Booster Crafting Bugs [Fixed]

Options

Comments

• spadpl
    spadpl Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Options
    After conversion I had over 60k of orbs and runes as well. Started crafting with Origins Mythics, got:
    - Nyx
    - Hangarback Walker
    - Evolutionary Leap
    - Infinite Obliteration 
    - Archangel of Tithes
    And on last card app hangs with two buttons on a bottom:
    Planeswalkers (blue); confirm (green).
    After restart I don't had any orbs and additional runes also gone.
  • babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    HI Everyone. We are aware of several issues occurring with the Booster Crafting feature. 
    • Mana Orbs display number is not properly updating after crafting a card
    • Mana Orbs drop to 0 after reloading the app, preventing players from crafting new cards
    If this has occurred for you, please submit a support ticket, and we will be manually fixing those issues. Since this will be a manual procedure, please understand that this might take some time, however the team will be working as quick as they can to address these accounts, as well as fixing this issue in-game.

We apologize for the inconvenience, but thank you for your patience.
    Are you suggesting we avoid crafting anything until this is fixed?

• Krishna
    Krishna Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Options
    babar3355 said:
    Brigby said:
    HI Everyone. We are aware of several issues occurring with the Booster Crafting feature. 
    • Mana Orbs drop to 0 after reloading the app, preventing players from crafting new cards
    If this has occurred for you, please submit a support ticket, and we will be manually fixing those issues. Since this will be a manual procedure, please understand that this might take some time, however the team will be working as quick as they can to address these accounts, as well as fixing this issue in-game.

I will suggest that lmao. As much as I want to, gotta be patient and hope it gets fixed soon.
  • Dave808
    Dave808 Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Options
    And what about people who exploited the bug to craft way more cards than they should have been able to? Will they now be doubly rewarded by submitting a ticket, keeping all those extra cards, and getting all their orbs back too? That doesn't seem fair at all. 
  • Falizar
    Falizar Posts: 70 Match Maker
    Options
    I just received all my orbs back - minus ones i spent crafting and runes.
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ...I still don't even have the option to craft.  Not on my game or the game store lol
  • babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dave808 said:
    And what about people who exploited the bug to craft way more cards than they should have been able to? Will they now be doubly rewarded by submitting a ticket, keeping all those extra cards, and getting all their orbs back too? That doesn't seem fair at all. 
    This didn't happen... there was a display bug that made it look like this was happening, but orbs were actually being deducted.
  • Phillmoore
    Phillmoore Posts: 207 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It’s here.  Whey hey.  Now I need to work on decks. But gotvthe ones I wanted. Mostly. Missed baral. But hey hoe. There’s time 
  • SiakNiBatman
    SiakNiBatman Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Options
    was crafting away when the same thing happened to me. Got stuck on "something went wrong" so I restarted the app and all my mana orbs were gone :( 
    I sent a ticket. Very cool feature once all the bugs are worked out
  • p2dr
    p2dr Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    Options
    confirming the bug, same story as all - craft, counter doesnt update anymore, still craft, SWW, restart, lost orbs

submitted ticket
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Brigby said:

Yes. Even though I can confirm the manual CS fix will resolve this issue, just to be on the safe side, I would recommend you avoid crafting until a global fix is applied.
    ...I still don't even have the option to craft.  Not on my game or the game store lol
    Have you updated to the 2.3 build yet? You won't be able to see it until then.
  • Dave808
    Dave808 Posts: 55 Match Maker
    edited December 2017
    Options
    babar3355 said:
    Dave808 said:
    This didn't happen... there was a display bug that made it look like this was happening, but orbs were actually being deducted.

Not necessarily true. A friend of mine kept close track of how many orbs he had, how many cards he should have been able to craft,  and he reports that he crafted way more cards than he should have been able to. He lost all his orbs and runes also but he doesn't even care because he knows he got way more cards than he should have and that's fine with him. He readily admits he completely exploited the bug while he had a chance and made out like a bandit. Either he's lying, or he's mistaken, or the bug wasn't just a display error.
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    @Brigby

In the past the game would auto-update or I'd see the update available through the mtgpq app on the playstore.  Neither are happening right now.  My game runes as it would have a few hours ago or yesterday
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    *runs, not runes
  • Rhasget
    Rhasget Posts: 412 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The game doesn't add any awards at all earned atm.

Tried ToP and the purples I won did not add to my totals.
    Whatever happened affects more than just booster crafting.
  • TheDragonHermit
    TheDragonHermit Posts: 465 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Soooo, should I avoid logging in or updating? Or is that ok still.
  • Emanon2000
    Emanon2000 Posts: 156 Tile Toppler
    Options
    loggin in is fine... Updating is at your own risk or peril... depending on your view of the situation.

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Update: Once a player crafts a card, all display amounts will no longer update correctly, moving forward. The manual fix will resolve all of these issues.
    babar3355 said:
    @Dave808 said:
    Not necessarily true. A friend of mine kept close track of how many orbs he had, how many cards he should have been able to craft,  and he reports that he crafted way more cards than he should have been able to. He lost all his orbs and runes also but he doesn't even care because he knows he got way more cards than he should have and that's fine with him. He readily admits he completely exploited the bug while he had a chance and made out like a bandit. Either he's lying, or he's mistaken, or the bug wasn't just a display error.
    Are you sure he calculated everything correctly, since Legacy, Standard, and most recent set all have different conversion costs? I will double check with our team, but based on our experience, players are consuming the correct amount of Mana Orbs each time a card is crafted.

In the past the game would auto-update or I'd see the update available through the mtgpq app on the playstore.  Neither are happening right now.  My game runes as it would have a few hours ago or yesterday
    Are you on iOS? You might need to refresh the Update list, in order for the Update button to appear. If you're on Android, try exiting and then re-entering the MtGPQ storefront page on Google Play. When it comes to any auto-update feature, that might potentially be more related to your storefront settings on your device.
  • Froggy
    Froggy Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Ticket sent. But I crafted ALL my orbs and got 63 new mythics and several rares to complete 3 sets before I got any error. So the only loss was from opening new card packs and all my gained runes. So ticket is now what will resolve it.
  • FindingHeart8
    Options
    @Brigby

it's all good now, had been pushing off a phone update and forgot.  Now that I updated that I can see the option to update.

But if you aren't awarded runes or crystals for updating...is it worth it?  I mean, I could get a ton of mythics right now, but if I can't get any runes or crystals afterwards...