123457»

Comments

• Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gari wrote:
    Polares wrote:
    zodiac339 wrote:
    babinro wrote:

Personal Note: I'm really disappointed that her colours match Miles's. The most exciting prospect of having multiple web tile generators at the same tier of play was to see how amazing they might have been feeding off one another. Miles isn't exactly breaking the game so having the duo build each other up a la xDP/XF would have been perfect! You even had the perfect red skill on Gwen to make it happen. Even just making Kick Out the Jams a blue skill (since OBW shows that blue means temp healing) would make a world of difference.
    Pretty sure they play tested that and found that one or the other of them became brokenly good when they could feed each other web tiles. From the AP gain Miles provides to the ease of reducing Gwen's red cost, they couldn't give them rainbow mode.

Well if you play a 3/5/5 spider-gwen and a 5/5/3 Miles they can certainly play well together (red for gwen, purple for miles). You can add 3 spidey for even more web action, and you can have gwen firing red for 6 AP all the time and Miles firing purple with a lot of tiles on the board doing also a lot of damage and with miles yellow you have a lot of AP on the board. If Miles had blue instead of purple...

Maybe not the best team in the world, but probably quite fun.. It is a pity that Eddie doesnt create web tiles, that would be almost a rainbow team, but I guess he should be in team symbiote with Carnage icon_razz.gif

I have a near maxed miles now and Gwen has about 4 red, so I can tell you miles red should be 3. No way does his dmg even come close to hers
    . And he's the better web spinner, so max the other two. His red stun will never increase so no loss there

Yeah certainly, I guess I got the colors wrong when I wrote this, because I was obviously saying that Miles should be 5/5/3, Gwen red is so much powerful. I would like to test this team, I want to play a good spidey since they nerfed 3 Spidey, but my Gwen is still 1/2/1 so it is still very far from playable...
  • Gari
    Gari Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Polaris, just add SW. You will never run out of webs. You can test the mechanics now, even if you don't have enough of gwen's red. Just assume it does max dmg and try this team to see how fast it goes. She is dealing 7k now and nowhere near maxed
  • Cthulhu
    Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
    Added a poll per a PM request, please let me know if you guys ever want one added. Usually a PM works best because I can't read every post, but I do try...

If you want me to just add polls to all character posts going forward it's no trouble, just say the word!
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cthulhu wrote:
    Added a poll per a PM request, please let me know if you guys ever want one added. Usually a PM works best because I can't read every post, but I do try...

If you want me to just add polls to all character posts going forward it's no trouble, just say the word!

Thanks Cthulthu, thats probably a good idea going forward. I would suggest these options.
    5/5/3
    5/3/5
    3/5/5
    0/5/5
    5/0/5
    5/5/0

These six options should encompass all possible combinations and give informal feedback if the forum thinks a potential power is a stinker.
  • djpt05
    djpt05 Posts: 178
    So who do you think Gwen works well with after her redesign?
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Gwen's best teammates probably haven't changed. She benefits from web tiles but she's not good at making them herself so Miles is a must. Miles/Gwen have the same colors, and Miles' yellow generates blue, so you have to find someone with an active blue and hopefully an active green/black as well. Punisher Max is all of those. Cho is green/blue/black, but doesn't have an active blue so while he'll benefit from blue collection, it won't be as useful as an active blue user.

5-star Spider-Man, Iceman, Quake, Invisible Woman and War Machine are solid active blues who also use green. Kate is probably the best active blue that has a good active black, both Mordo and Mr F use this color scheme but aren't nearly as good.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gwen's best teammates probably haven't changed. She benefits from web tiles but she's not good at making them herself so Miles is a must. Miles/Gwen have the same colors, and Miles' yellow generates blue, so you have to find someone with an active blue and hopefully an active green/black as well. Punisher Max is all of those. Cho is green/blue/black, but doesn't have an active blue so while he'll benefit from blue collection, it won't be as useful as an active blue user.

5-star Spider-Man, Iceman, Quake, Invisible Woman and War Machine are solid active blues who also use green. Kate is probably the best active blue that has a good active black, both Mordo and Mr F use this color scheme but aren't nearly as good.

Completely agree that the partners haven't changed and that Miles is the obvious choice.

The rest of your list looks good too but want to clarify about Cho. His blue isn't an active but 1) it does damage and 2) You need blue AP to trigger the big damage secondary condition of his green and anything that helps get him there is a win.
  • d3guser
    d3guser Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Can we update the latest stats please?
  • Ezrius
    Ezrius Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Is Gwen's updated Yellow passive a true heal?

I've come very close to accidentally covering her (4/3/5) after receiving my free Red cover from SHIELD Resupply, and I'm trying to decide if I should have her higher in my priorities list.  I've got a ways to go on my C&D (1/4/5), so I was wondering if she'd have potential as a third for Vulture and Rogue, keeping Rogue healthy (if she doesn't hop in front of her on Yellow and Red) and conserving on Heath Packs.

Thanks.
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Ezrius said:

I've come very close to accidentally covering her (4/3/5) after receiving my free Red cover from SHIELD Resupply, and I'm trying to decide if I should have her higher in my priorities list.  I've got a ways to go on my C&D (1/4/5), so I was wondering if she'd have potential as a third for Vulture and Rogue, keeping Rogue healthy (if she doesn't hop in front of her on Yellow and Red) and conserving on Heath Packs.

Thanks.
    Gwen shouldn't be a priority.  She really works well with Miles and 5* Peter Parker.  C&D work well with black and/or yellow users and have their own heal in one mode.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ezrius said:
    Just as an FYI - there are no 'true' healers that heal the whole party.