I'm Out

Monkeynutts
Monkeynutts Posts: 566 Critical Contributor
Ive had enough of this game now. Played it since it began, but nothing is getting fixed for a long time now. Lots of things aren't balanced and allowed to be broken. No help or fixes by the devs...yes they changed, but no communication what so ever. @Brigby you've done your best, but your team is not good enough and this game has been on auto pilot for ages with no updates. I expect Ixalan won't appear for ages either as the devs will havs to bed in.

In short what a mess !

Comments

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi @Monkeynutts. I'm sorry to hear that you're thinking of leaving, but I can understand your perspective, since this game has had both its up and downs recently. Between the recent closure of Hibernum's studio, and the current development team transition process, it appears everyone is experiencing these growing pains to some degree.

Besides the points you've already mentioned, perhaps you'd be willing to share what aspects of this game are compelling you to step away? It would be useful information to help us improve MtGPQ, so that maybe one day you'd be willing to join us again.
  • Jason_peters_36
    Jason_peters_36 Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    I would definitely like to agree with this person, as a 25+years strong magic the gathering player/fan, i too have been struggling to continue playing this game, the game has transformed into "SKINNERWARE", anyone who doesnt know this term, feel free to look it up. The fact that I have been playing this game for over a year, I am a veteran magic the gathering player, having won MANY MANY tourneys in the actual card game, my "luck" at receiving cards that I dont already own EVERY TIME I OPEN A NEW PACK has pretty much prevented me from EVER breaking past the 500 mark/placement in ANY AND ALL EVENTS, NO MATTER HOW HARD I TRIED, I HAVE EVEN SPENT AS MUCH TIME POSSIBLE TRYING TO WIN SOMEWHERE NEAR one of the top tiers, and i have NOT ONCE been able to. Either the top reward slots are being taken by: #1, cheaters who have not been kicked off,#2,people who are "in" with development team, or maybe they ARE the develoment team, i dunno. I know my ENTIRE COALITION has agreed to stop playing very soon if something does not change for the better... and WHERE IS BOOSTER CRAFTING????!?!!?! YOU PEOPLE MENTION A MONUMENTAL, GIANT LEAP FORWARD OUT OF THE PAY TO PLAY/PAY TO WIN/PAY TO HAVE FUN zone that this game is currently FROZEN IN, and then you never roll it out, and here we are, 5 months later and still..NOTHING. you guys wanna keep alot of your players??? you want to reclaim a modicum of respect and integrity??? QUIT PUTTING OUT THESE LAME ADDONS(THAT ARE BASICALLY FULL OF THE SAME CARDS THAT DO THE SAME THING WITH A DIFFERENT NAME AND DIFFERENT MANA COST) WITH THEIR WEIRD AND LAME ABILITIES LIKE "ETERNALIZE" AND "EXERT", WE DONT NEED NEW ABILITIES. WE NEED MORE CREATIVE CARDS, AND BETTER ACCESS TO THOSE CARDS, BY NOW... YOU SHOULDVE put 2 gameplay aspects into the game to make it one of the TOP GAMES EVER.::
    #1-PLAYER TO PLAYER TRADING. WE SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO HAVE AN OPEN AUCTION HOUSE TYPE OPTION OR A "TRADING ROOM/AREA" WHERE PEOPLE CAN CHAT AND ASK AROUND FOR CERTAIN CARDS TO TRADE, or something like that. WHY IS THIS NOT ALREADY IN GAME??
    TRADING CARDS IS LIKE AN ESSENTIAL PART OF MTG!!!!!!!
    #2-SOMETHING SIMILAR TO WHAT I ALREADY MENTIONED, AN AUCTION HOUSE OR JUST A STANDARD STORETYPE  WAY TO BUY SINGLE CARDS THAT PLAYERS DONT HAVE/NEED!!!!!?!?!?!
    ARE THESE 2 THINGS REALLY SO MUCH TO ASK?????????? I COULD KEEP GOING BUT I WONT. I CANT WAIT TO GET INTO GAME PROGRAMMING. I WILL NEVER PUT AN AMAZING PRODUCT LIKE MTGPQ and just leave thousands of loyal fans hanging like this. its so wrong...and downright mean.
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards

QUIT PUTTING OUT THESE LAME ADDONS(THAT ARE BASICALLY FULL OF THE SAME CARDS THAT DO THE SAME THING WITH A DIFFERENT NAME AND DIFFERENT MANA COST) WITH THEIR WEIRD AND LAME ABILITIES LIKE "ETERNALIZE" AND "EXERT", WE DONT NEED NEW ABILITIES. 
    If you don't know what exert or eternalize are, I have trouble believing you're actually the 25 year veteran of paper MTG you claim to be. They're both current mechanics in paper Magic.

Also, the game isn't even 25 years old yet, so there's that.... but I'll give you it since it came out 24 years ago.
  • TheDragonHermit
    TheDragonHermit Posts: 465 Mover and Shaker
    Hi there, I've been playing paper magic almost since the beginning and I came in about a year ago too, yeah there is some major issues with the game but there is the potential for greatness in it, might I ask what PWs you have and how you have utilized their abilities in your decks, also what is your current tier, because it is sounding a bit like you tiered up too soon, personally I am chilling in gold until I can get my PWs to level 60.
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hi there, I've been playing paper magic almost since the beginning and I came in about a year ago too, yeah there is some major issues with the game but there is the potential for greatness in it, might I ask what PWs you have and how you have utilized their abilities in your decks, also what is your current tier, because it is sounding a bit like you tiered up too soon, personally I am chilling in gold until I can get my PWs to level 60.

