***** Jessica Jones (Alias Investigations) *****

Comments

• BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,158 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/5/3
    I am curious about how she pairs with 5* Thor, particularly with his ability to generate cascades. The blue description states that the trap has to be matched but how does that work out if a trap is matched during a cascade generated by his God of Thunder passive?
    Matches that occur after Thor destroys random tiles will definitely trigger JJ's passive if they include one of her trap tiles. It's just a normal match after all. 
    Be warned a bit though, if her traps happen to be on red, yellow, or green tiles, God-mode Thor does Not attempt to avoid randomly destroying them, because they aren't Your traps after all. 
    At the start of the turn, create a Red, Black, or Blue enemy Trap tile if fewer than 4 exist.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    5/5/3
    I am curious about how she pairs with 5* Thor, particularly with his ability to generate cascades. The blue description states that the trap has to be matched but how does that work out if a trap is matched during a cascade generated by his God of Thunder passive?
    Matches that occur after Thor destroys random tiles will definitely trigger JJ's passive if they include one of her trap tiles. It's just a normal match after all. 
    Be warned a bit though, if her traps happen to be on red, yellow, or green tiles, God-mode Thor does Not attempt to avoid randomly destroying them, because they aren't Your traps after all. 
    At the start of the turn, create a Red, Black, or Blue enemy Trap tile if fewer than 4 exist.

Red traps are definitely a concern. It's possible for trap tiles to change colors too, so it's not out of the question that some of Jessica's traps could end up on yellow or green tiles in certain conditions - 2* and 3* Thor could do it, as could Cloak and Dagger, 5* Hulk... There are probably others too, that's just the ones that came to mind.
  • fork1977
    fork1977 Posts: 94 Match Maker

Edit: mistakenly listed the possibility of yellow or green traps, but red traps can be an issue
    Tested this. Traps only go off if matched, not destroyed. Had Thor destroy some traps without effect but he also destroyed some tiles that resulted in cascade match and that DID cause JJ passive to go off

short version: no match, no damage. But she will replace them next turn if less than 4
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    GrimSkald said:
    "Defenestrate" is my favorite word in the English Language.
    ahahah - looked up the meaning .... brilliant :)
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2018
    5/3/5
    In the recent Krakadoom event, I used C4rol and X-23. I went up against a team of loner Rags, JJ 1/0/1, and I think 3* Cage (not sure).
    My impressions: Holy **** she's annoying. Couldn't wait to kill her. Those strike tiles can add up. And those traps are...ughhh.

I still won handily, but if JJ had more covers I'm sure it would've gotten nuts in a hurry. Based off my fight against her with only 2 covers, she definitely seems very powerful. I want her!!!
  • himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Anon said:
    In the recent Krakadoom event, I used C4rol and X-23. I went up against a team of loner Rags, JJ 1/0/1, and I think 3* Cage (not sure).
    My impressions: Holy tinykitty she's annoying. Couldn't wait to kill her. Those strike tiles can add up. And those traps are...ughhh.

I still won handily, but if JJ had more covers I'm sure it would've gotten nuts in a hurry. Based off my fight against her with only 2 covers, she definitely seems very powerful. I want her!!!
    This. Her trap is much more annoying and effective than I thought. The damage per trap was around 3,000, which was enough to make me play more carefully and target her first. I'm hoarding CPs and Latest Legend tokens right now. Hope I can get her covers next season!
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    3/5/5
    For the poll on her build it is about are you planning on playing her with or without Gambit.  With Gambit 3,5,5 since she can’t fire red.  If you are not running her with Gambit and are running her with DD, or Thanos or a 4* I can see 5,5,3 or 5,4,4 being viable.  There are actually some really good red powers in 5* land but very few black powers.  So if you have Thor she works well with 3 in red, With GR I would take GR black and JJ red.  With the new 5* that have come out a lot of them have 3 really good powers and you can just look to synergies with your roster.
  • VizMantis
    VizMantis Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    I saw her for the first time (champed) in pvp today.  Not knowing what to expect, I erred on the side of cowardice and skipped her.  Given that I’m either running ~455 gambit/GThor or gambit/Daredevil, was it a good call to fear her or no?  
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    VizMantis said:
    I saw her for the first time (champed) in pvp today.  Not knowing what to expect, I erred on the side of cowardice and skipped her.  Given that I’m either running ~455 gambit/GThor or gambit/Daredevil, was it a good call to fear her or no?  

Remember she has a 90 level boost currently.
    So anything below level 540 isn't actually champed.

