bk1234
bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
edited April 2018 in Planeswalker Details
manawhitepng Hautli, Radiant Champion managreenpng
(At Level 60)
+5 manawhitepng | manabluepng | -2 manablackpng | manaredpng | +5 managreenpng 
118 HP
Creatures: 8 | Supports: 6 | Spells: 5

Previously instructed to locate the city of Orazca by the Emperor, Huatli now rejoins the Sun Empire in the fight for control over the golden city and its fabled treasure: The Immortal Sun.
  • Ability 1 (9):
    • Level 1: Create a support with “Whenever you match 3 or more White or Green gems, gain 2 Loyalty.”
    • Level 2: Create a support with “Whenever you match 3 or more White or Green gems, gain 2 Loyalty. If you control a creature, gain 3 Loyalty instead.”
    • Level 3: Create a support with “Whenever you match 3 or more White or Green gems, gain X Loyalty where X is 3 plus the number of creatures you control.”
    • Level 4: Create a support with “Whenever you match 3 or more White or Green gems, gain X Loyalty where X is 3 plus the number of creatures and creature reinforcements you control.”

• Ability 2 (12):
    • Level 1: Target creature gets +X/+X until end of turn where X is the amount of creatures you control.
    • Level 2: Target creature gets +X/+X until end of turn where X is the amount of creatures you control times 2.
    • Level 3: Target creature gains Trample and gets +X/+X until end of turn where X is the amount of creatures you control times 2.
    • Level 4: Target creature gains Trample, Berserker, Prevent Damage and gets +X/+X until end of turn where X is the amount of creatures you control times 2.

• Ability 3 (18):
    • Level 1: Draw a card for each creature you control and gain 6 mana.
    • Level 2: Draw a card for each creature you control then gain 4 mana for each creature you control.
    • Level 3: Draw 2 cards for each creature you control then gain 6 mana for each creature you control.
    • Level 4: Draw 2 card for each creature you control then gain 8 mana for each creature you control.

Comments

• aesith
    aesith Posts: 53 Match Maker
    Where are we at with her? She seems way more awesome than w/g Ajani.
  • IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    She is awesome. Add some ramp, uncage menagerie two cheap creatures and Ghalta and you have a lot of fun.

You hit ultimate almost every turn. 
  • bk1234
    @aesith -- she's amazing, race to her first and then like PP said, you hit her ult almost every time. I'm using Scattered Groves to get g/w matches. 

I don't generally like this color combination, but I'm really having a blast with her. 
  • IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    I think she will be nerfed. To explosive. 
  • HomeRn
    HomeRn Posts: 328 Mover and Shaker
    @IM_CARLOS I'm in the same boat as you.  18 loyalty for her third ability seems like it's a little too easy to hit... especially WITH her first ability gem already out.
  • bk1234
    Here is what her 1st - 3rd ability combo looks like:

https://youtu.be/VErNf8n5ODw

• Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,433 Chairperson of the Boards
    bken1234 said:

That's a ton of loyalty flying around
  • morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    got her just moments ago leveled to 21 with ghalta i got from the 3 pack of cards (lucked out hard there) zendikars roil, hour of promise and beating the first heroic battles easy. dam may replace kiora ;-)
  • HomeRn
    Currently have a deck that is borderline godlike at the moment... it makes Hautli's key weakness - requiring creatures to be out on the field long enough for her loyalty abilities to accelerate mana gains fast enough - to being almost trivial... plus it's standard legal right now.

Just a word of warning - this deck DOES have a masterpiece in it, but it's not required; however it does make the deck's strategy easier to pull off.

Creatures (4):

Zacama, Primal Calamity
    Loyal Retainers

Spells (3):

The Great Aurora
    Legion's Judgement
    Gather the Pack

Supports (3):

Growing Rights of Itlimoc / Itlimoc, Cradle of the Sun
    Unclaimed Territory
    Journey to Eternity / Atzal, Cave of Eternity

The deck's strategy is straightforward: get the dinosaurs out as fast as possible, preferably in large numbers.  The standard way of doing this is simple... just don't pay full cost whenever possible.  There are a number of ways for this to work; either Gisharth can give the other dinos a free cast whenever it attacks - thank goodness it has haste - or just cheat them out of the graveyard!

Loyal Retainers, while not a dinosaur, is the critical card in the deck, since Loyal Retainers literally represents a massive, recurring, threat to bring back up to three gigantic dinosaur threats if it dies.  Playing Growing Rights of Itlimoc or Gather the Pack before playing Loyal Retainers is important, otherwise the Retainers might not bring anything back.

Equally threatening is Journey to Eternity - this card is almost guaranteed to flip to it's more dangerous Cave of Eternity side.  Once flipped, who knows WHAT is going to be coming to the battlefield from the graveyard; but it's going to be a massive threat regardless that's either a dinosaur with a massive battlefield presence or the Loyal Retainers, which could cause even MORE dinosaurs to appear!