This is the right way to do it. A good alliance or coalition can also help you make the most of what you have. Pretty much all of them are recruiting -- I suggest checking out the coalition board. 
  • TheDragonHermit
    TheDragonHermit Posts: 465 Mover and Shaker
    Thanks I currently am in a coalition of one I created to enter events, I wouldn't mind getting into another larger one if only for the reward boost, as selfish as that might sound
  • Monkeynutts
    I'm happy to message you @Brigby. I did pm you a few weeks back without response offering help.

I'd have to write a lost myself then compile it into a message at some pont.
  • Monkeynutts
    The #1 thing i hate the most @Brigby is "something went wrong" and you lose a round at no fault of your own; or the other one is the game not loading the match, but instead returns you to the node screen saying "claiming match", but you didn't even play giving you another loss.
  • bk1234
    The #1 thing i hate the most @Brigby is "something went wrong" and you lose a round at no fault of your own; or the other one is the game not loading the match, but instead returns you to the node screen saying "claiming match", but you didn't even play giving you another loss.
    With the something went wrong, usually you get your points after your next match. It’s still not ok, but I’ve always gotten my points. 
  • Monkeynutts
    edited October 2017
    You get them if you claim ribbons usually. If not thdn your lucky.
    Also ir crashing before a round starts and coming back to node screen. I had this twice in the first 60 gem thing and haven't done pne since. It basics and fundamentals of a game and it's just found lacking.
  • Monkeynutts
    edited October 2017
    For example right now when I load the game... something went wrong....

now I can't load the events tab up.... something went wrong.... I give up......

I turn it on after a week. No updates required.....bur I can't even play.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    I'm happy to message you Brigby. I did pm you a few weeks back without response offering help.

I'd have to write a lost myself then compile it into a message at some pont.
    @Monkeynutts
    My apologies, as your message must have gotten buried in my Inbox. I've been out of the office, working our booth at New York Comic Con, so I have quite the number of messages to have to go through, but if you have sent me a message, then I will definitely respond back to yours once I get to it.
  • Jason_peters_36
    Jason_peters_36 Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    wereotter said:

QUIT PUTTING OUT THESE LAME ADDONS(THAT ARE BASICALLY FULL OF THE SAME CARDS THAT DO THE SAME THING WITH A DIFFERENT NAME AND DIFFERENT MANA COST) WITH THEIR WEIRD AND LAME ABILITIES LIKE "ETERNALIZE" AND "EXERT", WE DONT NEED NEW ABILITIES. 
    If you don't know what exert or eternalize are, I have trouble believing you're actually the 25 year veteran of paper MTG you claim to be. They're both current mechanics in paper Magic.

Also, the game isn't even 25 years old yet, so there's that.... but I'll give you it since it came out 24 years ago.

@wereotter    - hmmm.. okay, first, I know EXACTLY what 'eternalize' and ' exert' ARE, maybe you skimmed my post instead of reading it - I know what they are, and I know how they work as "abilities" .... My point I was trying to make is that they are STUPID AND CORNY, and that while the devs, programmers and general whoevers are wasting time and effort making sure thins like WHACK ABILITES make it into the game, along with , like I said... 'new' card sets that are basically 40% re-prints of previous sets with new card names and mana costs. FURTHERMORE, I currently do not play the actual CARD MTG game, just the mobile one. I havent played for quite some time, HOWEVER, I am 37, I started playing, buying, trading MTG when i was 13 or 14, and at that point, MANY MTG SETS had already been released. like alpha, beta, revised, arabian nights, urzas something, ( badddd memory these days) i loved it, and soon after, I BECAME A PRO/VET PLAYER ALONG WITH MY CORE GROUP OF BROS. - then at some point the company decided to change the way the cards looked, me and my friends disliked so much, we stopped buying and colloecting. aroumd the time that dreadful debacle called ' champions of kamigawa' came out. yeeeesh.. IVE played sporadically ever since. THESE FORUMS ARE FOR PEOPLE TO SHARE INFORMATION, GET POINTS ACROSS IF NEED BE, AND QUITE A FEW OTHER THINGS...NOT MEANT TO BE USED TO BELITTLE PEOPLE YOU DONT KNOW OR ASSUME DUMB SH$&. THIS IS EXACTLY WHY I RARELY EVEN VISIT FORUMS BECAUSE ANYTIME YOU RAISE CONCERNS THERES ALWAYS SOMEONE READY TO SHOOT YOU DOWN, AND AT THE SAME TIME STILL DONT HELP YOU ONE BIT. PLEASE KEEP IN MIND, I MEAN ABSOLUTELY NO OFFENSE ,BUT WHEN I WROTE THAT POST, I WAS QUITE ANGRY AND FED UP WITH CORRESPONDENCES WITH D3 CUST SERV AT THE TIME.
  • bk1234
    edited December 2017
    [MOD MIC ON] Just a reminder, if you have new, relevant information pertaining to a topic that hasn’t been discussed in several months, please start a new thread. 

As always, if you have questions, please refer to the forum rules https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/4/forum-rules-please-read-before-posting#latest

[//MOD MIC]
This discussion has been closed.