Win-Based Appreciation Society (WBAS).

Options
124»

Comments

• shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    the players who don't play pvp generally like the changes.  
    the players who actually play pvp generally don't.

it's a philosophical debate, i guess, as to which side d3 should cater to.  
    Do you keep your existing customers happy, or do you try to expand your presence, potentially angering your existing customers?
  • corytutor
    corytutor Posts: 414 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The players generally like this change......No. A bunch of causual pvp noobs like this change because rather than take time to develope their roster they want instant gratification.

They're so blinded by a shiny 4* cover that they dont see the brick wall that they will inevitably crash into if this becomes permanent. 

• corytutor
    Options
    Beat me to it
  • corytutor
    Options
    @aesthetocyst

You are on fire today sir
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I like win based - haven't cared about placement for over a year when I started playing more casually, No stress , no timing , no shielding , if I want something I can start early and go get it.

Yeah I get it, some hardcore  people don't like it,  but it's not like they care when their actions messes stuff up for us casuals .
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    ^^^^
    Glad you’re digging the changes!

(Assuming that’s why you posted in the appreciation thread).

Anyway, I just had a blast climbing to 10 wins in Sim using Level 278 X-23, Level 40 Gambit, Level 40 Hood. Fought mostly low champ 3* teams.  We’ll see if I get some low level retals!
    Got my first retaliation and it was all 5*. I mean my 4s could take them (they were low level), but still... Mean!

Switched to a team of:

3* Wolverine (Level 252)
    2* Daken (Level 144)
    3* Gambit (Level 40)

Wow are Patch and Gambit MADE FOR EACHOTHER!!  This combo is faster than Patch Loki, does more damage and can punch WAY above its weight class. Collect 9 green and pretty much game over. Two purple casts overwrite all the enemy strikes and the red does huge damage boosted by the friendly strikes while collecting AP.  And this is at level 40. I can’t imagine the damage Champed! Since I’m past the 3* tier I never would have found this without the recent changes to the game and my desire to try new teams. Thank you Wins-Base God.  Already up to 12 wins in Sim just screwing around experimenting, lol.
    Please show me how to use Patch/Daken/Gambit against the triple champed 5s I see in SSIM from the start and I'll join the praise.
    When I began I saw triple Champed 4s. Admittedly had to hit the skip button quite a few times to see Champed 3s.  The higher I got, the more skips I had to do to find those teams. They eventually dry up completely.  BUT since I used SUCH an easy team to beat (level 40 Gambit is like a one hit kill and Daken is a 2*).  Everybody I hit, hit me back as well as plenty of others who could see me once I climbed high enough. If those people hit me with weak teams, I could use weak teams in turn. Obviously I’m not seeing Champed 2s to start because my roster is beyond that so similarly I don’t expect you to see Champed 3s or to be able to use the team I do. But the principal is the same, if you use the best weak team you can win with, hope others do in turn and climb off eachother. Maybe 5* land is more cutthroat in that. No idea. You have to experiment though. I can’t do that for you as your roster is way better than mine. Already up to 20 wins with the GamPatchcake.  Took an offensive L due to stupid switch and her Reality Crushing Gambits soul!
  • corytutor
    Options
    The lowest ive been able to see is level 400 5* x3. 

Mostly champed teams. 

So i put out my usual d team, had a buddy whales me and are trading 2* and 3* retals while our big teams sit out visible to everyone else
  • corytutor
    Options
    I wonder if people think line and coordination between players is needed for 1200 on the old system. 

If you think it does, it doesnt. It makes it easier but its not required. 
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,290 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    As pointed out by numerous other posts, it isn't the idea of wins based progression that most people don't like, it is the execution in how devs changed the format of the new PvP.  40 wins is a whole lot more time and top PvP players will be getting far less CP too.  I think if they adjust some of these issues, the complaints (majority of them at least) will subside in time.
  • Nepenthe
    Nepenthe Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I may become a WBAS convert.  I have 4 champed 5*s and I hated the win based system during tests (though I saw the appeal for people having a hard time hitting 900, for me it just doubled my play time to get the 4*).

However, based on a suggestion in the other thread: when the simulator started last nigh I cleared the seed teams with a 2* team and now I'm letting retaliations pile up.  Once I have a bunch I'll fight them with a 3* or 4* team and do the same.  If this works out I'll probably be fine with WBAS. (Though it makes getting in on seed team timing much more important than before.)  It'll take away some of the excitement of the final climb, but if I'm able to use and face more variety than before that's an ok trade off.

Btw, as soon as seed teams were cleared all I saw was 3 champed 5*s on every node, until the retaliations started coming.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

mexus said:
    corytutor said:
    The players generally like this change......No. A bunch of causual pvp noobs like this change because rather than take time to develope their roster they want instant gratification.

They're so blinded by a shiny 4* cover that they dont see the brick wall that they will inevitably crash into if this becomes permanent. 

I'm quoting someone from yesterday:

"I expected that this would be met with mixed reactions. After the initial tests, someone on here did a poll and there was a pretty big split amongst the player base as to whether or not the wins-based change was preferred over points-based progression.  The results:

58% YES (156 votes)
    41% NO (109 votes)"

Now show me your numbers.

Don't worry.  I will show you true data on Monday after the Storm PVP.  These polls on the forums are a joke as I have said before.  Most of the top 25 PVP allys don't even come to this dumpster fire anymore since the information here is very little use to them except major changes, pve event updates, etc.  This is just a fact. 
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There once was a time when i was a 575 and out player. 
    I wanted to score higher.  I learned how to play pvp.
    I asked around and got into line rooms.  I started hitting 900 and then 1200 and then 1600+.
    I met all sorts of cool people that i would have never met any other way.
    I helped others and got help in return.
    The game got much more fun.

Whenever anyone tries to explain that to these wins-pvp people, "they plug their fingers in their ears and go nah nah nah I'm not listening."

Just because you just wanted a game to play during your daily dump doesn't mean you should ruin the fun for everyone else.
    Did it ever occur to you that maybe people have a different view of what "fun" is than you? It's not that people aren't listening to you, I mean can we please get another 1,000 threads about how much win based sucks and is worse than cancer and ebola, but that we just don't agree with you.

Lots of people love going to antique stores. I don't.
    Lots of people love eSports. I don't.
    Lots of people love soccer/futbol. I don't.
    Lots of people love shield hopping to 900+. I don't.

Crazy world we live in, right? Points based isn't fun to me so I played it a bit casual. I've been enjoying the hell out of win based so far. And exactly how many people on the boards do you think have any say on what the devs do? You act like some wins based supporter is on the forums thinking "Muahaha I shall make D3 and Demi implement a wins based system and do away with the points one and take away shartattack's fun in the process! Muahaha!" Countless people on the forum support a hybrid system, as do I and I was one of the first to push for it, so don't you think that someone with any kind of pull would have at least gotten maybe one hybrid test before they decided on going with wins based? But they pretty much never listen to us. Well, I guess they got tired of people joking about Psylocke sucking and finally gave her a rework so there's that.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Options
    **Locked thread at OP's request**
This discussion has been closed.