MPQ Sneak Peek: January 2018 Edition *Updated (1/24/18)

Comments

• rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Does anyone remember which sub is 48 hours in the 4 Day Honor Among Thieves?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    rixmith said:
    Should be sub 1.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:
    So anyone care to chime in as to why AA is being featured again before gambit?  Cuz you know, it went gambit, AA, Strange, Phx, Thor and then...   AA?

Darts.

But I'm sure someone will come up with convoluted "reasons" again.
    I just posted about this in gen-discussion; before having read this thread.

I'm scratching my head right there with you; assuming you haven't rostered him either??

My Archangel had two covers when he was first essential, he's at seven covers now, so I'm good, personally.
    Still funny to see people trying to spin this as a move by Demiurge to "help players in the next new character release", as if Demi did give a wet kitten about anyone having an easier time in a new character release.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    rixmith said:
    Should be sub 1.

It is indeed sub 1. Or at least it has been in previous fourday runs. Seems to be the new way.

Looking forward to boosted Rogue, though I note there is a distinct lack of color overlap in the boosted fourstars. Everyone is strong in yellow, no one is strong in black...

• Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Bowgentle said:
    Bowgentle said:
    So anyone care to chime in as to why AA is being featured again before gambit?  Cuz you know, it went gambit, AA, Strange, Phx, Thor and then...   AA?

Darts.

But I'm sure someone will come up with convoluted "reasons" again.
    I just posted about this in gen-discussion; before having read this thread.

I'm scratching my head right there with you; assuming you haven't rostered him either??

My Archangel had two covers when he was first essential, he's at seven covers now, so I'm good, personally.
    Still funny to see people trying to spin this as a move by Demiurge to "help players in the next new character release", as if Demi did give a wet kitten about anyone having an easier time in a new character release.
    Lol, when i bash d3 for having no logic in their decision, im criticized. When i say they could have helpen us by using illogical order, its no good either...

please get together, have a meeting and decide what y’all want.. ghehe ;-)
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Honor Among Thieves is the second hardest PvE for me, after Simulator PvE. It's sad doing 1 damage from match damage and getting hit with increasing stronger attack/strike tiles. Also, I'm eating damage regardless of who matches the enemy special tiles. It's like facing 3* IronFist, 3* Luke Cage and a tweaked Medusa. All those Symbiotes and Mindless Ones... I think this is the only PvE (as of now) that I wish I got Dr. Strange. 
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Ugh. Hated last couple Simulator runs. I usually play at level 8 or 9, but think I'll drop to 7 for the first time since leaving it.
  • HoundofShadow
    edited January 2018
    It's going to be another year or so before I can reach SCL 8/9. Currently, I'm floating between SCL 4 and 5. But for simulator PvE, I think i will go for SCL 4 since my strongest characters are 2 3* at level 16X. I think i got wiped by 3* Gambit during the last simulator due to his black ability. Since it was mentioned that the characters change for every simulator PvE, I wonder if the latest 3* and 4* characters will be in it.

Does SCL 8/9 PvE still give standard token?
  • HoundofShadow
    I'm wondering what's the difference between Elite and Heroic token? It seems to be the same to me.
  • HoundofShadow
    Thank you mexus. I got to pay more attention to what's available.
  • Quebbster
    I'm wondering what's the difference between Elite and Heroic token? It seems to be the same to me.

You can only get two- and threestar covers from Elite tokens. Heroic tokens have a chance to give a fourstar cover too.
  • Quebbster
    Official unofficial update from another thread:
    Brigby said:
    Sm0keyJ0e said:
    Is there going to be a Kingpin PVP Brigby?
    jgomes32 said:
    Brigby was the initial feedback negative with the original 3 feeders having pvp events? Any reason to drop that? Sandman and Kingpin had no pvp to "promote" the update and personally i think those 4* events are a nice change every once in a while.
    Unfortunately I'm unaware of any plans to running a Kingpin Versus Tournament, following these changes. The only upcoming Versus Tournaments I'm aware of are Blue Shift (1/21) and Hooked On A Feeling (1/23)
    Ooga chaka ooga chaka ooga ooga ooga chaka...
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Elite is 2/3* only.  Heroic can be 2/3/4*
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *(1/19/18) Brigby - Updated Versus events and Deadpool's Dailies
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ooh. I wonder who Cloak & Dagger's Crash is going to be?
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Ooh. I wonder who Cloak & Dagger's  Crash is going to be?
    I would say Medusa because they have similar abilities (heal, special tile creation), plus she can steal Cloak & Dagger special tiles and be a serious threat. But guess will see then. 
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    That is The Question.
  • Quebbster
    Rocket and Groot maybe? Duo vs duo...
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    zodiac339 said:
    That is The Question.
    Isn't The Question a DC Character, tho? ;)
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    They like to find overlapping colors.  Perfect overlap is Kingpin.  I am a little worried that it might end up being very tough since C&D make black tiles, and if the opponent uses Black....well....some rearranging of colors may be needed.