Power Gem Season Updates (3/5/18)

Comments

• GritsNGravy
    GritsNGravy Posts: 114 Tile Toppler
    edited March 2018
    This is really disappointing.  I hope either something new and cool comes out soon or at least some info about cool and new stuff. 

Lack of info makes me wonder why I check the forums...
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    While I can understand there might be something new coming, it isn’t a shock since the biggest movie ever for MCU is in 7 weeks.  HOLY MOLY!!! 7 weeks to Infinity war!!!  I would fully expect a massive roll out like we never seen before tied to this.  So yes I get that this takes time, but how long does it take to really rebalance a character?  

Wow. PHX has the lowest match damage of all 5*. She powers look great but match damage sucks.  Maybe we should increase this?  

Hmm....Dr Strange is a marshmallow when it comes to all 5* for Health.  What if we would increase this.  At least it would give some type of counter to Gambit. 

Banner wow you have been a train wreak since we released you.  So many ways to fix this one and yes it would take time. 

So yes, there are easy ones you don’t have to change the world for. 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    To be fair even if there were plans to shut down the game soon I doubt D3 or anyone from Demi would announce it on here in advance of an official announcement by Disney. Not that Brigby or others would want to keep us in the dark but that the people that work for a developer tend to be some of the last to know themselves.
  • Doc L
    Doc L Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    shardwick said:
    To be fair even if there were plans to shut down the game soon I doubt D3 or anyone from Demi would announce it on here in advance of an official announcement by Disney. Not that Brigby or others would want to keep us in the dark but that the people that work for a developer tend to be some of the last to know themselves.
    To be honest, with The Avengers so close, no Marvel-related Company would stop in their right mind, the amount of money that will generate. Then Black Panther’s blu-ray comes out, then... I think it would be crazy to pull any game for the foreseeable future unless it was literally on fire.
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Brigby said:
    LifeofAgony said:

Hot topic issue like tapping that’s now been on the table for a year?  This is classic no information acknowledgment we come to expect.  “Yes we know you’re not happy.  Yes, we’re aware, no we have nothing report.  Move along”

-snip-
    "Tapping" also sits alongside Gambit (Classic) in the category of "Things the development team would like to work on addressing, were it not for this other thing currently being worked on." It is definitely something the team is looking into:

Update: 
    The team is working on scheduling trial runs for some changes to Story Events that intend to address the issue of "Tapping." Once we have more information on these trial runs, we'll be sure to communicate this to players.
    ---------

I’m all for new content, but I can put my vote in as someone who would rather time be spent addressing exists fires before rolling out another project.
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Brigby said:
    LifeofAgony said:

Hot topic issue like tapping that’s now been on the table for a year?  This is classic no information acknowledgment we come to expect.  “Yes we know you’re not happy.  Yes, we’re aware, no we have nothing report.  Move along”

-snip-
    "Tapping" also sits alongside Gambit (Classic) in the category of "Things the development team would like to work on addressing, were it not for this other thing currently being worked on." It is definitely something the team is looking into:

Update: 
    The team is working on scheduling trial runs for some changes to Story Events that intend to address the issue of "Tapping." Once we have more information on these trial runs, we'll be sure to communicate this to players.
    ---------

Probably too late to make the change, but could we get the number of clears for Max progression back down to 4 (or even less)? It always seemed weird to me that on one hand you would tell us that we needed to play the game more, but then turn around and say you didn't want people to play so much.  
  • sirwookieechris
    sirwookieechris Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Brigby said:
    LifeofAgony said:

-snip-

Update: 
    ---------

Probably too late to make the change, but could we get the number of clears for Max progression back down to 4 (or even less)? It always seemed weird to me that on one hand you would tell us that we needed to play the game more, but then turn around and say you didn't want people to play so much.  
    Not to be rude, but why? Is pve progression as is too time consuming for you? As is some of us are doing 7-8 clears daily to play for placement. They numbers were increased because they added more rewards to progression. It didn’t effect us playing for placement so I’m ignorant on how much it affects those only playing for max progression.

