***** Jessica Jones (Alias Investigations) *****

13»

Comments

• hopper1979hopper1979 Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    I have gotten a lot of use out of her after my previous post I would go 5/3/5, unless you are playing with somebody who spams tiles to maximize her black attack.  I still feel her blue is a must at 5 it is devastating once you get the hang of it.  Red is solid and quick and her black is crazy but by the time you are ready to use it the match is almost over and it is typically overkill.  With 3 slots it still does 18 K you cast it after a red and you will almost always have the max.  

My only complaint about her is here heal time, it is over a day if she dies.
  • Cactus_Jack_87Cactus_Jack_87 Posts: 189 Tile Toppler
    5/5/3
    Finally got Jess champed, so here's my newest video showing her off!

• akboyceakboyce Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    edited June 2018
    I know the forum opinion on supports is not great, but I have been getting some nice bonus from them with Jessica.

Vibranium Tier 2 and Avengers Tower Tier 3 both grant a protect tile in a random color whenever you make a match four+. Unlike a lot of the support things that happen X% of the time these are 100% activations even at level 1.  Obviously the protect tiles themselves are very weak but upping her black damage for any match 4+ is nice. There is a small risk of it overwriting a trap but probably worth the risk.  

Not relevant in PVP yet but when they do come be sure to watch out for JJ teams sporting supports that make free special tiles. 
  • bigsmoothbigsmooth Posts: 372 Mover and Shaker
    akboyce said:
    I know the forum opinion on supports is not great, but I have been getting some nice bonus from them with Jessica.

Vibranium Tier 2 and Avengers Tower Tier 3 both grant a protect tile in a random color whenever you make a match four+. Unlike a lot of the support things that happen X% of the time these are 100% activations even at level 1.  Obviously the protect tiles themselves are very weak but upping her black damage for any match 4+ is nice. There is a small risk of it overwriting a trap but probably worth the risk.  

Not relevant in PVP yet but when they do come be sure to watch out for JJ teams sporting supports that make free special tiles. 
    I've had the Vibranium Ore on my JJ for a while and this is definitely accurate. The best part is that you don't even have to level up the support if you don't want to, even strength 15 protect tiles will amplify the damage from her black. If you are using her with America Chavez, you are likely getting one or more match 4/5s every turn so her black will hit very hard by the time you have the AP to fire it.
  • RichyyyRichyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    Any further opinions on what her best build is? Was easy when you were constantly using her with Gambit, but now it's a more difficult choice. Black and red both gain a lot of damage with that 5th level, but dropping the blue AP necessary to see the traps to just six can also be very useful. Right now I have her at 5/3/5 largely because the red is available to fire more often due to being cheaper. But paired with Thor I'm tempted to push his red power to 5, use that instead, and then focus JJ on black and blue.

What do we think in a soon-to-be-post-Gambit world?
  • fork1977fork1977 Posts: 93 Match Maker
    Richyyy said:
    Any further opinions on what her best build is? Was easy when you were constantly using her with Gambit, but now it's a more difficult choice. Black and red both gain a lot of damage with that 5th level, but dropping the blue AP necessary to see the traps to just six can also be very useful. Right now I have her at 5/3/5 largely because the red is available to fire more often due to being cheaper. But paired with Thor I'm tempted to push his red power to 5, use that instead, and then focus JJ on black and blue.

What do we think in a soon-to-be-post-Gambit world?
    I have found the Blue AP find ability to be far less important than the extra damage when you trigger Damning Evidence.  I rarely match specifically to trigger it, and it will happen quite a lot even when not trying.  I will usually go 544 or 553, since black is expensive and red is so devastating, especially now that Gambit will overwrite her tiles less often.  The good news is that however you build her, she will be very useful.
  • DormammuDormammu Posts: 3,379 Chairperson of the Boards
    Richyyy said:
    Any further opinions on what her best build is?
    Jessica is a bit like Kate Bishop - no matter how you configure her, she's gonna get ya. Her only color, in my opinion, that needs to be left at 5 is blue. Damning Evidence is her best power and since it doesn't need any AP to trigger it doesn't matter if you have another blue user on your team or not.

Most of the time I have her at 5/3/5.
  • RickOShayRickOShay Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    When running her with Thor, he should be leaving more black matches available on the board due to his removal of Y-R-G. I really think 3/5/5 is her best default build, whether with Gambit or not. 
  • RichyyyRichyyy Posts: 305 Mover and Shaker
    So I guess it's fair to say that opinion is split :).
  • frederecfrederec Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    I had her at 3/5/5 for a while, but then I leveled her enough so she tanked red over Thor.  So between damning evidence and half health Thor, she generates red pretty quickly.  I found that I would fire her red way more frequently than her black, even when I felt like I was making a ton of black matches.  So I came around to having her at 5/3/5, and I haven't really looked back.
  • VizMantisVizMantis Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    I run her with Okoye, who makes the strongest color black.  So I usually have Jess at 3/5/5, because her black fills pretty quickly if I can match a trap or two.  Okoye’s black passive adds the bonus dmg to the traps and Jess’ black, so that’s cool.  Okoye is happy to use the red instead of Jess.
  • Rogue4LyfeRogue4Lyfe Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
    3/5/5
    Her Blue (Damning Evidence) is very nice.

Also, Defenestrate is a good word.
  • Arthurdillard22Arthurdillard22 Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    I have been using her with 4star r&g and 4star meh my fav team rn
  • hopper1979hopper1979 Posts: 557 Critical Contributor
    You mean she is casting it on the same spot, if that is the case no, that is not how it should work.  But how do you know she is casting it on the same spot more than once?
  • RickOShayRickOShay Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    OJSP said:
    I’ve just noticed the opponent’s JJ making a trap on the same black tile 3 turns in a row. Not that I’m complaining, but is that how it’s supposed to work?
    Are you just seeing the 'reveal' of one of 'your own' enemy traps?
  • JaedenkaalJaedenkaal Posts: 3,338 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP said:
    You mean she is casting it on the same spot, if that is the case no, that is not how it should work.  But how do you know she is casting it on the same spot more than once?
    RickOShay said:
    Are you just seeing the 'reveal' of one of 'your own' enemy traps?
    This was the first 3 turns. The trap was created on the same black tile 3 turns in a row, no other traps were made.
    Can't say I've ever seen that, although, I suppose it's possible. You can't see your opponent's trap tiles, so presumably you could overwrite one with an effect that creates a trap tile for your opponent.