Xmen vs Apocalypse

13»

Comments

• Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    bluewolf said:
    Does anyone know - if you fail to beat Apocalypse and he is at full health, you can fight him again.  Do the side nodes open up again or not?

I have two small concerns:
    1.  A lesser roster who can't beat Poccy may be unable to contribute at all, beyond fighting one side node per refresh, in later rounds.  In normal battles, wiping at least posts some points for health removed and the side nodes open up again.
    2.  If you are interested in farming iso from side nodes after completion, the prospect of fighting a full Poccy fight every time makes it less appealing....
    If he kills your team when he has full health you have to fight him again. The feeder nodes will not unlock. 
    To get partial credit for fighting him and to get back to the feeders you have to retreat after dealing damage and before he heals. You have a couple options:
    1- save up just enough AP to fire a cheap ability then retreat without making a match
    2- make a match that causes a cascade and retreat in the middle of the cascade before your turn is over
  • donpidgeon
    donpidgeon Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    I would like to thanks the developers for this event. Even us in 3* land can do something in Round 8. Just need much strategizing and some luck. :)

(No, I am not sarcastic. This event has been the top experience in MPQ for me. The feeling when Apoc goes down when you have only 1 team-member still alive is great.)

<3

• mirage2101
    mirage2101 Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    I loved this event. It was a lot more puzzle based then just brute force. Numbers mattered but with a bit of luck unlikely teams could work.

I started out with 4* cyke (undercovered), riri and spider-woman. That worked for a while and then suddenly.. stopped.
    Riri, gwenpool and im40 was pretty reliable in getting him too.
    But at some point I was out of health packs.. So I've seen a kill by 4* gamora because all purple tiles were mine..
    A last ditch win my an invisible Charlie.. Even a combo of IF purple into XFW black that got him. 

If only all bosses were like this!

• MaskedMan
    MaskedMan Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Gwenpool, Cyclops and Mordo rocked this event. I actually managed to finish without a loss despite some close calls.  

Cyclops locks the highest value tile as red then has yellow ability that generates red which helps you to beat one horseman.

Gwenpool's purple allows you to just kill all attack tiles and one horseman, also great to killing death countdowns and pairing with her green in later rounds.  Her green one shots Apoc for the first few rounds and needs a second ability fired after that to kill him. 

Mordo has a massive Blue attack for all those blue tiles you wouldn't otherwise be using.  Best to avoid his Black attack except as a finisher since Black is Apoc highest damage match so he will always go for those black charged tiles.  Alternate for Mordo is Mr Fantastic to get tile switch instead but I found the extra damage much more useful.
  • SkadenFrudee
    SkadenFrudee Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2017
    I used C4rol, C&D, and Riri for ~55 wins with no losses. With Carol's green set to five, I got 4bl plus damage every time Apocalypse matched three black.

I went from needing one barrage to kill him, to two, to two plus another nuke, to two plus Riri's gauntlet plus maybe a small 1k+ attack, all in the same turn! Gathering up that much AP in different colors (needed blacks and yellows for C4rol, red for Riri,  plus pink for C&D to strategically supply C4rol) while staying alive and trying to kill the horsemen made for a fun yet nerve-wracking event, since it never felt like I had "control" of the match. 
  • donpidgeon
    donpidgeon Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Control over the match? I had all all horsemen down, Khan constantly healing Hulk who fronted the attacks, everyone was at full health and this should be a walk in a park. I miss one match, Apoc does crit black, followed by a cascade crit red. Hulk is dead, next turn he uses his power to take 2/3 of the life of Khan and it was impossible to climb out of that hole.

But good fun overall. :)
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Definitely my favourite boss event by far. Major kudos