Known Issue: Strange Sights Door 1 *Updated (1/16/18)

Options

Comments

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Update: The team has identified the root of the issue, and a fix has now been developed for it. This will be applied starting in the next run of the event. Everyone that was affected by the bug will be receiving a gift sometime next week. Also, for those players who would've achieved better awards had they acquired the missing points, we will be providing them an additional gift as well.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,294 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thank you!
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I wonder how they'll see who has been affected and who hasn't. 
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thank You @Brigby. This is great news. 
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Just so no one seems surprised, you shouldn’t anticipate this gift or additional gift being equivalent to the rewards you lost out on.

At least the next run will be right.  Hopefully.
  • Angjo
    Angjo Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I did door one, sub one, knowing it was an issue so that my alliance could optimise the sub awards and when I didn’t get my points for “the rift” raised a ticket stating amongst other things “this is a known issue and I am raising the ticket because @brigby asked us to, to help you investigate the root cause.

Over the last few days there have been a few emails backwards and forwards with me answering their questions (most of which I’d already answered in raising the ticket).

Finally today I got their feedback, closing my ticket, this feedback was “this is a known issue” - no tinykitty Sherlock!

No mention of the “gifts” we’ll be getting from @Brigby so if I wasn’t a forum visitor I’d know nothing about them.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    Options

====
    Update: The team has identified the root of the issue, and a fix has now been developed for it. This will be applied starting in the next run of the event. Everyone that was affected by the bug will be receiving a gift sometime next week. Also, for those players who would've achieved better awards had they acquired the missing points, we will be providing them an additional gift as well.

In other words, the devs found out players were receiving triple tokens in SCL9. This has been fixed for next event run.
  • madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    Options

====

In other words, the devs found out players were receiving triple tokens in SCL9. This has been fixed for next event run.
    Shhhh!
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have a feeling I won't benefit from this...but it woud be nice =/
    I was about 150 points short of 10th place, despite optimal clears and all that stuff. Top 10 is not easy, even with 5*s.
  • The rockett
    Options
    Just got my rewards. Nice 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    The gift has been sent out to players that were directly affected by this bug.
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Options
    And quite generous too I must say. Tyvm.

almost sad they say its fixed for next time around.. ghehe
  • Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Hope it's not rude or against forum rules to ask, but what was the compensation for you guys?
  • Smart80
    Options
    Is there a forum rule about that?
  • Zappa
    Zappa Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I got a deadpool 4* cover, 1500 iso, and a heroic token
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I got a Beast cover, a token, and ISO.
  • Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Zappa said:
    I got a deadpool 4* cover, 1500 iso, and i think 100 hp
    Oh very cool. 
    Smart80 said:
    Is there a forum rule about that?
    Figured I better be safe than sorry
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,294 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Even though I missed 50th by about 450 points, I must have been with others that took Door 1 as well.  I only got the HT and iso.  The weird thing is I was missing AA.  Oh well, my XFDP is already 291.
  • Smart80
    Options
    I ended up t20 and got LT, dp4, heroic and 1500 iso
  • The rockett
    Options
    I would have been 5th overall and I got an LT, XFDP, Heroic and 1500 Iso.