Simulator

Options
124»

Comments

• Killabee
    Killabee Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I think simulator is fun. I have maybe 15 4* champed and one blue Peter Parker, and yes I'm playing scl9 because it's a challenge and fun. Sometimes I get 7 clears on the e5 node, sometimes only 4, but it's doable. Just takes some strategy. I got my butt handed to me on the 1st day mystique node, but managed 5 clears of it. But I much rather fight these xmen node than dark avengers. This particular event has been super challenging but super fun because if it ain't a puzzle or have some form of difficulty and I just want a game to give me free stuff, there are plenty of other options. That e5 node with phoenix/oml/colossus, really tough, but makes you think about who to use and who to target first.

Sometimes this forum is comical, especially when I hear the constant complaints that a max 5* is required and it's only for whales. With 1-3 covers of the essential, I've placed 42, 52, 18 went to scl7 to get 9th then went back to 21st and currently on pace for top50. 
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Well i hate simulator for people with no champed 4s even in lower CLs putting two 5 stars (gambit and OLM) and one four star (prof x) in a 6 clear node is not challenging its torture. Its designed to make people buy health packs. I bet you if they would release the stats, health pack purchases are up 100%. Not fun, not challenging, if they run it again im dropping 2 or more CL just to avoid it.
  • Bulls
    Bulls Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Bulls said:
    Meh, a bit of challange and ppl complaining like there's no tomorrow. It's Simulator and it's always like that - put against you all the meanest combinations of new chars. Its still easier than in past when you were unable to use same chars as those set as your opponents. So if you know you can't stand against challange then either drop down by 1-3 cl or skip that event.
    Yeah man, how dare people complain about not knowing the best strat's to fight characters only introduced within a fortnight ago into the game!

It's like how a new character event expecting you to complete it by max-covering that character within a week of their introduction would somehow be incredulous a year ago but is entirely okay today.

I'd happily accept more challenging events over the whole "clear within x and then finish within x" timed events. The dynamics of this game has shifted from slow nuke to quick nuke. For a strategy game, there's been a significant neglect on any actual strategy over the last couple of years.

You don't have to know strategy - you have to figure it out and that's the interesting part. Don't tell me you would prefer to keep fighting against DA or same goons over and over again. Or do you complain against them as much? In that case maybe this game is not for you. Remember if you're playing something and it brings you more frustration than satisfaction it's best to just stop and look for something that will suit you.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,112 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Gambit/Old Man Logan/Prof X...  Wow.  That node is absolutely lethal.  So many special tiles!!!  I think that team is going to be very, very popular in the not too distant future...

It chewed through a couple of my teams with barely a scratch. I finally took it down with 4-star Deadpool, Thing and Dr Strange...but not without Thing going down, Strange losing about 75% of his health, and Deadpool at about 50%.
  • JarvisJackrabbit
    JarvisJackrabbit Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Went down a couple times against 5ambit, Chaz, and OML before settling on Carol, C&D, and 3*IF.

I set Carol's green at 5 and let IF and C&D load the board with black, causing the opponents to black match themselves into X-tinction.