Simulator

Options

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I played in SCL7 (where I've been pretty consistently since SCL-based scaling) and in general is seemed easier than in the past.  The Mystique node was a little tough, but I brought Carnage and Rocket & Groot and just accepted having to spend 3 health packs by the end of 3rd clear.  The ISO node was WAY easier than it normally is.  Usually that one feels more like the Mystique one did this time.  Maybe the put the characters on the wrong node.

Also mmm 7000 ISO at the end.  Glad at least one of the PvEs during the double ISO was an event with these nodes (honestly I wish more had this single clear for large ISO type nodes).
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Presumably they put the 5* Gambit and Rogue into the 3* essential so more people would play it and have trouble with it.  They'd then want their own versions of those characters and hopefully spend money to acquire them.

The only flaw in their plan is that there is currently no way to pull new 5* Gambit covers ...
  • Uncletas
    Uncletas Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I’m glad I’m not the only one who had issues with that node.  Gambit overriding special icons is a complete pain and combined with Rogue jumping if on a cascade. Ugh. Can’t wait to see this combo in pvp. Be great times...
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    broll said:
    I played in SCL7 (where I've been pretty consistently since SCL-based scaling) and in general is seemed easier than in the past.  The Mystique node was a little tough, but I brought Carnage and Rocket & Groot and just accepted having to spend 3 health packs by the end of 3rd clear.  The ISO node was WAY easier than it normally is.  Usually that one feels more like the Mystique one did this time.  Maybe the put the characters on the wrong node.

Also mmm 7000 ISO at the end.  Glad at least one of the PvEs during the double ISO was an event with these nodes (honestly I wish more had this single clear for large ISO type nodes).
    This was pretty much my experience too.  
    I've mostly been in SCL8, but went with SCL7 this time because I knew I would have limited play time this weekend, and because of the horror stories I had read here.
    I used Grocket and G4mora on all the essentials, and only needed 3 health packs on the third clear of the 3* one (this was after clearing the 4* and 5* node 4x each too). Then added in Carnage and swept through all the hard nodes, and then used Thano5 instead of G4mora for the easy nodes.
    Those 3 health packs were all I needed to get to 4 clears in the whole sub.

I would love to see these large ISO nodes in every PvE sub. Even if they make that node ridiculously hard, it would be a nice bonus and daily goal.
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Right, something strange... I played through all nodes (4/6 rewards) and look on the scoreboard to see if I am indeed level in points with a group of 'fellow crazies' who have done this. I see I'm 310 points behind so clearly I have missed the 4th play on a difficult node. Go for a look and see all high scoring nodes are 4/6, but the last node (with the CP in rewards) is not counting down toward full points. Played it again,  now it's counting down only with 5/6 rewards earned. Even restarted the game but that didn't change anything.

First time I've seen this happen, anyone else experience this? Could be something went wrong with updating the scoreboard, since I don't see anyone else reporting this and I don't start sub 1 as one of the first players. No big deal, but definitely strange. Still got all points but it seems one time I only got a reward.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I´m wondering why so many people are complaining about this event. Haven´t you realized that 4* Grocket AND 4* Gamora are buffed for the week? This combo does 6k damage per turn which means that most battles are over after 4 or 5 turns.
  • mrcheddar
    mrcheddar Posts: 58 Match Maker
    Options
    I´m wondering why so many people are complaining about this event. Haven´t you realized that 4* Grocket AND 4* Gamora are buffed for the week? This combo does 6k damage per turn which means that most battles are over after 4 or 5 turns.
    Ahem, 2K damage against Rogue.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mrcheddar said:
    Not when she is stunned.
  • mrcheddar
    mrcheddar Posts: 58 Match Maker
    Options
    ZeiramMR said:
    mrcheddar said:
    Not when she is stunned.
    * checks the 4th post in this thread *

Yup, pretty sure I mentioned stunning her as a viable strategy. 
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,710 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Absolutely, now think out your strategy if you don't have those two champed. I don't have either champed and it was the hardest PVE sub I have ever played at CL8. I used 30-40 health packs on 6 clears. I normally use none.

I had to take rocket and gamora up as high as I could but I still took a battering. Carnage was quite useful but Fist who I love for PVE was useless.

