Xmen vs Apocalypse

Options

Comments

• rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This is a really great event so far. Kudos to the team for making something that has a unique feel to it and is very fun!
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,305 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Using XFW, XFDP, and Clagger is a solid strategy....use dp's CD for what and Wolvie black.  An oldie but goodie.
  • SilverTalon
    SilverTalon Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Options
    OML Ghost Rider and C&D. 

OML tanks while u build up black from C&D. Wait til Apocalypse has done enough damage then Penance Stare him to hell.
  • MrCroaker64
    MrCroaker64 Posts: 70 Match Maker
    Options
    I've been using 4clops, RiRi, and IM40. Gather blue and yellow until you can run IM40 Recharge. When it resolves you usually have enough Blue to run RiRi 2-3 times. That usually gives 30 Red for 4clops. Even in round 6, on a good board, I can down him in 4-5 turns.

-Croak.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So...why isn't Beast boosted for this event?
  • Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Options

they can only boost so many character iceman psylocke and beast didnt make it 
  • bluewolf
    Options
    Cloak & Dagger's black can make it easier to remove the horsemen.  It reduces Apocalypse's levels and the conditions become easier to meet (like earlier rounds). Something to try.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Options

Moon Roach is using Cloak and Dagger, Mordo, and Black Bolt.

Wolveroach is using Prof X, Scarlet Witch and Coulson.  That's much more fun.  Just keep matching team-up tiles and wait.  When it gets tough, there might even be a use for all the team-up boosts I've never, ever used.

• beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Options
    KA Sith just finished rd 8 10 minutes ago
  • MaskedMan
    MaskedMan Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Because twice nothing is still nothing.  
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Teen Jean / Scarlet Witch / 4* Carol cleaned house for me. Carol is predominantly there to generate purple for Jean and to accelerate SWitch blue to generate more purple, with black as a bonus (Apocalypse black is strongest, so it often gets left on the board for him).  Done two full rounds in 8, and it hasn't let me down once yet.
  • sambrookjm
    Options

Moon Roach is using Cloak and Dagger, Mordo, and Black Bolt.

I liked that team...right up until Apocalypse got a match 5, which let the critical tile fall between two charged blacks.  Mordro ate 5100 points of damage from a single match for him.  :o

Of course, he responded with a Power for Purpose for nearly 19K thanks to the 21 black that Apoc had gathered up...

• sambrookjm
    Options
    Did anyone else have Psylocke fire off her red ability when Gambit was a (non-stunned, non-airborne) teammate?  I didn't think that allies were supposed to be able to fire off red or purple abilities while he was active, thanks to his black cover...
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Did anyone else have Psylocke fire off her red ability when Gambit was a (non-stunned, non-airborne) teammate?  I didn't think that allies were supposed to be able to fire off red or purple abilities while he was active, thanks to his black cover...
    Did Gambit have a red cover at the time? He only stops allies from using red and purple abilities if he has red and purple active skills himself.
  • sambrookjm
    Options
    Quebbster said:
    Did Gambit have a red cover at the time? He only stops allies from using red and purple abilities if he has red and purple active skills himself.
    It was in the Quicksilver node in the X-Men vs Apoc fight, so he had all three covers.  He was charging up his red and black, and then all of a sudden I see the Psychic Knife animation.
  • bluewolf
    Options
    Does anyone know - if you fail to beat Apocalypse and he is at full health, you can fight him again.  Do the side nodes open up again or not?

I have two small concerns:
    1.  A lesser roster who can't beat Poccy may be unable to contribute at all, beyond fighting one side node per refresh, in later rounds.  In normal battles, wiping at least posts some points for health removed and the side nodes open up again.
    2.  If you are interested in farming iso from side nodes after completion, the prospect of fighting a full Poccy fight every time makes it less appealing....
  • Painmonger
    Painmonger Posts: 152 Tile Toppler
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    Does anyone know - if you fail to beat Apocalypse and he is at full health, you can fight him again.  Do the side nodes open up again or not?

I have two small concerns:
    1.  A lesser roster who can't beat Poccy may be unable to contribute at all, beyond fighting one side node per refresh, in later rounds.  In normal battles, wiping at least posts some points for health removed and the side nodes open up again.
    2.  If you are interested in farming iso from side nodes after completion, the prospect of fighting a full Poccy fight every time makes it less appealing....
    Afaik the side nodes will only ever refresh when you clear a full round as an alliance or automatically every 8 hrs. That's how its gone for me if I ever failed any of the previous boss fights, though I've never failed one with the boss at full health.

My teams so far have been 4Clops, MoStorm, KK or Charlie's Angels (SW & GSBW). Still in round 6, but so far I've only had to use 1 health pack & almost never bother with the horsemen.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Been mostly using C4rol, Gwenpool +1 and gone pretty well. In round 6 I had my first loss and learned that you get another chance, unlike events past.

Later after a win that had my chars low on health I decided to just throw 3 others in figuring worst case I either send 3 more in ore heal my A team. I ended up using Switch, Logan, and 5*Widow for no reasons other than levels.

After matching some of Apocs strike tiles, Switches blue tile popped into a bunch of purples which 1) was enough of my strongest color to knock out 1 horseman, 2) was enough damage to knock out another, and 3) somehow also took out the last special tile. I watched all 4 corners clear out in succession, but now had 3 Death CD tiles to deal with. Fired Widows purple and poof, they were gone faster than they arrived. Berserker Fury and a few swipes later... much easier win than expected.
  • donpidgeon
    donpidgeon Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Options
    For those of us that is not in 4* land just yet; I have had good experience with Hulk, Quicksilver and Khan.

Hulk fronts, angers give lots of green, uses his boardshake to kill death countdowns and strike tiles. Deals damage at the same time. Gets healing form Khan while this is happening.

Deny red at all cost; use Khans purple if necessary. You will get enough black to deal with Famine after a while. After that you can just rely on Khan healing you + Hulks green. Use Quicksilvers black to get the effects you want; 

This is good for Round 8, even though it can be hard to keep Khans healing up in Apoc gets a critical black match. :/

• PresidentDoom2020
    PresidentDoom2020 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Options
    OH YEAH I TOTALLY LOVE THIS BOSS WITH HIS ABILITY TO **** OUT A MILLION SPECIAL TILES AND GETTING NO POINTS ON LOSS BECAUSE OF YOUR AMAZING PLAYTESTING THAT COMPLETELY FORGETS ABOUT HOW THINGS LOOK IN THE LATER TIERS OF POWER. GENIUS. GENIUS!