**** Iron Fist (Danny Rand) ****

Options
124»

Comments

• Cactus_Jack_87
    Cactus_Jack_87 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I prefer him at 5/3/5, but that's mainly because I've only used him with 4* Cage, and Cage's yellow is just awesome. They do need someone like 4* Blade to round out the team, so obviously this will mainly be a PvE or Simulator team.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    granne said:
    At the risk of getting a warning for, I don't know, lowering the tone or something, can we maybe not call him Bum Fist?

Let's just say that in the UK, that has a really, really, different meaning.

Anyway. I still haven't used him in anger. I took him up to level 180 today, though so I may get around to it while Cage is boosted.

Someone suggested "Hobo Fist," but the B key is awfully close to the M key and then you have the same problem again.

He plays like a lower (for 4*) damage version of 2*/3* Thor without the extra health and cascade potential. His powers theoretically build up to the next one, but since he needs either 18 AP or someone else to make tiles to start off his AP generation, he is way too slow.
    Oddly, these past few posts are the first time I've seen him labled Bum Fist. Usually it's Hobofist (has a better ring to it). I think I may have seen Iron Bum maybe?

Punisher seems like not the greatest partner due to complete overlap on colors. Nova makes the most sense, strike tiles-wise, but that makes C4ge a poor choice with even more overlap. X-23 is even slower at making strikes. Professor X may not be optimal, but he completes the rainbow, doesn't fight over colors, and with yellow at rank 5, adds the three tiles each time partners fire powers, including strike tiles to accelerate Hobo starting to fortify them. I'll have to give it a try if I can get Hobo Champed next week.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If you're looking for a purple user to go along with Fist and Cage, Coulson is my go to character.
    His charge-swap quickly fuels all AP - including the expensive Cage red and Fist black.
    With Fists blue and green being inexpensive, and Cage's yellow, these powers can fire off quickly. And each time you do, Coulson places the CD that does extra damage and earns 2 random AP back each time. Just time your powers so that you have enough specials on the board for each power to fire at maximum.

As stated, Prof-X is a good partner as well but much more squishy in case you can't get invisible fast enough.

Also, Medusa would be my 2nd choice to Coulson. It's easy to have attack tiles early on for Cage to fortify along with his protects. And very importantly, if the enemy places specials, Medusa will gain you Blue and Green AP for Fist to use repeatedly (and purple for herself). She will not help get Cage's red power built up as fast as Coulson though.

Also, as others have stated, Cloak & Dagger becomes an obvious partner choice as well for Cage and Fist. The cheap purple builds lots of yellow or black (along with the good passives). Can't wait to get more covers for C&D (3/2/2).

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,018 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    With C4ge I'm gonna run Bumfist at 5/4/4 or 5/5/3 when I get the chance. I'll run them with Elektra and feed her black so it becomes a chore to deal damage to me before I think about flipping protect tiles to strikes. With Medusa, 5/4/4 and C&D, 5/3/5.

ive got him at 5/2/2 right now. 
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What' the consensus on this guy? I'm thinking 5/3/5 but its all theoretical. Those strike tiles are ruthless and the Black is nasty. Green doesn't do enough to sway me.
  • Anon
    edited December 2017
    Options

mexus said:
    Anon said:
    What' the consensus on this guy? I'm thinking 5/3/5 but its all theoretical. Those strike tiles are ruthless and the Black is nasty. Green doesn't do enough to sway me.
    Personally I don't think the strike tiles are ruthless and I've gone 3-5-5 since I first champed him. Green makes good damage and making the combo green skill > gain black AP  > black skill for a good 20K damage is always fun.

At 5 blue covers he'll provide 400 something damage strike tiles every now and then; definitely not gamechanging numbers.
    A 320 strike tile is no joke. Especially for 6 ap. Like I said, it's all theory for me, but I'm hard pressed to find a reason to put 5 in Green as opposed to Blue. Black is a no brainer at 5 though.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    3/5/5 is the build that makes him the most self-sufficient. 3 to 5 in green more than doubles the damage and the AP generation (2 to 4 black AP). If you look at his blue, even at 3 covers you still generate 3 green AP but the strike tile is at half, honestly its not a huge deal.

