**** Spider-Gwen (Gwen Stacy) ****

12346

Comments

  • notamutantnotamutant Age Unconfirmed Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    So my feelings on Gwen: For the 5 star players that have a BSS, Gwen is the ultimate teammate. If you have 5 blue and 5 purple covers for BSS, you get a character that can almost always keep BSS invisible, which is important for him to function. First off, it means for 6 blue AP and 6 purple AP, you can stun two guys for two turns, and deal 10k+ damage to one guy. Using boosts you can just make two matches and essentially knock out any lower health 4 star between match damage from BSS and Taek-Web-Do, and perma stun the other two guys. By the time the stuns slow down, Gwen's red will easily only cost 6 red AP, and you can take out another guy. You might even have enough green by then to finish off the last gun with a 4 turn stun by throwing a car at him. I don't think there is any other 5 star that teams up so well with a 4 star to make such a versatile duo. Except against Silver Surfer, you can pretty much crush any other team with this on offense. Defense won't work as well though.
  • zodiac339zodiac339 Posts: 1,947 Chairperson of the Boards
    So, hang on...while the enemies patiently wait, Gwen calls the rest of her band mid-fight and they come over for a quick jam session which...*cough*...gives the team health?

    Congrats on making the most ridiculous ability ever!

    *golf clap*
    And bad too. The only team healer that doesn't heal herself (from playing the free node and healing multiple times just to be sure my eyes weren't fooling me). Does this Spidey have a bug?
    Also, most ridiculous? Did you completely forget Hot Dog Stand? Or this original silliness of Whales! Whales! Whales! Or, icon_e_biggrin.gif Prehistoric Arms? icon_lol.gif Look at the dinosaur wave his stupid, tiny arms!
  • Cartoon FaceCartoon Face Age Unconfirmed Posts: 103
    So disappointed with the all of the animations for Gwen's powers.

    Feels like a rush job icon_rolleyes.gif
  • elusiveelusive Age Unconfirmed Posts: 261 Mover and Shaker
    So disappointed with the all of the animations for Gwen's powers.

    Feels like a rush job icon_rolleyes.gif

    What bothers me is that her face/hair look weird. She doesn't look that way in the comics.
  • ClydeFrog76ClydeFrog76 Age Unconfirmed Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just saw her portrait for the first time in the first HoD team-up node.

    Awful.
  • Cartoon FaceCartoon Face Age Unconfirmed Posts: 103
    I take my last comment back. The powers were not loading correctly on my device due to the security on the wifi....

    Agree with the look of her though, not great.
  • CrookedKnightCrookedKnight Age Unconfirmed Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Her look in costume is great, and I like her unmasked appearance when she's rocking out, but that portrait...not good.
  • TatercatTatercat Age Unconfirmed Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    That unmasked portrait weirded me out too. It's like she just locked eyes with Bullseye in the Contract Killer animation across the room and suddenly romance music is swelling up.
  • Pwuz_Pwuz_ Posts: 1,170 Chairperson of the Boards
    zodiac339 wrote:
    ]
    And bad too. The only team healer that doesn't heal herself (from playing the free node and healing multiple times just to be sure my eyes weren't fooling me). Does this Spidey have a bug?

    THIS!!! What the TINYKITTY!?! I mean seriously, what is the intention of this? I could understand if she had some other means of healing herself, but as it stands this is ridiculous.

    UNLESS:
    (conspiracy theory)
    All team healing abilities are about to be nerfed to this same degree. icon_eek.gif

    Imagine a world where all healing abilities either healed that character or only their allies, never both. It would turn all healing powers into 3rd class abilities and relegate their characters to Bag status.

    And wait, my conspiracy gets better. Then after a few months of that, they would change it back! Kinda like the New Coke, it'll be around forever...hehehe
  • VhailorxVhailorx Posts: 5,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    What is the rationale for a teammate only burst heal? In her ddq node, this power will turn 8 ap into 2 web tiles? Really?

    Maybe if it was true healing, I could see a rationale for limiting it to teammates only (though it would still be very powerful and would need to give less health). But as is, there is no reason for this to be the only burst heal power in the game that ignores the caster. It would be weak even if it did affect Gwen. . .
  • kyrainkyrain Age Unconfirmed Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    Other than the healing bug I am super stoked on her. She is everything *** spidey should have been.
  • OzarkBoatswainOzarkBoatswain Posts: 657 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2016
    Let's look at the descriptions of team heal powers.

    OBW says "allies"
    Beast says "allies"
    3* Spider-Man says "his team"
    Kamala says "the team"

    Spider-Gwen says "each teammate"

    So I'm guessing it's not a bug.

    How about some other powers that mention allies?

    OML says "each team member" and includes himself
    Sentry says "allies" and includes himself
    Rag says "allies" and includes himself
    2* Storm says "a team member" and includes herself
    Carnage says, besides the target, "all other allies and enemies" and does not include himself
    4*DP says "an ally of mine" and does not include himself
    Luke Cage says "each ally" and does not include himself
    Phoenix says "Jean's teammates" and does not include herself

    Some standardization would be nice.
  • greenglovegreenglove Posts: 105 Tile Toppler
    pabasa130 wrote:
    Cheap purple stun! Whoop whoop! This character could probably go well with 5*spidey.

