Xmen vs Apocalypse

Options
Finally an event Gwenpool can shine in.  Her Green and Purple seem actually made for Apocalypse fight.

Comments

• Roland113
    Roland113 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm a huge Gwenpool fan myself.

Here's a question:

So Apocalypse heals himself every turn as long as there's a horseman tile out.  Typically, the damage dealt is what us used for scoring in team events.  Does each batch of damage count for your total score?  If this is the case, then prolonging matches may be a strategy for getting more team points.
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Good thought, but it doesn't work.  He has a max number of points he is worth (which equals his total life). Even if you drag out the fight for 20 minutes, you won't get extra points.

On the other hand, if you lose to him, I wonder if you can get partial credit for damage dealt....
  • Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Tip :queen kate bishop can block healing
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Roland113 said:

Here's a question:

So Apocalypse heals himself every turn as long as there's a horseman tile out.  Typically, the damage dealt is what us used for scoring in team events.  Does each batch of damage count for your total score?  If this is the case, then prolonging matches may be a strategy for getting more team points.
    Most likely you get no points if you don't eliminate the horseman tiles.
  • Hyposphere6234
    Hyposphere6234 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Roland113 said:

Here's a question:

No. I'm extremely curious to know how you came to this conclusion of how more damage meant more points in previous team events.
  • Friarbundy
    Friarbundy Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I’ve been going Cloak and Dagger, Scarlet Witch and Cyclops. C&D Black to match the Death tile, yellow for attack tiles, SW Arcane for general board chaos and Cyclops three star to finish him off when the horsemen are down.
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    C&D, C4rol and gwenpool for me so far
  • MaskedMan
    MaskedMan Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I rarely kill off the horsemen and always get full points.
  • Dotproduct
    Dotproduct Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    Options
    In the early rounds I'm going with with my Smooth Flow team. SWitch to generate purple, 3Fist to use purple generate black (and help match those death tiles) and the a one-two punch 3Fist-3Clops when I have enough (purple and) black without having to eliminate all the horsemen.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Good thought, but it doesn't work.  He has a max number of points he is worth (which equals his total life). Even if you drag out the fight for 20 minutes, you won't get extra points.

On the other hand, if you lose to him, I wonder if you can get partial credit for damage dealt....

Yes, you do.  A member of the Roach alliance, who has mostly 1- and 2-star characters, has a score of 74 points.  Big ups for the attempt.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've been using Rocket & Groot, Cloak & Dagger, and Vulture.  Each serves a purpose:
    • Vulture: AP generation and destroy Pestilence's attack tiles + Death's countdowns
    • C&D: generate black to feed Vulture, and a backup for destroying attack tiles
    • R&G: set the team's strongest colour to blue, so Vulture's AP generation takes out Famine, plus strike tiles to help shorten the match.
    None of them are boosted though, so who knows how it'll handle later rounds.
  • MaskedMan
    MaskedMan Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Bah too much work!  Gwenpool just one shots App with 12K green and says "What Horsemen?"  I figure later on I may need Dead pool to soften him up with a Red first.

A fun combo though is Mordo and 3* Iron Fist.  Just fill the screen with Black.  If Black is your highest damage color this will often wipe all 4 horsemen pretty quickly plus give either Mordo or Fist all the damage they need to win.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I will try Mordo next round, I kinda like him
  • JarvisJackrabbit
    JarvisJackrabbit Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It's been smooth sailing so far with Riri, Mordo, and IM40, but I can see that pesky full heal being a problem in later rounds if he matches away one of IM's countdowns.
  • Pollozz
    Pollozz Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Options
    So far, R6, I've been using ProfX/ SW/ Coulson, you need to feed Coulson and shot two laid plans have two consecutive criticals and game over
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've been using 4* Cyclops / Teen Jean / Prof X every round so far.
    Early on I could one shot him with Jean's green/purple, Cyclops's red/blue, or a match-5 with the hit from Prof X.
    Now in round 6 i have to save up to do two of the above.  Usually by that time I've been able to knock out most (if not all) of the Horsemen, so he goes down pretty easy.
    Over-all, this event is a definite win in my book. 
  • animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I've been feeding XFW Black from C&D which also helps limit the number of red matches available to be made. As necessary, C&D Yellow has helped finish him off inside of one turn.
  • Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    chris0001 said:
    Why cant you guys figure out how to increase the levels at every refresh instead of going from level 55 opponents on side node to level 367 on the next refresh????
    I believe the scaling is tied to your highest level characters after the first 24 hours is over. Mine are only 216, which is a lot more manageable. I do agree they should figure out a way to where the jump after 24 hours isn't so crazy though.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    chris0001 said:
    Why cant you guys figure out how to increase the levels at every refresh instead of going from level 55 opponents on side node to level 367 on the next refresh????
    I believe the scaling is tied to your highest level characters after the first 24 hours is over. Mine are only 216, which is a lot more manageable. I do agree they should figure out a way to where the jump after 24 hours isn't so crazy though.
    Yeah, for sure. Mine are only 204. I think the point isn't that the levels at 24 hours are so high, but that the levels prior to the 24 hour mark are really low. (for which I am not complaining).