19 Covert Ops pulls and Zero 5*

MysterB
MysterB Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
edited April 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
That moment when you want to spend your CP on a 5* being released for the first time and the odds are 1:7. You get absolutely no 5* cover to proc. Has anyone else spent 475 CP or more and had the same issue on this event???

Comments

• jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    43 pulls. no cap covers. 4 widow and 2 hawkeye though.
  • Polly_P1
    Polly_P1 Posts: 99 Match Maker
    8 pulls to get a cap yellow. But got a Natasha at pull 2
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I went through the same thing when Jess came out. 28 pulls without a 5*. It happens. Randomness gets streaky.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2018
    Used 325 CP and got 2 Red New 5* Cap. When Jessica was released I used 375 CP and all the Boss reward tokens and her vault token and did not get her. I ended up with two 5* Black Panthers and 1 Green Goblin though. Funny thing is when Jessica came into latest I got her upon opening the 1st Latest Token.

• Huntah86
    Huntah86 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Im 4/5 with 3 Nats and a Hawkeye
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    I went about 40 pulls with no Cap. I got 2 Hawkeyes and 1 Widow but that’s still a terrible percentage. It was even worse for the Jessica Jones token. Almost 80 pulls and no Jessica Jones.

I’m done with new release tokens.
  • MysterB
    Phew. Thanks for everyone’s input. After this I’m done with release tokens going forward. It just baffles me how you were almost guaranteed a Legendary pull in their ratio of 1:7 (basically 1 out of 7) like 6 months ago and now it’s complete “luck” with the same formula. I could be reaching with this, but it comes after I’ve severly cut my spending on the app too. 
  • MysterB
    Borstock said:
    Had a guy in our alliance pull TWO new C5p covers with his two earned tokens; 1 red, 1 yellow. 

We are thinking of booting him from the alliance (j/k). 
    Wooooow. That’s unbelievable!
  • Steel_Colt
    Steel_Colt Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    Borstock said:
    Had a guy in our alliance pull TWO new C5p covers with his two earned tokens; 1 red, 1 yellow. 

We are thinking of booting him from the alliance (j/k). 
    I didn't get NewCap with my Tokens, but with the three Tokens I pulled I got one Widow, two Hawkeye, so I'm not really complaining. Three covers put to good use.
  • Wilger
    Wilger Posts: 94 Match Maker
    edited April 2018
    1125 CP for 2 Hawkeye, 1 BW and 1 Cap. Only went in because Hawkeye and widdow both could use any cover they got. But still 1:7 no way
  • 0_efx_0
    0_efx_0 Posts: 236 Tile Toppler
    75 CP on 3rd pull, got Yellow Cap5.
    I guess I got really lucky for once...
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    It just baffles me how you were almost guaranteed a Legendary pull in their ratio of 1:7 (basically 1 out of 7) like 6 months ago and now it’s complete “luck” with the same formula. I could be reaching with this, but it comes after I’ve severly cut my spending on the app too. 
    Correction, there was NEVER a guaranteed a legendary pull. Some of my friends gets 15% pulls, whereas others have their rates at 10% (which is 1 out of every 10 pulls).

Its all RNG and yes it's irritating. 
  • MysterB
    atomzed said:
    It just baffles me how you were almost guaranteed a Legendary pull in their ratio of 1:7 (basically 1 out of 7) like 6 months ago and now it’s complete “luck” with the same formula. I could be reaching with this, but it comes after I’ve severly cut my spending on the app too. 
    Correction, there was NEVER a guaranteed a legendary pull. Some of my friends gets 15% pulls, whereas others have their rates at 10% (which is 1 out of every 10 pulls).

Its all RNG and yes it's irritating. 
    We all know there are no guarantees, but you understand where I’m coming from. 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sometimes you beat the odds, sometimes... uh, the odds beat you, I guess?
    I got lucky this time and got a Captain Lumberjack cover from one of the free tokens. Only about a 10% chance for that happening. On the other hand, I had to open around 20 Alias Investigations tokens before I got Jessica Jones, and when I spent CP in Robbie Reyes' release vault the only fivestar cover I got was Doc Ock...
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    I pulled about 20 tokens or so, mostly since I wanted covers for my 1/3/1 Hawkeye.  I pulled a Purple Cap, three Black Widow (bringing her to 5/4/3) and on my last one, a red Hawkeye.  This makes up for other release vaults, where I've either gotten nothing, or the single 5-star cover that I could *not* use  from that vault (Black Bolt Green)  Customer Service does not exchange those, so that was a 25 CP exchange for 2000 ISO. :(

As for streakiness, I've pulled 273 tokens from the Deadpool Vault, trying to get the final red Spider Woman cover I need for my 5/5/2.  Not only did I not pull that one, I haven't pulled the LT from the vault either.  I did get the green Invisible Woman 4-star cover, though.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    I think MPQ should let players take a class on Probability 101. Then, they will understand what probability is and what probability is not.

1:7 probability is not getting a Latest Legend within every 7th, 14th, 21st, ... 7Xth pull. Some got 2 5* covers with 2 pulls and some got 1 5* cover at the 20th pull. It simply means the pull rate must be high enough to see 1:7. I think it's 10,000 or 100,000 pulls.
  • MysterB
    I think MPQ should let players take a class on Probability 101. Then, they will understand what probability is and what probability is not.

1:7 probability is not getting a Latest Legend within every 7th, 14th, 21st, ... 7Xth pull. Some got 2 5* covers with 2 pulls and some got 1 5* cover at the 20th pull. It simply means the pull rate must be high enough to see 1:7. I think it's 10,000 or 100,000 pulls.

Not a terrible idea, but I’m sure they wouldn’t want to give “absolute” answers. Thanks for your input ^_^