Updates to Fight for Wakanda (2/21/18)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

We've added a few updates to the Fight for Wakanda event tomorrow:
  • The event is now 4 days long. A new Sub-Chapter has been added, as well as new dialogue.
  • Join Forces missions that unlock new Sub-Chapters will now disappear after their Sub-Chapter concludes
  • Hazard tiles have been updated:
    • Exploding Tech
      • Deals damage only to the character in front, for both the player and the enemy, instead of the entire team. 
      • Damage has also been reduced.
    • Vibranium Mines
      • Destroys 2 Random AP from both the player and the enemy, when the Countdown tile activates. 
      • It no longer destroys AP each turn.

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,245 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    Text fixed!  Thanks. Nothing to see here.
  • AlwaysWrong
    AlwaysWrong Posts: 67 Match Maker
    Thank you. 
  • Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    wonderful updates to that event that makes this bearable. the new subevent is it gonna include all 3 tiles at once or only one and if so which?
  • Jwallyr
    Jwallyr Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Ultron mooks are still grossly OP. No activated abilities to play around, no reliance on AP that can be denied/drained/stolen, and they get to match all day to feed later waves or their allies with activated abilities. There’s just no actual strategy that can be used except match special tiles if/when you can, while they drop freebies all day.

Super obnoxious, and these minor changes to the hazard tiles don’t go nearly far enough to make this a decent event.
  • marshall
    marshall Posts: 179 Tile Toppler
    The fact that they don't have abilities lets you take your time finish them off so you can stockpile AP to destroy the next wave in one round. They are a bit annoying, but not a lot of risk to fight.
  • DAC169
    DAC169 Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Vibranium Mines - Both good changes. Those tiles weren't "neutral" but pure enemy tiles that made gameplay a nightmarish slog. Seriously, my initial clears took 6-7 hours last time on that sub because they kept driving me away from the game.

Exploding Tech - aww... I liked using Quake to make those tiles do nothing to me while they decimated the enemy team.
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Very cool , !
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,517 Chairperson of the Boards
    Great changes. Very happy. 
  • marshall
    marshall Posts: 179 Tile Toppler
    Jwallyr said:
    Ultron mooks are still grossly OP. No activated abilities to play around, no reliance on AP that can be denied/drained/stolen, and they get to match all day to feed later waves or their allies with activated abilities. There’s just no actual strategy that can be used except match special tiles if/when you can, while they drop freebies all day.

Super obnoxious, and these minor changes to the hazard tiles don’t go nearly far enough to make this a decent event.
    Only the green ones are actually annoying. They are the ones who destroy tiles. Maybe I’m in the minority that found Wakanda fun and am looking forward to these small changes.

I loved the event, most of the frustration with the first round will be gone now. I also love that this event has a particular flavour and unique challenges.

Hopefully we can add this kind of variety to past events like The Hunt, Thick as Thieves, Hulk that are full of boring Dark Avenger fights.

• shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Soooo happy to see the gameplay updates. Maybe I will actually be able to get out alive with most of my health packs and ap this time.
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    Thanks for the changes! They'll definitely make the event more bearable!
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Thank you for listening to the feedback from the first run of the event and working to improve it!
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    Many thanks for listening to the feedback.  Greatly appreciated!
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2018
    Good changes, but still fighting the Dark Avengers makes this not a new event. Already bored of it.  
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Good changes, but still fighting the Dark Avengers makes this not a new event. Already bored of it.  

You haven't seen what enemies are in the new sub. It could be Mindless ones...
  • Nick441234
    Quebbster said:

It'll be Dark Avengers. Its just an old event in a new cover. 
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Great updates to the hazard tiles. Collapsing Mine was outrageously nasty in its previous form - draining AP each turn, it may as well have been a repeater, as there was no other effect that fired when the CD expired. Draining AP from the enemy team and only doing so on CD expiry makes them not only fairer, but more manageable.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:

My post was perhaps not entirely serious. We'll see though.
  • Nick441234
    Quebbster said:
    Quebbster said:

My post was perhaps not entirely serious. We'll see though.
    Expect the worst, then anything better than that is a bonus.