Heart of Darkness/Tapping PVE: The Hunt for Kraven

The rockett
The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
edited January 2018 in MPQ General Discussion

Hello again fellow tappers and people that want to know how to tap.  Here we are again on a new release but this happens to have one of the hardest subs (Spirits of Vengeance) with the hardest 5* E node (Black Bolt, Medusa and Lockjaw).  Now I know some people hate that I am doing this but I am truly here just to help those that want it.  Feedback is always welcomed.

The event we have 5* Strange as the E and to be honest some weaker boosted 4* besides Riri, She can pack a punch. 

Sub 1: Unholy Alliance

Tapping Target:  4*E

Characters:  Goon, Goon, Goon

Point Total of Tapping:  3

Plan of Attack:  Hit the goons, very straight forward

Your Team:  Almost any fast team.  I love 50% health Thor with Dr S for this.  You can also use Rocket and Groot with Dr S even though RG is not boosted. 

Sub 2: Dark Design

Tapping Target:  4*E

Characters:  Goon, Goon, Goon

Point Total of Tapping:  3

Plan of Attack:  Hit the goons, very straight forward

Your Team:  Almost any fast team.  I love 50% health Thor with Dr S for this.  You can also use Rocket and Groot with Dr S even though RG is not boosted

Sub 3: Spirits of Vengeance

Tapping Target:  The Hands True Power

Characters:  Goon, Goon, Goon

Point Total of Tapping:  2

Plan of Attack:  Hit the Goons.  Very straight forward.

Your Team:  Almost any fast team.  I love 50% health Thor with Dr S for this.  You can also use Rocket and Groot with Dr S even though RG is not boosted   

Pleaae add your feedback and comments to help out. 

Comments

• The rockett
    Here you go @Dogface. I hope this helps. 
  • Wjohnson992
    Wjohnson992 Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    @The rockett which is the 48hr sub?
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    Are we tracking who is going to the Tap-Offs? There should be a Tapion (Tap Champion) and each month they need to defend their Tap Title!
  • The rockett
    This is a 48/24/24 event.  So sub 1 @Wjohnson992
  • Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    How would you handle that last inhumans node? My strange is 2/1/1 so it's already gonna be difficult for me
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    How would you handle that last inhumans node? My strange is 2/1/1 so it's already gonna be difficult for me
    Whales.
    Unless your Xfool is gigantic, then DD Xfool might work.
    But probably stick with whales.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    Is there a compendium with all nodes in detail for events? I can never remember what the nodes look like.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    These threads are much appreciated. I like reminders on sub schedule and a bit of a preview on which nodes to be wary of. I like the posts from more expert PVE playing forumites that spell out the best teams used to tackle these troublesome nodes. I'm not a tapper, nor a top 10 player but if I find myself finishing my final grind early, I will hit extra nodes now and then. Thanks again
  • The rockett
    The BB Medus and Lockjaw node will be terrible.   Dr S doesn't help at all with this since they are all passives.  XFDP will help for this, but it will not be easy. Gambit will help as well since he is, well Gambit.  
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    This PvE, I've really liked 4grocket and Nico Minoru bc they are boosted. I planned on using them with champed 5Strange. I hope they can tackle the Inhuman node.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    This PvE, I've really liked 4grocket and Nico Minoru bc they are boosted. I planned on using them with champed 5Strange. I hope they can tackle the Inhuman node.
    Medusa will use your strikes to heal.
    Probably not a good tactic to bring special tiles.
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    That inhumans node is going to be tough for just about anybody.  I'm not sure what I'll use myself, but the last two runs I used Hawkeye Coulson.  The duo works well enough but can take several retreats.  If Bolt charges my strongest color on turn 1 and it's unmatchable, I immediately gtfo and start over.  
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Bowgentle said:
    Medusa will use your strikes to heal.
    Probably not a good tactic to bring special tiles.
    Medusa heals from her own team's special tiles. She generates AP from the opponent's tiles (unless she steals them). Still not a good idea, because the AP she generates is in colors that her team will have active abilities in.

If you can take her out quickly, the Grocket strike tiles may be helpful.You can try using the boosted Wasp to make them hit harder.
    On the other hand, Riri and Gwenpool are boosted this week. They both have some heavy hitting powers and Gwen pool can eliminate their special tiles so Medusa can't heal with them.
  • spectator
    spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
    We need a tapping sub forum
  • The rockett
    spectator said:
    YES!!!!!!!!
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    spectator said:
    I'd settle for a tapping general thread. We don't need a new thread for the exact same thing every few days.
  • Rhycar
    Rhycar Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Hey @Brigby, this thread is a great example of how you guys think Story mode should be played, right? Because i don't think an event is CL 7, 8 or 9 has been won without excessive tapping in more than a month. Great game design, y'all.
  • The rockett
    STOPTHIS said:
    spectator said:
    I'd settle for a tapping general thread. We don't need a new thread for the exact same thing every few days.
    @STOPTHIS that is a fair point.  Give me a suggestion one this. How can I update it for each event so it doesn't get lost. That's my fear. 
  • Saydie
    Saydie Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    I mentioned in the Latest Fun Team thread, but Bl4de, Strange and [insert most useful third] is nice...first two give full coverage, and Blade's bloodlust can be helped to trigger with Riri helping gather red, or his strikes can be helped by the also boosted Wasp, and all that damage gets added on every time Strange's Flames hit which is also nice.  I'm sure there are faster teams but...I've been enjoying fiddling with those first two and then most appropriate third /shrug