    I've been playing a maxed champion version at lvl 478, and she has am AMAZING synergy with 5* spidey. Her stun feeds into his blue, and they have no color overmatch. She is by far 5* Spidey's best sidekick.
  • greenglovegreenglove Posts: 105 Tile Toppler
    notamutant wrote:
    So my feelings on Gwen: For the 5 star players that have a BSS, Gwen is the ultimate teammate. If you have 5 blue and 5 purple covers for BSS, you get a character that can almost always keep BSS invisible, which is important for him to function. First off, it means for 6 blue AP and 6 purple AP, you can stun two guys for two turns, and deal 10k+ damage to one guy. Using boosts you can just make two matches and essentially knock out any lower health 4 star between match damage from BSS and Taek-Web-Do, and perma stun the other two guys. By the time the stuns slow down, Gwen's red will easily only cost 6 red AP, and you can take out another guy. You might even have enough green by then to finish off the last gun with a 4 turn stun by throwing a car at him. I don't think there is any other 5 star that teams up so well with a 4 star to make such a versatile duo. Except against Silver Surfer, you can pretty much crush any other team with this on offense. Defense won't work as well though.

    This is exactly what I'm experiencing in gameplay on my sandbox.
  • ErikPeterErikPeter Posts: 718 Critical Contributor
    So disappointed with the all of the animations for Gwen's powers.

    Feels like a rush job icon_rolleyes.gif

    I find myself hating them more and more (Shut your tinykitty mouth while you drum, you freak!) but it's not a rush job. I think they're catering to a specific part of the playerbase with the bright colors and cartoony style; all those players saying "I love every single animation of hers!!!"

    Different strokes for different folks. Whatever.

    It's not a bug. She heals her teammates. Whatever.
  • Moon RoachMoon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    I love the way the AI's Kick Out the Jams has the band name reversed on the drum kit. Very lazy use of mirror image.

    :edit: It's the right way round on Android, wrong way round on Steam. How strange.
  • XandorXerxesXandorXerxes Posts: 329 Mover and Shaker
    Moon Roach wrote:
    I love the way the AI's Kick Out the Jams has the band name reversed on the drum kit. Very lazy use of mirror image.

    :edit: It's the right way round on Android, wrong way round on Steam. How strange.

    I'm on steam - it's backwards when the enemy uses it, forwards when I use it.

    Yes, I used it once. I may be an idiot.
  • I noticed that Teenage Kicks will make sure not to stun already stunned targets.

    Has that been a thing for randomstuns for a while now?

    Even her loaner came in handy. I was running IM40/LCap and after taking out one partner, I could use all the spare purple I had, Peacemaker one member, and Teenage Kicks to stun the other.

    That seems pretty darn useful.
  • himatakohimatako Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    colwag wrote:
    I noticed that Teenage Kicks will make sure not to stun already stunned targets.

    Has that been a thing for randomstuns for a while now?

    Even her loaner came in handy. I was running IM40/LCap and after taking out one partner, I could use all the spare purple I had, Peacemaker one member, and Teenage Kicks to stun the other.

    That seems pretty darn useful.

    Yeah, I think that has been changed during the past few updates. Stun is also applied after the damage is dealt, taking into account who will survive the damage, and who is already stunned.

    I think there's a case of a longer stun overwriting a short one, but I'm not sure how that works yet.
  • GariGari Age Unconfirmed Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Polares wrote:
    zodiac339 wrote:
    babinro wrote:

    Personal Note: I'm really disappointed that her colours match Miles's. The most exciting prospect of having multiple web tile generators at the same tier of play was to see how amazing they might have been feeding off one another. Miles isn't exactly breaking the game so having the duo build each other up a la xDP/XF would have been perfect! You even had the perfect red skill on Gwen to make it happen. Even just making Kick Out the Jams a blue skill (since OBW shows that blue means temp healing) would make a world of difference.
    Pretty sure they play tested that and found that one or the other of them became brokenly good when they could feed each other web tiles. From the AP gain Miles provides to the ease of reducing Gwen's red cost, they couldn't give them rainbow mode.

    Well if you play a 3/5/5 spider-gwen and a 3/5/5 Miles they can certantly play well together (red for gwen, purple for miles). You can add 3 spidey for even more web action, and you can have gwen firing red for 6 AP all the time and Miles firing purple with a lot of tiles on the board doing also a lot of damage and with miles yellow you have a lot of AP on the board. If Miles had blue instead of purple...

    Maybe not the best team in the world, but probably quite fun.. It is a pity that Eddie doesnt create web tiles, that would be almost a rainbow team, but I guess he should be in team symbiote with Carnage icon_razz.gif

    I have a near maxed miles now and Gwen has about 4 red, so I can tell you miles red should be 3. No way does his dmg even come close to hers
    . And he's the better web spinner, so max the other two. His red stun will never increase so no loss there
Sign In or Register to comment.