I'd definitely skip a level 540+ one, but I'll definitely take on a 450 one.
  • Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    5/3/5
    Have a friend who champed her already and sent me her team up. Her red may be my new favorite tu in the game. 
  • CloudTactics
    CloudTactics Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    Jessica Jones + Valkyrie is tons of fun. Jessica's trap tiles + Valkyrie's bounty results in me spamming jessica's red A LOT (almost every other turn). When you built up enough strike tiles, you can use Valkyrie's multi-hit red to deal big hits
  • himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Been hoarding CPs and Latest Legend tokens and I finally got her red and blue covers!! Even with just 1 cover in those colors, she's already very fun to use!

I'm teaming her up with Quicksilver in Ragin' Cajun event. Collecting blue will activate Quicksilver's blue while allowing JJ to see her traps. You can then use Quicksilver's black to make a swap that match JJ's trap easily. Making a blue match that contains JJ's trap and activating Quicksilver's AOE at the same time can be very powerful, dealing 7k damage to the target. I really wish I could collect all 13 covers for her soon :'( 
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    So here's a question - If you have 5-star Strange's Eye of Agamotto at 5, and Jessica Jones's blue, does Strange's eye remove the traps that Jessica puts down?  I'd think so, since they're enemy traps...but it would be nice if they didn't.
  • ESN91
    ESN91 Posts: 71 Match Maker
    3/5/5
    Just champed JJ (3/5/5). She’s now part of my New Simulator rainbow team with Gambit and Thor.
    I just love her traps ! They add a lot of fun !
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    So amazingly I got JJ covered today.  Is she as solid as she looks?  I really have not messed with her much, I like to wait until I can level a character so I do not form any negative opinions.  Blue looks like her best power and red and black can be switched around depending on the team she is on.  I don't have Gambit or Thor so the above combos do not mean much to me :)  I am planning on running her at 4/4/5 unless in most cases that I can see unless somebody talks me out of it :)  Any good advice for those of you who have her leveled?  Thanks in advance. 

• sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    3/5/5
    Just a note about her blue, the treshold is either 6 or 8 blue AP for them to show up. If you leave it at 3 and use +2 blue/purple boost, it comes down to the same number of matches before you can see traps (2+3+3). There's a small dmg difference (1500) but the traps are not reliable, I like reliable powers so I'm probably gonna run her 5/5/3 most of the time.

Does anybody have good partners (besides Gambit) to fullfil her black condition? (specials on red/black/blue basically)
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,158 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    5/5/3
    Listing out Jessica's stats at lv450 with 3-5 covers, for easy reference.

Defenestrate
    3 covers: 7232 damage, 5 strikes of strength 265
    4 covers: 7232 damage, 5 strikes of strength 373
    5 covers: 11331 damage, 5 strikes of strength 373

Body Check
    3 covers: 10510 damage + 1751 per colour (max 21016)
    4 covers: 12261 damage + 2043 per colour (max 24519)
    5 covers: 15764 damage + 2626 per colour (max 31520)

Damning Evidence
    3 covers: at least 8 Blue AP; gains 3AP; 8556 damage
    4 covers: at least 8 Blue AP; gains 3AP; 9400 damage
    5 covers: at least 6 Blue AP; gains 3AP; 10123 damage
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    I have gotten a lot of use out of her after my previous post I would go 5/3/5, unless you are playing with somebody who spams tiles to maximize her black attack.  I still feel her blue is a must at 5 it is devastating once you get the hang of it.  Red is solid and quick and her black is crazy but by the time you are ready to use it the match is almost over and it is typically overkill.  With 3 slots it still does 18 K you cast it after a red and you will almost always have the max.  

My only complaint about her is here heal time, it is over a day if she dies.
  • Cactus_Jack_87
    Cactus_Jack_87 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    5/5/3
    Finally got Jess champed, so here's my newest video showing her off!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-O2xnNTek68&feature=youtu.be

• akboyce
    akboyce Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2018
    I know the forum opinion on supports is not great, but I have been getting some nice bonus from them with Jessica.

Vibranium Tier 2 and Avengers Tower Tier 3 both grant a protect tile in a random color whenever you make a match four+. Unlike a lot of the support things that happen X% of the time these are 100% activations even at level 1.  Obviously the protect tiles themselves are very weak but upping her black damage for any match 4+ is nice. There is a small risk of it overwriting a trap but probably worth the risk.  

Not relevant in PVP yet but when they do come be sure to watch out for JJ teams sporting supports that make free special tiles.