Rivals of Ixalan - Blog Post (3/8/18)

Options
1235»

Comments

• Babo21
    Babo21 Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Maybe a system where if you lose a game you could try it again but gaining no points from bonus objectives and only gaining half points for a victory. And if you lose again you have another chance, but gaining just 25% of victory points. And if you would lose again you lose the charge.
  • ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Babo21 said:
    Maybe a system where if you lose a game you could try it again but gaining no points from bonus objectives and only gaining half points for a victory. And if you lose again you have another chance, but gaining just 25% of victory points. And if you would lose again you lose the charge.
    Even just -1 or -2 ribbons per loss is probably enough. 
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

bken1234 said:
    Babo21 said:
    Good work. Everything looks nice except for the charges on the nodes. Having only 8 hours untill the max number of charges is reached will impact the way a great number of players will deal with the game. I have a job and do 12 hour shifts pretty often. If the event starts at 9 am local time I'll be at work during the time it reaches max charge. I might not be able to play all my games during those 8 hours and lose some charges, hurting my team's score in the process. Starting with less charges would be better (one charge, and a max of 3).

I also have another concern. Will any other set rotate out of standard?
    We want a system that allows players to play the event in the way that their schedule/time zone allows them to. However, with the changes to event design we want newer players, with less access to powerful cards that can handle several situations easily, to have more attempts and tries to beat each node. We are looking into long-term solutions to the node charges problem that will allow both things to happen. For now, we will be closely monitoring the situation and make adjustments as we go.

Kaladesh and Aether Revolt will leave standard.
    Thank you for this answer, however I find it confusing. Giving any player new or otherwise only 8 hours to finish their first charge gives less opportunity to finish charges. 

Also it makes the game feel more grindy and is a retention factor that way as well. 

Traditinally 5 node events have started at 1/3 more of an opportunity would have been 2/4 or even just giving all charges at once and then maybe something like losing 1 @24 hours and the 1 every 12 hours after that —

But this is exactly the opposite of giving more chances. 

I'll have to second this. The focus should be on "when are the nodes maxed", more than "how many do they start with?"
  • ElfNeedsFood
    Options
    @Brigby are we going to get a card gallery at all?

• IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    Options

Just use the ingame card gallery. 
  • ElfNeedsFood
    Options
    IM_CARLOS said:

Yeah, it's just that they had a very mediocre set released with tons of fanfare followed by a much better set (and lots of fixes to the mediocre set) released with no advance notice and no fanfare whatsoever...  I am hopeful it at least gets the same treatment as every other set in the gallery.
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IM_CARLOS said:

@IM_CARLOS

Also Octal scrubs clean images from the D3 gallery for mtgpq.info -- we had a group of volunteers pull from the game, but they don't look as good.