MPQ Sneak Peek: January 2018 Edition *Updated (1/24/18)

Comments

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    S.H.I.E.L.D. Training - Kraven the Hunter (1/11/18)
    Required Characters: Kraven the Hunter, America Chavez, The Thing, Ant-Man

I'm annoyed that after nearly 4yrs of playing I still do not have Ant-Man champed or even fully covered. He's been sitting at 15/2/2 forever!
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    It was a nice touch to have Kraven go up against different Spider-people in his solo nodes.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    Alright! Phoenix should be come coming for H4H. I’ll be throwing some CP at that.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,894 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have all 5 4s boosted. Interested in what the fastest PVE combos are. Maybe Riri/Vulture. Or TA Hulk could be a good tank/battery for Riri as well. Has anyone tried using wasp to flip Gwenpooles protects?
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Now I'm confused, is it Thor or Gambit that is next to exit latest?
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    smkspy said:
    Gambit. He was released around the anniversary in October. Thor came out about a month later to coincide with the release of Ragnarok in theaters. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,245 Chairperson of the Boards
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    DarthDeVo said:
    smkspy said:
    Gambit. He was released around the anniversary in October. Thor came out about a month later to coincide with the release of Ragnarok in theaters. 
    ****, now I have to risk wasting Thor covers if I want to cover Gambit. Bummer.

Edit: just got my 12th Gambit, and a bonus hero archangel. Forgot to change it back to Gambit after SS ended. Wonder if I should re BH Gambit.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,245 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    smkspy said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    smkspy said:
    tinykitty, now I have to risk wasting Thor covers if I want to cover Gambit. Bummer.

Edit: just my 12th Gambit, and a bonus hero archangel. Forgot to change it back to Gambit after SS ended. Wonder if I should re BH Gambit.
    Yes. That’s the easiest MPQ question of the day.  ;)
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    I have all 5 4s boosted. Interested in what the fastest PVE combos are. Maybe Riri/Vulture. Or TA Hulk could be a good tank/battery for Riri as well. Has anyone tried using wasp to flip Gwenpooles protects?

That works but, you will usually get much more mileage out of Wasps black to sting an enemy and ensure you have the blue to also stun. That's good damage for cheap. 
    Use Wasp's yellow twice in a row and that protect tile will be pretty strong on its own.
  • cpeyton3535
    cpeyton3535 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Had the same question, puzzled over it for quite a while.  Honestly, I found that (for me at least) unboosted R&G/Medusa(or Essential)/Gamora were still faster than any combo I could come up with using the current boosted list.  At least for easier nodes.  Thinking of using Kate/Vulture/Wasp or Kate/Vulture/Riri for the nastier wave nodes and nodes with 2-3 tile-movers.

Hope you have better luck coming up with something!  
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    I ended up going with riri, gwenpool, and Im40, as I found things were too slow to get going with wasp as the third
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *(1/12/18) Brigby - Updated Versus events, Story events, Deadpool's Dailies, and Weekly Buffs
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    So Thor leads off the new cycle of the Latest 5* essential? Curiouser and curiouser...
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am highly suspicious regarding the things listed for Thursday. Story, Deadpool Daily, and buffs are all listed. Versus is not. Is that because we can see for ourselves that Spider-Man is 3-star placement for Thanos, or are you just hiding the it will be 4-star Versus starring Spider-Gwen instead? Kind of hoping not Gwen actually, since it would indicate Champ reward update, and I cant imagine her rewarding any character but Spidey (Parker). We have a feeder for him, please cycle through other 5s.
  • spectator
    spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2018
    Never mind, must be half asleep
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    spectator said:
    Never mind, must be half asleep
    Modding is hard work.
    We understand.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Boosted Rogue will be funteresting. Going to need to be aware of the strongest colors of each enemy we'll be facing. 
    4SL and Cyclops work decently together, and with either red that hits for good damage there's still little reason to use Rogue's (although the 3x3 AP and targeted destruction will still be great). 
    Looking forward to a few 30K Power Siphons!*

*Remember that if you down the final enemy with Power Siphon, Rogue will not take the self-damage
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    DarthDeVo said:
    So Thor leads off the new cycle of the Latest 5* essential? Curiouser and curiouser...
    Well, he was last essential before Christmas... I assume that's why he gets to start this time.