.
  • shadowyoshi
    shadowyoshi Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    I'm 0/21 on 5* at all from the Cap release. That said I did get both Ghost Rider and JJ on my first pull from their release tokens.
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    I've gone over 50 pulls with no 5* before , it sucks but it happens.  The odds will balance themselves out eventually though, still it hurts 
  • marshall
    marshall Posts: 179 Tile Toppler
    I've seen it mentioned a couple of times here and on LINE that RNG is not truly random for MPQ and that they compensate for very streaky runs over time. Otherwise you'd have people that would be incredibly unlucky with averages of 5-7% and others that would be too lucky.
  • formula11
    formula11 Posts: 68 Match Maker
    Hate to anger people but got a yellow cap first pull.
  • CenturyChild
    CenturyChild Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    I pulled two tokens (against what I probably should have done as a 3* roster), nabbed a 5* Hawkeye and Valkyrie. Unsure of what to do with both of them, but at least I got a yellow OML cover as a bonus hero, which is supremely helpful to me.
  • dadows
    dadows Posts: 59 Match Maker
    In Top Gun I just came across a level 458 5/3/5 Cap boosted to 548, so someone was quite lucky.
    check out their roster. it’s not legit. 
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    I pulled a purple New Cap cover with my single progression LT (my alliance didn't finish round 8).  It seemed pretty lucky, but then you'd expect this to happen to one in every 20 players who draw from the store.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    marshall said:
    I've seen it mentioned a couple of times here and on LINE that RNG is not truly random for MPQ and that they compensate for very streaky runs over time. Otherwise you'd have people that would be incredibly unlucky with averages of 5-7% and others that would be too lucky.

That's a big reason to avoid the special stores actually - as I understand it the pulls list is specific for each store, so if you pull from regular Heroics or Latest or Classic Legends a dry run just means you are getting closer to Another hot streak since the stores aren't going away. If you end up with a dry run in a special store you are SOL once the store goes away though...
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Swings and roundabouts. I spent 930+cp and only drew a Cap cover in the last pull. The release before, I drew 4 5*s in 7 pulls. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,568 Chairperson of the Boards

22 CP pulls + 1 token = No Cap. I still have a token left which will be my final pull on this store as I'm going back to building my CP up. I got a Black Widow cover though. This is the first 5* since DD's release that I haven't got so I guess my luck has run out.

• WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    40 pulls....1 HE,  1BW , No cap....very disappointed  :s
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    7 pulls no 5*
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    ARE the "streaks" reset with each of these stores, or is the New Release store keeping a running tally regardless of who the character is? I was like 0:10 in Alias for landing any 5*, and then I got a 5* hawkeye on my first draw in Covert Ops. I ended up making 2-3 more pulls, all 4*s, so my sample size isn't that huge, but it felt like what tends to happen in Latest and Classic to me, when you go on a cold streak and then end up with a splash of hot water if you do it long enough.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 764 Critical Contributor
    I had 1100 CP saved and had to wait until 650 spent before I got cap, 

i also got 2 hawkeyes and 3 widows (2 I couldn’t use)

think that works out to about 15%

still don’t like the 1 in 3 chance for 5* releases