Simulator

Comments

• Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Bowgentle said:
    My god, people.

Simulator always has been one of the hardest PVEs, with the newest OP char combinations in the nodes.

With fixed levels now you can either drop down to a CL where you can just brute force the nodes, or come up with combos to beat those nodes.

It's fun, especially after the incredible slog that was Mindless Ones in every node.
    You have a very strange definition of fun.  I would rather slog through 4 clears of every round of Honor Among Thieves without a single health pack then play 1 node of Simulator.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,246 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    FYI, I finally found a team that worked consistently with Mystique on CL7.  4Rocket and Carnage.  4Rocket is there to lie down the Strike Tiles and after the first turn, Carnage does his thing with the Attack Tiles.  Mystique just likes to watch.

In order, I went after Rouge, Bandit, 5Jean.  It was ugly and had to use some health packs but it worked.

Couldn't even imagine how hard it is at CL8 or 9.
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    I actually really like the Simulator. I think it is fun to have some really interesting combos thrown at me and have to figure out what to do. 

I think I tried different teams in each of the four clears. All of them were successful, but they were all heavily damaged. Carnage + Lockjaw was fun. I tried St4r Lord thinking that with Gambit I'd have yellow tiles all over the board, but of Gambit just overwrote most of them. The last fight I won just because of the Mystique Purple + Black combo.

I love the Iron Fist + Vulture idea. At lower levels (I'm in SCL8) it seems like Dr. Strange would absolutely wreck Gambit.
  • Blackstone
    Blackstone Posts: 595 Critical Contributor
    I got through it with 3* Hawkeye and 4* C&D, and that was after failing with several other, seemingly stronger, teams.  It really surprised me, but it worked.
  • Hyposphere6234
    Hyposphere6234 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    I'm in this event purely for the 4* progression reward, as long as I'm hitting 7.5k a day I'll be happy. This event has been absolute anus with the inclusion of Gambit and Rogue as enemies.

You are terrible developers and this event only enforces the ideals that you cater to the whales.

Why include the latest two new character releases (three if you include 5* Gambit) in the nodes?

I always expect Simulator to be challenging. It's the one event that involves some thought and strategy which is kind of strange for a game that started out as a strategy game about team building. 99% of this game is just shlock.

Welcome back 5* Spider-Man for this event for the second time.
  • Dotproduct
    Dotproduct Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    qandols said:
    The node with Gambit, Rogue and Jean is horrible. Whatever I throw at them is thrown back in my face. Riri is useless, her cascades only makes jean do her thing. Gambit spams the whole time and Rogue inhibits my damage. Suggestions?

Ok so it wasn't just me. I'm usually in CL7 for everything and only do partial completions for the Simulator event (probably my least favourite after Gauntlet) so much so that I normally skip half the event anyway and not even reach the 4*.

So this time I picked CL4 to guarantee progression (and 20CP) and I'm sure glad I did! This enemy combo is the pits even at this level with a fairly strong late 3* early 4* champ line up in CL4. So I reverted to who I always revert to when you have a spammer such as Gambit (think Muscle, the Don, Ninjas) - I went with 3* Strange and let him off his mates for me!
  • chaos01
    chaos01 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    I usually play scl9 dropped to 8 for this one. I really like the simulator events as it does make you change your team up. I found that 4*grocket and 4* Star Lord got me through pretty easily. I targeted Gambit first (avoiding r,y,g), then Rogue and finally Jean.  If you can get either of grockets actives out it’s pretty quick. 
  • Lord_Mephisto
    Lord_Mephisto Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    I think there was a big mistake here... The 5* essential node is far easier than the 3*. Using a 3* to face a team of 4s and 5 just don't seem right.

After two hard fights, I've came up with Mystique, Dr. Strange and 4* Starlord. The latter almost died in the fourth fight, but the team worked really fine.