5 in blue is mostly beneficial for C4ge with the easy fortification or if you bring a strike tile generator and you want to fortify them faster.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I do 5/5/3 with Vulture (and would say probably 3/5/5 without though I haven’t played him w/o Vulture in Forever. 
  • Rick_OShay
    Options
    Have to agree on the most-often build being 3/5/5. Compare his strike tile to other strike tile producers and it's pretty low by comparison for 6 AP (the designed strength is intended to be balanced by the potential green AP gen).

I've used IF with Vulture at 5/5/3 to with very good effect as well. But, after a few runs I realized that Vulture's blue just does so much more damage in one turn that even two casts of IF blue can do over several turns with those strikes.

By the way, if you are running IF with C4ge, sometimes the best play-through is by starting with green.
    Then cast IF black once you have 2-3 protect tiles on the board, so that he changes them to strikes upon the hit. This way you will have strikes on the board for IF blue to instantly fortify and build up more green very quickly to start again. Making 3/5/5 the most efficient for damage per turn.
    *Bringing along a strike tile producer or TU allows you to efficiently start with IF blue as opposed to green.
  • DieMyDarling
    DieMyDarling Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I would think the reason to prioritize using 5 blue covers would be that he is much more self-sufficient and faster to start his AP generation engine, strength of the tiles be damned. I don't quite have 13 covers with him yet (been playing him with 5/5/2 for a while now) and he just rockets up to speed with no help so much easier with the lessened required strike tiles, so you don't really need a strike tile generator at all to get him going.
  • Rick_OShay
    Options
    It is true what you have stated, but, to cast IF's blue a 2nd time means that you would have to acquire a total of 12 blue AP. You don't generate green unless you have at least 1 strike on the board first (after the 1st cast).
    I think most people's argument about not setting his blue to 5 covers is due to 12 AP being generally expensive. His black takes 12 AP, but can be fed by his green power. His blue has no way to be sped-up, and a blue-dry board means trouble.
    Good luck on getting that final black cover! He's fun to play.

• Anon
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Champed Hobofist in time for the Galactus event and he was on my A team for fighting him. Champed and boosted Hobo with Vulture and C&D was flat out murdering Galactus easy.
  • JarvisJackrabbit
    JarvisJackrabbit Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I've been using him constantly at 5/5/3 during the past couple events with Vulture and C&D because those three have been reliably faster than any team of buffed characters on my roster. Vulture starts the AP generation in a hurry with C&D spitting out black tiles to get the ball rolling, so firing Fist's blue twice doesn't ever take very long. Then his blue feeds green which feeds Vulture's black and they keep on firing multiple powers each turn.
    It's nice than Danny's black ability (even at three covers) provides an offensive outlet for excess black AP because Vulture can't possibly use all of it.
    Aside from black generation, C&D are great to have around because they'll passively put red attack tiles on the board to double dip the fortified strikes. Their yellow is good for removal of enemy special tiles, so it's up to you to set Vulture's green or blue at five covers for either AOE damage or countdown removal.
    Really fun team.
  • macgawel
    macgawel Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Options

I've used IF with Vulture at 5/5/3 to with very good effect as well. But, after a few runs I realized that Vulture's blue just does so much more damage in one turn that even two casts of IF blue can do over several turns with those strikes.
    Yes, but IF's blue gives green. And IF green gives black (to feed Vulture's), or you can use Vulture's green for a massive AOE...

The only drawback is the need of 12 blue to get two attack tiles. But if you use a tile generator as a third, you just have to get 6 black to start your combo.
    I've got a 0/0/1 OML, and it's really aggressive team : with only 6 black you launch a green power every other turn...