Heart of Darkness/Tapping PVE: The Hunt for Kraven

Options

Comments

• Avalanche Kincaid
    Avalanche Kincaid Posts: 83 Match Maker
    Options
    I got a smelly suspicion that D3 is loving the tap fest.  More tapping means more people are spending more time on the game more.  Boosted strange and half-health thor (maybe HHT or for short?  get tired of writing of writing that) make the tap tap game so easy.  Add America and it goes a little something like this: match, boom boom, sizzle, green dead, repeat.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    OJSP said:
    :lol: 1300 pts extra gained due to tapping :lol: (just in case it needed clarifying.. it’s not me)
    That's nothing. I saw a player that messed up his initial clear and decided to tap for 2 days. He ended 3000 points over optimal. Let that sink in.

1000 taps in 48h (or 36 with 2x 6h of sleep) + the taps for making up regeneration + the taps if the node he overcleared was not the same as the one he's tapping. 
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 974 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Or a player with 19 champed 5* doing SCL7. Let that sink in.
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It’s a crazy world out there.  Just wait till the 1st sub ends for this event.  A triple goon node worth 3 points with boosted DS.  Tappers delight.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    @Rhycar "Tapping" is something I've brought up to the developers before, and they've been evaluating how to address it. While I don't have any updates at the moment, rest assured that they are aware of this issue, and are working towards potentially adjusting Story mode's design in the future.
    @Brigby this is great news!!!!  
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    @Rhycar "Tapping" is something I've brought up to the developers before, and they've been evaluating how to address it. While I don't have any updates at the moment, rest assured that they are aware of this issue, and are working towards potentially adjusting Story mode's design in the future.
    @Brigby this is great news!!!!  
    I would have more faith if we hadn't been getting that promise for months now. Potentially.. evaluating... more like placating.
  • LifeofAgony
    Options
    It’s akin to the “devs aware” tag you see in the open bug list.  
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mexus said:
    We non-tappers should have compensation for the loss of rank and rewards snatched by tappers / cheaters for at least one year worth of Story events.

I'd also like to retroactively receive the rewards taken by softcappers over the people who leveled their rosters, as the devs intended.
  • huktonfonix
    huktonfonix Posts: 214 Tile Toppler
    Options
    STOPTHIS said:
    spectator said:
    We need a tapping sub forum
    I'd settle for a tapping general thread. We don't need a new thread for the exact same thing every few days.
    @STOPTHIS that is a fair point.  Give me a suggestion one this. How can I update it for each event so it doesn't get lost. That's my fear. 
    Doesn't the time to maintain these threads take away from precious tapping time?  In the time you made this post alone you probably missed 15 points at least.
  • The rockett
    edited January 2018
    Options
    STOPTHIS said:
    spectator said:
    We need a tapping sub forum
    I'd settle for a tapping general thread. We don't need a new thread for the exact same thing every few days.
    @STOPTHIS that is a fair point.  Give me a suggestion one this. How can I update it for each event so it doesn't get lost. That's my fear. 
    Doesn't the time to maintain these threads take away from precious tapping time?  In the time you made this post alone you probably missed 15 points at least.
    @huktonfonix    Tap on IPad and post on laptop!  Got it covered.  
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    Options
    While I appreciate the legwork @Brigby has done with raising the issue and also letting us know he's had that conversation, I'm not to encouraged by this response, though I do appreciate the update. 

For starters, this issue has been ongoing for months, and had only gotten worse with the addition of 5* essential nodes and CL9 with LTs for top placement. I would think if it were a priority, changes would have happened by now. There have been plenty of solutions offered on this forum, some better or more practical than others. With no communication or test changes, this issue seems an afterthought, though to be fair, we're only seeing one part of a larger picture. 

Then, add in all the qualifiers in Brigby's update. ("evaluating how to address it" not necessarily "working to fix this"; "aware of this issue" again, having knowledge or being aware of an issue doesn't necessarily mean working on a solution; and "working towards potentially adjusting Story mode's design in the future" can mean many things, even nothing at all, thanks to "potentially".)

I imagine this is worded very specifically for a reason, so again, while I appreciate the fact the issue has been raised and we're getting updates, I'm definitely managing expectations. Hoping for the best, expecting much less.

Bowgentle said:
    mexus said:
    We non-tappers should have compensation for the loss of rank and rewards snatched by tappers / cheaters for at least one year worth of Story events.

I'd also like to retroactively receive the rewards taken by softcappers over the people who leveled their rosters, as the devs intended.
    If they want fewer soft cappers, or people to level and champ the characters on their rosters, they need to either increase ISO flow or reduce the ISO costs to level/champ, specifically the 4* tier.

I have probably 10 characters in that tier fully covered sitting at various levels because I have no ISO to champ them. I want to, I just can't get ISO fast enough. I don't play LRs, so admittedly that's one avenue where I could get more, but I already play the game too much as it is. I mean, my overall ISO-to-max debt is well into the millions.

Although it's pretty obvious SHIELD Training is meant to get people to level their rosters to at least 209.
  • madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2018
    Options
    They are actually enabling the tappers even more since the decision to reduce the points 5* essential rewards in CL7. Only a handful of points for optimal clear, yet if you tap (which is easy at that scaling) you still get 4 points per node per tap. Good job.

EDIT- @The rockett where's the thread for HAT?
  • The rockett
    Options
    Sorry. Been a bit tied up.  Will get the next one up. 
  • The rockett
    Options
    Brigby said:
    @Brigby just wanted to follow up on this. I know you said they were working on this but is there any type of time line to this?  Are we talking weeks, months, years for this to be adjusted?  
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    @Brigby just wanted to follow up on this. I know you said they were working on this but is there any type of time line to this?  Are we talking weeks, months, years for this to be adjusted?  

Try decades, or generations.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Unless the fix actually fixes the problems with time slices and having to speed play every aspect of the game then you guys have your priorities so backwards....   This is such a niche concern it's not funny.  People have complained about having to play around the games time and speed play concerns since before I started 2 years ago...
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Rhycar "Tapping" is something I've brought up to the developers before, and they've been evaluating how to address it. While I don't have any updates at the moment, rest assured that they are aware of this issue, and are working towards potentially adjusting Story mode's design in the future.
    Brigby just wanted to follow up on this. I know you said they were working on this but is there any type of time line to this?  Are we talking weeks, months, years for this to be adjusted?  
    Apologies, but I'm afraid that I don't have any details available, regarding a time line for addressing "Tapping"
  • LifeofAgony
    Options
    Why would the community manager have a timeline or any information regarding an issue he spoke about a year ago?  That is clearly expecting/asking too much.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Why would the community manager have a timeline or any information regarding an issue he spoke about a year ago?  That is clearly expecting/asking too much.
     To be fair, I doubt it's Brigby's responsibility to set the directives in issues the devs will and will not address. For whatever reason, they've seemingly decided it's not a priority to redesign the way points are earned to put an end to tapping. Or maybe they're working on it right now. Who knows? The point is, the ball is in their court and it's up to them to implement a change. As cool as he is, I'm sure there's precious little Brigby can do to change that.