Known Issue: Strange Sights Door 1 *Updated (1/16/18)

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kaeyne said:
    mexus said:
    grunth13 said:
    Slice 4, door 1 bug active.... thanks for the 1400 points less than everyone else which effectively kills my chances of any top 50 score. 
    Why not just tap-a-node for the rest of the day?

Some of us have jobs and family to attend to, you know?
    Let the family help tapping.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,159 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:
    Kaeyne said:
    mexus said:
    grunth13 said:
    Slice 4, door 1 bug active.... thanks for the 1400 points less than everyone else which effectively kills my chances of any top 50 score. 

Wait till your kid helps spend your meticulously-hoarded CP or sells a 13-cover 5*.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster said:
    Kaeyne said:
    mexus said:
    grunth13 said:

Wait till your kid helps spend your meticulously-hoarded CP or sells a 13-cover 5*.
    Some monitoring will of course be required, but you can make it a family activity.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    I started with Door 3 yesterday and I suppose I can start Door 1 today with no bug? On a side note, for those who chose Door 3 yesterday, how many clear(s) did you do for the Lifeless Realm node? I only did one because it shows that it will refresh in 24 hour. Am I suppose to make another 6 clears for this particular node or will that particular node remains if I were to choose Door 1 or Door 2 next?
  • Quebbster
    I started with Door 3 yesterday and I suppose I can start Door 1 today with no bug? On a side note, for those who chose Door 3 yesterday, how many clear(s) did you do for the Lifeless Realm node? I only did one because it shows that it will refresh in 24 hour. Am I suppose to make another 6 clears for this particular node or will that particular node remains if I were to choose Door 1 or Door 2 next?

Yes, door 1 is only bugged during the first 24 hours as I understand it.

The Lifeless Realm node will not remain once the sub Closes. Get the Points you can from it. If you want all node rewards you are going to have to play it for minimum Points a few times though.

• The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    Time for a LIVE report from your friendly reporter on the front lines. BTN is happy to report that the Door 1 bug is CONFIRMED only for sub 1.   Have SS of people that went into Door 1 in Sub 2 to confirm this.   This is ONLY a Door 1 Sub 1 issue.   Good Luck and Happy Tapping.  

Please stay tuned to BTN for futher Bug updates.  
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    Reports are that the boss node is the issue. “The 1400 from the boss node when you unlock door 1 never adds in.”
    @Brigby  Perhaps this will help the devs focus in on the problem.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks Quebbster. I manage to clear the node 1 minute it ends. Let's see if Door 1 would be bugged since I chose Door 2 today.
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Its not all bad... as i had to join 12h into a half filled bracket, no sight of great overall placement, i decided to just go and make the bug work for me. :-)
    everybody avoids it like the plague? Fine by me, only 2nd to fully clear all nodes and on schedule for some cp from first sub.. :-)
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2018
    mexus said:
    grunth13 said:
    I don't think you can make up 1400 points by tapping in 1 day, and even if you could, a person needs sleep, and then has to work, and then has family.  So, instead of giving unhelpful advise, maybe the developers would post something IN THE ACTUAL GAME SO THAT PEOPLE WOULDN"T DO THE DOOR 1 IN THE FIRST SUB!  As many have said before, this forum community is a very small portion of the player base.  If a 100 or even a 1000 people read it on here, that means at least 99k people didn't know this was an issue and will lose out of whatever placement they were going to get.  Natural psych of normal people will have them do door 1 first day, door 2 second day, door 3 on third day, meaning there are tons of people that probably went door 1 on the first day.  So lets just hope the Devs do the right thing and give anyone that went door 1 on first day whatever placement they deserve.  Easy enough to do...finish the event and then show their end score and add 1400 points and give them whatever placement they would get based on their leaderboard.  We can even open a ticket so that they don't have to do all the work by themselves, but that means many will miss out because we know they don't have the time to actually fix anything other than make new characters.

//Removed Profanity -Brigby
  • The rockett
    edited January 2018
    grunth13 said:
    mexus said:
    grunth13 said:
    I don't think you can make up 1400 points by tapping in 1 day, and even if you could, a person needs sleep, and then has to work, and then has family.  So, instead of giving unhelpful advise, maybe the developers would post something IN THE ACTUAL GAME SO THAT PEOPLE WOULDN"T DO THE DOOR 1 IN THE FIRST SUB!  As many have said before, this forum community is a very small portion of the player base.  If a 100 or even a 1000 people read it on here, that means at least 99k people didn't know this was an issue and will lose out of whatever placement they were going to get.  Natural psych of normal people will have them do door 1 first day, door 2 second day, door 3 on third day, meaning there are tons of people that probably went door 1 on the first day.  So lets just hope the Devs do the right thing and give anyone that went door 1 on first day whatever placement they deserve.  Easy enough to do...finish the event and then show their end score and add 1400 points and give them whatever placement they would get based on their leaderboard.  We can even open a ticket so that they don't have to do all the work by themselves, but that means many will miss out because we know they don't have the time to actually fix anything other than make new characters.