You are talking about the difference between 4 and 6 clears, right? How much time would this save you? Those last three clears are the hardest under current pve set-up. The initial three nodes were also made extremely easy compared to what they used to be. So how much extra time has really been adding compared to before?

What is a workable solution for you? Go back to old rewards? So that everyone loses out on rewards but progression players still get that feeling of completion? Keep current rewards but move everything up sooner? Besides the fact I don’t devs doing so, it upsets placement players. Being that guy at #11 who just misses the 4* reward put in an extra two days of work for nothing.

Once again, not trying to be rude. I think it’s a valid opinion but I don’t see how it can be improved. If anything progression needs more rewards, imo. I finish progression usually after a few matches after starting the last day.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not to be rude, but why? Is pve progression as is too time consuming for you? As is some of us are doing 7-8 clears daily to play for placement. They numbers were increased because they added more rewards to progression. It didn’t effect us playing for placement so I’m ignorant on how much it affects those only playing for max progression.

You are talking about the difference between 4 and 6 clears, right? How much time would this save you? Those last three clears are the hardest under current pve set-up. The initial three nodes were also made extremely easy compared to what they used to be. So how much extra time has really been adding compared to before?

What is a workable solution for you? Go back to old rewards? So that everyone loses out on rewards but progression players still get that feeling of completion? Keep current rewards but move everything up sooner? Besides the fact I don’t devs doing so, it upsets placement players. Being that guy at #11 who just misses the 4* reward put in an extra two days of work for nothing.

Once again, not trying to be rude. I think it’s a valid opinion but I don’t see how it can be improved. If anything progression needs more rewards, imo. I finish progression usually after a few matches after starting the last day.
    The improvement in rewards was really minimal when they moved to 5 clears and they also backloaded a lot of the rewards.

Give me back 4 clears anytime.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    LifeofAgony said:

-snip-

Update: 
    ---------

I think they screwed up in the implementation of adding better rewards. Instead of moving to five clears needed for max progression they should have kept it at 4 clears for the old cp prize and added more rewards for those of us that like doing more. More cp, covers, hp, iso, event tokens.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    dave7099 said:
    Seriously, 50% of the 4*s are useless even boosted....
    That's only true if you're comparing them to levelled 5* characters. Most of them are useful boosted. 
  • TheDobot
    TheDobot Posts: 61 Match Maker
    The positive side of this is if they haven't been working on chr rebalances for a couple months maybe their time has been spent on something big like a PVP fix that works for everyone or something of that sort.

• sirwookieechris
    sirwookieechris Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    shardwick said:
    Brigby said:
    LifeofAgony said:

-snip-

Update: 
    ---------

I think they screwed up in the implementation of adding better rewards. Instead of moving to five clears needed for max progression they should have kept it at 4 clears for the old cp prize and added more rewards for those of us that like doing more. More cp, covers, hp, iso, event tokens.
    I can see that as a fix, but it creates a problem: do you add a second good “cap” at the end of the expanded progression like an extra cover or extra cp? Because then people will still be upset that they are being “forced” to play more. If you make the extra rewards lackluster like 100 iso it de-incentivizes you from chasing the stick.
  • Jonny1Punch
    Jonny1Punch Posts: 434 Mover and Shaker
    Until gambit is fixed and rebalanced along with many other 5* we are all praying become relevant again.... Can we address match damage in the 5* tier? The data shown earlier somewhere in the forum recently was staggering. Let’s see match dmg relatively even and consistent based on leveling, not age of the character. New and exciting powers are fine , but older 5s and esp phx match dmg being brought up to speed would be a good start before rolling out 5* Buffs and a big gambit fix. Just my two cents but disparity in match damage is silly.

older veterans and older whales with very high level but now weak and pathetic older 5s deserve to have a fair shot at competing against the new blood. Completely devaluing ppls rosters who have been playing for along time or spent a fair share of money over several years all to push out gambit on digital Day was pretty classless. Let’s see some balance and healthy upkeep across the board not just the shiny new moneymaker. Classics should be awesome still not a bargain bin of vintage  junk 
  • Hoser
    Hoser Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    edited March 2018
    Wasnt Gambit already nerfed?!  Why do people keep saying “ Its too hard to beat Gambit! change it “. More importantly, why does D3 ALWAYS cater to these people?!  What about those of us that have been playing the game since it came out and ACTUALLY played and worked to build up our rosters?!  Those of us that have built up our rosters shouldnt be penalized EVERYTIME someone says that they cant beat a certain character. Stop discouraging the players that have supported you since inception!