The spells in the deck represent the triggers for the deck to fire off the combo, or as a means of stability in case things go sideways.  Gather the Pack allows for deck filtering and allowing creatures to cheated out through either Loyal Retainers or Cave of Eternity.  Legion's Judgement is primarily used to clear out high powered threats for stability, but it can also be used to flip Journey to Eternity to replay a creature.  The Great Aurora represents the "reset button.". If things go really sideways - destroy EVERYTHING; except for Journey to Eternity if you have a creature out... since it will flip and "Dodge" the Aurora's destroy effect if you have a creature in play!

The creatures in the deck other than Loyal Retainers ideally should have immediate battlefield presence.  Verdant Sun's Avatar allows for big burst healing, Gisharth has both haste and the ability to give full Mana to the dinosaurs in your hand that might otherwise get stranded in case of Mana shortages, while Zacama brings amazing utility in the form of gem conversion upon ETB, AND the ability to destroy support gems once per turn.
  • Gunmix25
    Hey guys! H2 is easily one of my favorite PW right now because of her versatility with creatures and associated cards to buff said creatures.  Cons are: No creatures means a quick merciless death. Control builds just aren't viable and often leads to a quick and merciless death. Despite her advantage of sucking up loyalty like a jet engine intake when multiple reinforcements are out there, devoting three spots to tokens can lead to a quick and merciless death; no way to bounce back from removal for the win. 
    Pros: good lord can she steam roll.  Paired with disable cards or decent removal like Settle the Wreckage she can regain the advantage in a turn and then some. With two creatures and 1 token generator she can keep that 3rd loyalty firing or bounce back to provide a proper tinykittyslap. Buffs and creature based/connected spells are very effective, a place I feel AJ2 struggled. 

3 Favorite builds features legions landing and a few more vamps. Second is Horsey with wildwalker with some life gain. Third is Tishana,  tendershoot, menagerie.  Fun stuff.

So what are your thoughts about her, likes, dislikes, pros, cons? Favorite combos or builds? Love to hear. To me, She is just plain fun! 
  • TomB
    TomB Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    I'm currently in a quandry trying to decide which PW to get for my 650 crystals - H2 or Vraska. I want both (eventually) but can only afford 1 for now... :/
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    I saved up specifically for H2 (got Vraska last go around).  Of course, I don't have the runes to level her but that's a different issue.  My only real complaint is her beginner deck.  Why is it vampires?
  • Gunmix25
    TomB said:
    I'm currently in a quandry trying to decide which PW to get for my 650 crystals - H2 or Vraska. I want both (eventually) but can only afford 1 for now... :/
    That's a tough decision.  Vraska is the only G/B pw... and that alone is a huge combo. H2 is a top tier PW. Both are great imho.  But if I had any advice... go with the one that you feel you'll have the most enjoyment out of at this moment. Be happy now *whistles annoyingly catchy tune*
  • WulFgaR77
    WulFgaR77 Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    edited April 2018
    https://ibb.co/jtzqRn (screenshot)

I'm also in love with cheap white Vamps. Quickly SPAM units with third ability and use white/green basic combo: Forerunner of the Legion and Path of Discovery ... again again again

two Mythics:
    Mavren Fein (more tokens)
    Growing Rites of Itlimoc (mana and units)

Rare:
    Call to the Feast (reinforce all units)
    Radiant Destiny (tokens count in "at least 3 creatures that share a type...")

Defense: your choice (Ambuscade, Spinxs Decree etc.)

NOT the best build but fun to use.

BTW: Do not use first H2 ability whith tokens because you have to waaaaaaiiit toooooooooo loooooooooooooong eh. 

• HomeRn
    I've had so much fun using H2 since her "original" release - and dear god she is a monster if she gets going.  Hearing that she is now available for crystals is a mixed blessing for me - knowing that she is now available to everyone that really wants her - means I'm going to see her a LOT from now on...

Just a quick tip: If you have a way to "cheat" out creatures either from your deck (Reason/Believe) or from your graveyard (Journey to Eternity), you can actually do some serious work with her even against a control heavy match-up such as Nicol!
  • Mojo
    Mojo Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Id like to camp the H2 spawn point,  good loot there today.
  • ard021
    ard021 Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    HomeRn said:
    I've had so much fun using H2 since her "original" release - and dear god she is a monster if she gets going.  Hearing that she is now available for crystals is a mixed blessing for me - knowing that she is now available to everyone that really wants her - means I'm going to see her a LOT from now on...

Just a quick tip: If you have a way to "cheat" out creatures either from your deck (Reason/Believe) or from your graveyard (Journey to Eternity), you can actually do some serious work with her even against a control heavy match-up such as Nicol!
    WG also gets Gather the Pack and some very nice embalm and eternalize creatures.
  • Zzyzzx
    Zzyzzx Posts: 248 Tile Toppler
    bken1234 said:

Holy Cripes!  I hope I don't ever have to fight against that build.
  • morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    but as it has been discussed 1st and 3rd dont work without creatures on the board so keep it clear and half the battle is won
  • Gunmix25
    morgue427 said:
    but as it has been discussed 1st and 3rd dont work without creatures on the board so keep it clear and half the battle is won
    Slight error here.

1st works without creatures.

2nd and 3rd don't.