I am agreeing with @grunth13 100% on this.  While I get they cannot find the issue and have no idea why it is happening, as somebody else that said this, why not tell all about it.   Why not be honest and open that you are having issues but will take care of players if they go into door 1 the first sub.   That is what I don’t undertand.   Communication is key here and then fixing the issue.  Just be proactive instead of reactive. 
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2018
    grunth13 said:
    mexus said:
    grunth13 said:
    I don't think you can make up 1400 points by tapping in 1 day, and even if you could, a person needs sleep, and then has to work, and then has family.  So, instead of giving unhelpful advise, maybe the developers would post something IN THE ACTUAL GAME SO THAT PEOPLE WOULDN"T DO THE DOOR 1 IN THE FIRST SUB!  As many have said before, this forum community is a very small portion of the player base.  If a 100 or even a 1000 people read it on here, that means at least 99k people didn't know this was an issue and will lose out of whatever placement they were going to get.  Natural psych of normal people will have them do door 1 first day, door 2 second day, door 3 on third day, meaning there are tons of people that probably went door 1 on the first day.  So lets just hope the Devs do the right thing and give anyone that went door 1 on first day whatever placement they deserve.  Easy enough to do...finish the event and then show their end score and add 1400 points and give them whatever placement they would get based on their leaderboard.  We can even open a ticket so that they don't have to do all the work by themselves, but that means many will miss out because we know they don't have the time to actually fix anything other than make new characters.

I am agreeing with @grunth13 100% on this.  While I get they cannot find the issue and have no idea why it is happening, as somebody else that said this, why not tell all about it.   Why not be honest and open that you are having issues but will take care of players if they go into door 1 the first sub.   That is what I don’t undertand.   Communication is key here and then fixing the issue.  Just be proactive instead of reactive. 
    I work with a guy in my office, and sometimes we agree on stuff.  Other times, i cannot understand his reasoning or rationale for some of his decisions.  He explains them, but they don't make sense to me, and we just don't see eye to eye sometimes.  

The problem is that he is my boss, so no matter how much i think (or know) he is wrong, he gets final say just because of position. 

I like to think that is what is going on here, a classic example of the Peter Principle, where someone has risen to the ranks of the organization where they get final say.  They assume, incorrectly imo, that announcing mistakes formally and beforehand makes them look bad to everyone, versus staying quiet just makes them look bad to the small percentage of us on the forums and higher end alliances.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    One would think that every serious player now would avoid door 1 the first day.
  • Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 804 Critical Contributor
    The reason is the things that have been in the Bugs Forum with "Devs Aware" attached to them for months are not priorities.
    In two of the last four PvEs run (50%) we have been shown those kind of bugs are low priorities.
    It doesn't stop them from using a known bugged Banner as the essential 5* in a new character PvE
    It doesn't stop them from running an event for the third time with a known bug which causes a loss of points which are near impossible to make up thus sacrificing placement

Despite the claims of not treating us with the respect those decision illuminate we are reassured "we don't think of players as beta testers"

That may be true I am guessing there is a less flattering name the team at Demiurge thinks of us as

Want to know what comes next just go look at the list of "Devs Aware" on the bugs forum.
  • nigelregal
    nigelregal Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    4.8 sub I am in 8th place after play through with 14714 pts and 1-7 have 16114

I'm 1st place in my door I guess as only 5 people are in bracket for sub
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Dogface said:
    One would think that every serious player now would avoid door 1 the first day.
    not when you have join late and no luck on flip... 4K behind overall, but got t3 rewards for the sub. I’ll take it. 
    Bonus, half the real competition goes door1 for sub2... more easy cp.

ty all serious players :-)

but really, how hard can it be to fix this bug? Or at least make that node worth 1 point? You’ll only have to remove 3 digits from the code.....
  • Pantherfan1973
    Pantherfan1973 Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Just MHO but as someone who did door one first this time, just because it was door one, I would like compensation(and not ISO, I have 1.7 million in ISO and all of my players maxed out as they can be) and the bug fixed or at least block door one on day one.   It would be nice if they would add some new stories as well, which is something I bring up in every survey.
  • Zappa
    Zappa Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    edited January 2018
    This is what I submitted as a ticket. After watching my rank not go up once I completed kaecilius, I drew this conclusion (seems to agree with some other accounts).

"Greetings,

I played strange sights, joined the first event, and did not get my points when kaecilius was defeated. As you can see from the attached screenshot, this discrepancy meant that whereas I ended the sub event at #3, I ended the main event after the first day at 27. This was purely due to lack of kaecilius adding to my score, and I double checked this fact when I completed the event. 

Since this is an existing bug that has been not solved for several months ( I just checked the forum), I was hoping to get some sort of compensation since this is not my fault, is unintended, and is truly punishing in terms of rewards (I miss out on multiple 4* covers as a result along with Iso, tokens, and HP).

In fact, it is exactly:
    2x4* deadpool, 1 heroic token, 500 iso, and 50 hp, 1 elite token, and 1 beast cover.

This is fairly substantial."

Edit: Here is the image link 

https://imgur.com/a/ZIXZt
  • madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    Make the boss node give zero points , if you are unable to find the bug. Adjust progression accordingly to compensate for removal of 1400x3=4200 points.
  • The rockett
    madoctor said:
    Make the boss node give zero points , if you are unable to find the bug. Adjust progression accordingly to compensate for removal of 1400x3=4200 points.
    Very simple fix.