//Removed Insults -Brigby
  • Doc L
    Doc L Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2018
    Hoser said:
    Wasnt Gambit already nerfed?!  Why do people keep saying “ Its too hard to beat Gambit! change it “. More importantly, why does D3 ALWAYS cater to these people?!  What about those of us that have been playing the game since it came out and ACTUALLY played and worked to build up our rosters?!  Those of us that have built up our rosters shouldnt be penalized EVERYTIME someone says that they cant beat a certain character. Stop discouraging the players that have supported you since inception!

I don't mind the criticism, but - I have also been playing since the day the game came out, and have multiple 5* maxed. However, thanks to the nature of the Latest Tokens, my Gambit only has 11/13, and other 5* have a lot more. I too have worked to build up my roster, but the random nature of 5* acquirement has meant I am behind the curve. Maybe I am in the minority, being such a long-time player but being without Gambit.

In any event, as the Developers have stated, they are looking to do something about Gambit, given his prevalence in almost all 5* PvP matches it seems, and the fact the main counter to him *is* to use Gambit yourself.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    shardwick said:
    Players can usually see the writing on the wall. Decreased frequency of updates and/or fewer content in the updates (less development time / resources); increased monetization practices in the game (trying to squeeze final purchases out of players); possibly increased advertisements for other games by the developer (steering you to more active / profitable games); significantly altered game mechanics / heavy character modifications to try & push major rebuild decisions to stay at the top of the curve (a big stick; this would be one of the last things you'd see).

I don't think any of these things are true in MPQ, at least not presently. Go look at Future Fight ( :( ) and the writing on the wall has been flashing neon for months now.
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Brigby said:
    LifeofAgony said:

-snip-

Update: 
    ---------

Not rude at all, great questions.  I wasn't even asking for myself, anyway.  I play for green checks at my leisure throughout the day,  sometimes doing a 7th clear if bored, and am happy with my easy top 50 in cl9.  You just assumed i wanted them to reduce the rewards as well, which had not even crossed my mind.

Selfishly, I'll admit, i assume that if people only had to do 4 clears, they may be less like to push forward to that 6th clear, and make my competition a little easier.  But, i also believe that easier rewards for less work will help the burn out that is ever present from vets across the whole spectrum. 

Also, as has been pointed out by a couple others, when they increased the "rewards" they also increased the play time.  It was, and still is, a bad decision imo.  

Basically, after 1534 days of play, i have seen this game evolve several times.  And typically, when they try to improve or "fix "something, it is unfortunately usually with one step forward and two steps back.  
  • Blergh
    Blergh Posts: 159 Tile Toppler
    Doc L said:
    Hoser said:
    Wasnt Gambit already nerfed?!  Why do people keep saying “ Its too hard to beat Gambit! change it “. More importantly, why does D3 ALWAYS cater to these people?!  What about those of us that have been playing the game since it came out and ACTUALLY played and worked to build up our rosters?!  Those of us that have built up our rosters shouldnt be penalized EVERYTIME someone says that they cant beat a certain character. Stop discouraging the players that have supported you since inception!

I don't mind the criticism, but - I have also been playing since the day the game came out, and have multiple 5* maxed. However, thanks to the nature of the Latest Tokens, my Gambit only has 11/13, and other 5* have a lot more. I too have worked to build up my roster, but the random nature of 5* acquirement has meant I am behind the curve. Maybe I am in the minority, being such a long-time player but being without Gambit.

In any event, as the Developers have stated, they are looking to do something about Gambit, given his prevalence in almost all 5* PvP matches it seems, and the fact the main counter to him *is* to use Gambit yourself.
    What I love is most of the people who have said about Gambit being over-powered in this thread has a more developed 5* rosters than Hoser. Some of them even have champed gambit's....? *Shrugs*