Options
2»

Comments

• FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    Options
    wereotter said:
    They could. But that would work maybe once. Core sets tend to be mostly the same cards every year. 
    true, but there's always a few new cards that grab players' attention.

I wouldn't mind them bringing back cards from old core sets, with a bunch of easy-to-obtain, halfway decent cards for new players.

Example: LLanowar Elves: CMC 3 mana.  Green Uncommon.  1/2 elf with "When this creature enters the battlefield, convert 1 gem to green.  At the beginning of your turn, convert 1 gem to green and gain 1 life.."

Thorn Elemental: 13 mana. Green Rare.  7/7 Elemental with afflict and trample (make it slightly better than its mtg sibling lol).
  • Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    Options
    7/7 for a rare is outside the norm.  5/5 with those abilities is closer to what I’d expect 
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    7/7 for a rare is outside the norm.  5/5 with those abilities is closer to what I’d expect 
    Yeah I was just throwing ideas out from off the top of my head while reminiscing upon the good 'ol days of 7th edition mtg lol.  Feel free to tweak 'em :)
  • Gideon
    Gideon Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    Options
     I know . But they do add brand new cards to core sets as well . I just want the new cards added. Which wouldn’t take much because like you said the reprint a lot of **** or staples AKA Giant Spider.
  • FindingHeart8
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Gideon said:
     I know . But they do add brand new cards to core sets as well . I just want the new cards added. Which wouldn’t take much because like you said the reprint a lot of tinykitty or staples AKA Giant Spider.
    what we really need to see is a City of ****.  (Please don't flag me!  It's a real mtg card! lol)
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Gideon said:
     I know . But they do add brand new cards to core sets as well . I just want the new cards added. Which wouldn’t take much because like you said the reprint a lot of tinykitty or staples AKA Giant Spider.
    what we really need to see is a City of ****.  (Please don't flag me!  It's a real mtg card! lol)
    Because clearly we need a support that gives you 1/2 a mana at your upkeep ;)
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Little Girl.

• FindingHeart8
    Options
    Kinesia said:
    Little Girl.

they should make her the most feared card in game (for opponents and the user).  A 12/12 mythic with haste, trample, beserker, first strike for 5 cmc.  But if she dies your planeswalker takes 100 damage.