Do not allow Ob Nixilis pure removal decks on PvP nodes with the "burst" objective.

Drawxne
Drawxne Posts: 11 Just Dropped In

Title. Better yet, just fix the matchmaking on PvP nodes in general. If the game decides to match you up against a deck that makes it impossible to complete the objectives, or just counters your color-restricted deck completely, the developers might as well just be sending you a personal, "Hey, guess what? You won't be getting top rank thanks to luck that is completely out of your control! **** you! :D"

Seriously. It's stupid.

Comments

• wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    There's no way they can police what decks people place onto their nodes.

That being said, they could always just not have a black node when they put the burst objective into an event. It won't make it always possible to obtain this as red and blue can easily destroy creatures, but it could be a step in the right direction.

Also don't place contrary objectives together. Don't do burst on one node and destroyer/resilient on another.
  • Drawxne
    Drawxne Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    edited January 2018
    Just happened again on the Nodes of Power. Faced two removal-heavy black decks on the GREEN node. You know, the color that pretty much NEEDS CREATURES TO WIN! Get your **** together, D3! Seriously, how hard can it be to code in that you only face decks that are on that same node to make it at least remotely fair?
  • hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    could try revolving scroungers using gather the pack
    and scrapheap scrounger.

HH
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    For a long time I was very confused about what people are asking for, wondered if everyone but me only ever saw white decks on the white node and mine was broken when I faced other decks.... Many of the complaints seem like other people have this misconception too.

Wereotter has the right of it though, this is an "event design problem" and needs forethought like:
    "Also don't place contrary objectives together. Don't do burst on one node and destroyer/resilient on another."

It won't stop it, but it'll cut it down.
    Some objectives can probably be reworded to fix them though. Like
    "Kill at least 2 of the creatures the opponent casts if they do so."

• Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    But... Honestly... I'd prefer PVP objectives like in Avacyn's Madness where you _can't_ meet both. Ever. Get rid of this silly expectation people have that they feel personally offended, just get rid of the stupid entitled situation in the first place and MAKE people lose points over and over and over until they get used to it.
  • IM_CARLOS
    IM_CARLOS Posts: 640 Critical Contributor
    Or simply implement cards like donate. 
  • wereotter
    Kinesia said:
    But... Honestly... I'd prefer PVP objectives like in Avacyn's Madness where you _can't_ meet both. Ever. Get rid of this silly expectation people have that they feel personally offended, just get rid of the stupid entitled situation in the first place and MAKE people lose points over and over and over until they get used to it.
    The problem with missing even a small number of points (at least in platinum) is that it pushes you from finishing first to barely being in the top 200. For example, I've missed only 9 points in the current PvP event, all from missing the odd point here or there in matches, and that's pushed me down to rank number 161.

I have no issue with the idea of losing points, as it would make the game more enjoyable if it weren't so tight on the scoring, as long as the rewards were adjusted somehow to accommodate. Perhaps a general progression reward, and then a final progression reward that says something like "You scored 295/300 points, that would mark you as finishing for the #5 score" rather than being ranked off each other and being punished severely for missing only a small number of points.

Additionally when it comes to the poor objective design, this current Hour of Devestation has the bad mechanic of "take 10 or less damage" which is immediately lost as soon as your opponent casts the spell "Hour of Devestation" There are literally only two cards in the game that can save you from that: Insidious Will perfectly timed, and Djeru with Eyes Open. This is poor design.
  • DBJones
    DBJones Posts: 803 Critical Contributor
    There's also Pact of Negation, but I agree that it's stupid.
  • Szamsziel
    Szamsziel Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    You were playing against Ob. Ob has no support removal. Your cardpool is your sideboard - use it. Use hexproof against targeted removal. Use token generators, use support damaging when you cast spell. So many options around. (we are discussing pure green because on dual you have so many options) 
  • Szamsziel
    edited January 2018
    Hint: Gideon intervention actually protect you from hour. But I've also faced huf/hour heavy deck on red hor node . Managed to survive loosing points. Happens.  On paper you also can lost by random things. 
  • wereotter
    Szamsziel said:
    Hint: Gideon intervention actually protect you from hour. But I've also faced huf/hour heavy deck on red hor node . Managed to survive loosing points. Happens.  On paper you also can lost by random things. 
    I don't think it does since Gideon's Intervention only has 2 shields, gives prevent damage to all your creatures, and then loses a shield whenever it prevents damage to you or your creatures. I've not ever had it in play at the same time as Hour of Devestation was cast, but I would assume, since the spell hits your creatures first, it would save two creatures, and then you would still take 12 damage.
  • Szamsziel
    edited January 2018
    It works because second part - whenever it protect loose shield, has not been met. It didn't protect your creatures - it can protect you.