Dr. Strange trashed Rogue after the insane sequence of shots given by Gambit.
  • derrickn
    derrickn Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    7.5 hours,  15 health packs to get thru 4 rounds at SCL8.  Of course,  I suck at the game so prolly hard to judge by me...
  • ThePunishers
    ThePunishers Posts: 50 Match Maker
    Dropped down to c8 took 22 mins to clear 4 rounds and 3 healthpacks total.  Went in expecting it to be awful and pleasantly surprised.  
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    It took me a couple battles against Rogue/Gambit to work out a decent strategy.  I ended up using Grocket/Gamora, and I targeted Gambit first.  Avoid yellow/green/red to keep Rogue from jumping in front.  That worked for clears 3/4 in CL9.

I ran out of health packs before I could get full clears on the 5* node.

It's tough, but it's fun.  I just hope I can make t50 in CL9 without having to use super whales too many times. :)

• qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Strang3 and Gwenpool did it, but it was hairy. Strange's attack is very weakened. I managed two Chekovs Gun and a sploit and it was over.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pants1000 said:
    It took me a couple battles against Rogue/Gambit to work out a decent strategy.  I ended up using Grocket/Gamora, and I targeted Gambit first.  Avoid yellow/green/red to keep Rogue from jumping in front.  That worked for clears 3/4 in CL9.

I ran out of health packs before I could get full clears on the 5* node.

It's tough, but it's fun.  I just hope I can make t50 in CL9 without having to use super whales too many times. :)

Grocket/Gamora was the combo that got me through as well. Helped that I got lucky and got boards with plenty of blue every time.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dropped down to c8 took 22 mins to clear 4 rounds and 3 healthpacks total.  Went in expecting it to be awful and pleasantly surprised.  

Yes it's very surprising that your 500+ roster destroys CL8.

Come on.

• ABaker84
    ABaker84 Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Glad to see I'm not the only one. I ran out of health packs ...on PvE! That hasn't happened in...well since I started playing the game. 5* Gambit overrides CD tiles too, so my champed Culson (buffed) and C4rol were no use. SCL 7 BTW. Ugh, I'm only at 2 clears. Guess the rest will wait till tomorrow. Glad we'll be done X-Men after this sub
  • SkadenFrudee
    SkadenFrudee Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    I didn't even notice that was 5* Gambit in Mystique's essential node! He was annoying, but Rogue was worse. I just stunned him and her constantly, focused on blue/red AP,  killed him first, then Rogue, then Jean. 6x with no wipes and two health packs in SCL 7, used  champed/boosted G4mora and Phil. 
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    As I said I usually play CL8 and leave myself 1 hour or so to get it done. I was frustrated last night because it took me so long because to be honest I wasn't expecting it, but I'd welcome more challenges like this. It has decimated the leader board and even over night only 1 more person has fully done 4 clears and less than 35 in total!

Crank the difficulty up and reduce the number of clears!

I will leave myself 2 hours spare for the other two clears and half dreading green ticking. 5* node with 1 green cover spidey was far easier than the other essentials for me.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    And then the last node with Psylocke that earns you 7000 ISO is super easy. The Gambit node should be here instead. Crazy.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    qandols said:
    The node with Gambit, Rogue and Jean is horrible. Whatever I throw at them is thrown back in my face. Riri is useless, her cascades only makes jean do her thing. Gambit spams the whole time and Rogue inhibits my damage. Suggestions?
    This node caught me totally off guard too. I threw Iron Fist's black at Rogue expecting to down her - forgot about her yellow and she almost laughed it off! Then Gambit started spamming attacks! That was before you even bring Teen Jean in... beat it once so far.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think there was a big mistake here... The 5* essential node is far easier than the 3*. Using a 3* to face a team of 4s and 5 just don't seem right.

After two hard fights, I've came up with Mystique, Dr. Strange and 4* Starlord. The latter almost died in the fourth fight, but the team worked really fine.

Dr. Strange trashed Rogue after the insane sequence of shots given by Gambit.
    Agreed - I sailed through the 5* at CL7 with a 0/1/0 Spidey, so was expecting Mystique to be a cake walk! Yikes! Rogue and Gambit are good.