It was a good challenge but it took me hours.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Any info on day 2? Easier or harder? 
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,710 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Any info on day 2? Easier or harder? 
    Same as normal SIM, went through 4 clears including 5E with a single cover spidey and didn't use a health pack.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Much nicer on day 2.  Less Rogue and Gambit all around, it seems.  I know who we will see lots of in PVP soon.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Tony Foot said:
    Absolutely, now think out your strategy if you don't have those two champed. I don't have either champed and it was the hardest PVE sub I have ever played at CL8. I used 30-40 health packs on 6 clears. I normally use none.

I had to take rocket and gamora up as high as I could but I still took a battering. Carnage was quite useful but Fist who I love for PVE was useless.

It was a good challenge but it took me hours.
    Sorry, but my comment wasn´t meant to offend players like you. I see so many Grocket & Gamora teams everyday in PVP (almost all teams in Shield Sim I have to fight are "Gramora" teams") that I´ve assumed most of the players have them championed or fully covered.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Makes me kind of glad that I don't have Parker so I'm dropping down to SCL6 this time.
    I meant to do this, but somehow accidentally dropped to SCL1 instead.  Opps.  Oddly, there's another player with an even higher roster than mine who's in first in my SCL1 bracket (I'm currently Top 20, but am missing Carnage). Unless they're just taking the easy route in Simulator to hit Alliance minimums, I can't imagine why they're trying that hard.  1st for the event gives only two 2* cap covers and maybe 10 HP.

On the plus side, I'm using A LOT more of my roster than I have in recent memory in a single PVE event, just because no one is truly too low to compete. My all-limited team of Howard, Dino, Yelena stands ready to win the final sub's 7,000 Iso :)
  • Bulls
    Bulls Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Meh, a bit of challange and ppl complaining like there's no tomorrow. It's Simulator and it's always like that - put against you all the meanest combinations of new chars. Its still easier than in past when you were unable to use same chars as those set as your opponents. So if you know you can't stand against challange then either drop down by 1-3 cl or skip that event.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ZootSax said:
    Makes me kind of glad that I don't have Parker so I'm dropping down to SCL6 this time.
    I meant to do this, but somehow accidentally dropped to SCL1 instead.  Opps.  Oddly, there's another player with an even higher roster than mine who's in first in my SCL1 bracket (I'm currently Top 20, but am missing Carnage). Unless they're just taking the easy route in Simulator to hit Alliance minimums, I can't imagine why they're trying that hard.  1st for the event gives only two 2* cap covers and maybe 10 HP.

On the plus side, I'm using A LOT more of my roster than I have in recent memory in a single PVE event, just because no one is truly too low to compete. My all-limited team of Howard, Dino, Yelena stands ready to win the final sub's 7,000 Iso :)
    LOL.
    I'm sorry, it's dumb to find it funny but I LOVE the idea of selecting CL1 by accident :D
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    LOL.
    I'm sorry, it's dumb to find it funny but I LOVE the idea of selecting CL1 by accident :D
    I find it kind of hilarious, as well, but it's my own dumb fault. :)
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm loving this event!! Glad Parker is 5* essential, and I champed him just in time for this event. A 560 5* is really making ANY node trivial in CL9. Fastest clears I've ever done and if I keep my pace up tonight and tomorrow I have a good shot at t5!!
  • Hyposphere6234
    Hyposphere6234 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Bulls said:
    Meh, a bit of challange and ppl complaining like there's no tomorrow. It's Simulator and it's always like that - put against you all the meanest combinations of new chars. Its still easier than in past when you were unable to use same chars as those set as your opponents. So if you know you can't stand against challange then either drop down by 1-3 cl or skip that event.
    Yeah man, how dare people complain about not knowing the best strat's to fight characters only introduced within a fortnight ago into the game!

It's like how a new character event expecting you to complete it by max-covering that character within a week of their introduction would somehow be incredulous a year ago but is entirely okay today.

I'd happily accept more challenging events over the whole "clear within x and then finish within x" timed events. The dynamics of this game has shifted from slow nuke to quick nuke. For a strategy game, there's been a significant neglect on any actual strategy over the last couple of years.