Spoilers please.

Gideon
Gideon Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
Please can we have some spoilers. The game NEEDS to keep the buzz going.

Comments

• Quadro
    Quadro Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    They said ixalan will come out in November. 
    I‘m done with this game, till some new cards, PW‘s, and events are on. 

Bye 
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,433 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    Quadro said:

Bye 
    If you really want to be a stickler... Hibernium said Ixalan would be released on par with paper set ... which was late September. 
     We all know how that turned out. D3 nor Oktagon had ever said it was going to be released in November; although there WAS a rumor many of us were entertaining in here that it MIGHT be... but that's on us, no D3 nor Hibernium . Of which had only joined D3 as a developer for MTGPQ in October... so realistically there was no way in the seven hades were they going to be able to get Ixalan out in November. That said, they were very correct about the forums screaming for Booster crafting in a higher pitch than Ixalan... because the disappointment Hibernium set into motion with months of continual delays. Further setting Ixalan, the associated PW and new events back. In essence, Hibernium's missteps still haunt us months after they closed shop in August. Delayed booster crafting again, delaying Ixalan's release and its expansion inevitably. 

• Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    Well, as a spoiler, ixalan paper collection is already available since a while so looking after it gives an idea of the spirit of the block. Even if cards will be reshaped for the mtgpq format you can already imagine their effects and the way the could fit into the meta. 
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,433 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bil said:
    Well, as a spoiler, ixalan paper collection is already available since a while so looking after it gives an idea of the spirit of the block. Even if cards will be reshaped for the mtgpq format you can already imagine their effects and the way the could fit into the meta. 
    Really looking forward to the white vampires, especially the possible token generator 
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gideon said:
    Please can we have some spoilers. The game NEEDS to keep the buzz going.
    Let's cut Octagon some slack.  They have made some great changes to the game and just got back from holiday break.  They've also been pretty good at fixing issues quickly when they come up and giving us the events we want (ex: more HoD/Avacyn's Madness/etc).

...though they could've kept those holiday rewards going *squints at Octagon*
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gunmix25 said:
    Bil said:
    Really looking forward to the white vampires, especially the possible token generator 
    There are a few of those that could be pretty awesome. Legion's Landing and Mavren Fein are both looking like they might be solid white vampire token generators. Then there's the one-time ones like Queen's Commission and Paladin of the Bloodstained. I'm looking forward to seeing what can be made of them :)

Also going to check into the option of some Boros vamps, though I don't remember the red ones ever being that great....
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,934 Chairperson of the Boards
    They really weren't, unless you count Olivia. 
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    wereotter said:
    Gunmix25 said:
    Bil said:
    There are a few of those that could be pretty awesome. Legion's Landing and Mavren Fein are both looking like they might be solid white vampire token generators. Then there's the one-time ones like Queen's Commission and Paladin of the Bloodstained. I'm looking forward to seeing what can be made of them :)

Also going to check into the option of some Boros vamps, though I don't remember the red ones ever being that great....
    Yeah red vamps were a joke.

I'm hoping you're right about the white vamps being great.  There's been a decent amount of consistency in the past in regards to what cards do in mtg vs what they do in mtgpq (with some exceptions that seem to lean to extremes (ex: Skysovereign being amazing in mtgpq but meh in mtg, Solemnity being amazing in mtg but absolutely tragic in mtgpq...and of course I pack it 8 times).

I theorize that Octagon will take the route of trying to make the cards more similar than different.  Some Disassembly Required being the only real point of comparison so far...I'd say they made the mtgpq card moderately worse than the mtg unstable version (in addition to making it legacy when it's only real use would be in standard events), but you could also argue that the card was their test project prototype, and may lead to better future cards.
  • wereotter
    They really weren't, unless you count Olivia. 
    I don’t. Both because I could just use her in a black deck, and because I don’t own her.

Stensia Masquerade wasn’t bad if you are going red/white though. Maybe Falkenrath Gorger. Just didn’t like how most were small and had berserker. It’s a shame they skipped so many of them. There definitely were more than 4 across both paper sets.
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quadro said:

Bye 
    No one ever said November, in fact when Oktagon took over, they said booster crafting was the first priority — they have brought back Holiday Showdown and Avacyn’s Maddness — which is amazing to play with the new sets. 

I feel you’re being very unfair — they’ve done more since they took over than Hibernum did in the first year and a half of the game. 

I, for one, would love to see some Ixalan spoilers, but the delay on content isn’t going to make me leave, in fact I’m playing more to have plenty of crystals, runes and orbs when it hits. 
  • Gideon
    Bken1234 “I feel you’re being very unfair — they’ve done more since they took over than Hibernum did in the first year and a half of the game.”
    Nope.complete exaggeration . How many sets has Oktagon released? How much original content have they made? The answer is Zero. They have just reworked some of Hibernums code. That’s why I want to see a new set under Oktagons influence to see what they can really do.
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,934 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think Some Disassembly Required is their creation. 
  • Quadro
    Quadro Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    edited January 2018

„“Posted on September 27th, 2017

LOS ANGELES – September 27, 2017 – D3 Go! today announced that Oktagon Games will be the new developer of Magic: The Gathering – Puzzle Quest.  In addition, Steve Fawkner, the original creator of Puzzle Quest will be taking a Senior Designer consultant role with Oktagon Games to assist on the title.  Oktagon Games replaces former developer Hibernum, after announcement of their studio closure in August.

The team at Oktagon Games and D3 Go! are currently working on the release of Ixalan, the latest Magic: The GatheringTCG set, and will expect the release of cards from that set in November.  Other announced features like Booster Crafting will still be coming to the game but have been delayed to later this year.““ 

This was posted in September and it seems very clear what standing there. I don’t talk bad to anyone, but that’s what’s being said. So my post is still valid and true about the date of release (ixalan) and who wanted to create this (Oktagon)  

Here’s the link so you can read it yourself. 

https://d3go.com/news/press-release-d3-go-names-oktagon-games-developer-magic-gathering-puzzle-quest-mobile-game/

//Removed Profanity -Brigby

• TheDragonHermit
    TheDragonHermit Posts: 465 Mover and Shaker
    The wording on the article you posted specifically states "expected", as in they obviously didn't expect how hyped we were about BC and when they did they they delayed Ixalan in favor of it. I am hoping that they took the extra time to get more QA in on the cards and implementation so we have a much smoother Ixalan release than some of the later Hibernum ones. And as for what Oktagon has done for us; they have been more communicative, more open to player input, more willing to try new things, and more willing to change those things back when they don't go as well as hoped. As far as quantity they may not have introduced as much, but I would say their quality so far has been far greater, at least for what I experienced.
  • wereotter
    Pushing back Ixalan is disappointing but better to do it now than to have another content dead zone in just a few months.

Remember, with the core sets returning to paper magic this summer, there’s a good chance there will be nothing added to the game for several months. Core sets, historically, have a very high percentage of reprints, many of which are the same cards year after year. This means that this game will not be getting fresh content from the time a story block launches in the spring to the time the next launches in the fall.

Waiting for Ixalan has been a long time coming, but it will allow them to release Rivals of Ixalan in the spring, Dominaria in the summer, and be caught up for the next set this fall. 
  • Gideon
    @wereotter They should add the new cards they make for the core set to our origin set.
  • wereotter
    They could. But that would work maybe once. Core sets tend to be mostly the same cards every year.