Additional, or "Bonus", damage is being treated as a second attack. [By Design]

Options
124»

Comments

• zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Some powers themselves can be corrected to keep the issue from affecting them. Wilson's Gambit has a set amount of damage added, and should always have been, "Kingpin removes a friendly countdown and deals 5504 damage. Otherwise deals 2413 damage." I was about to say something about Crowd Control, but that one is literally supposed to decide its extra effect after it does base damage. System Shock and Collosal Punch should be able to be fixed by changing their coding to affect additional enemies first, then the primary target rather than primary target then additional enemies. Smite, Whiteout, and Chemical reaction are harder since the additional damage is variable.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I know this wasn't claimed to have been fixed lately, but just as a reminder, as of r131, this is still not fixed.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is this even worked on anymore, or will it be quietly swept under the rug as "working as intended"?
  • AardvarkPepper
    AardvarkPepper Posts: 239 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I thought it was "working as intended".
  • Taganov
    Taganov Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I thought it was "working as intended".
    So did I. And I prefer the current state.
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Noticed this in the Dark reign Artic Circle essential node with Captain Marvel Modern. When Daken used his Chemical Reaction he first did 500 damage then 600 damage removeing the strike tiles. Total damage of 1100 and still not triggering Captain Marvels Energy absorbtion that shall be triggered when get 700 damage or above.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm glad this is pinned, so we can all see how much "devs are aware/investigating" means.
    February 2017.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,368 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't understand why they don't just close this by calling it 'by design'. Just have someone go through the 'multiple parts-damage' powers and ensure the descriptions properly reflect the fact that the different components of the attack are processed separately.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Is this the longest open forum post?  It's been open for nearly 17 months.
  • ObiWanPEZ
    ObiWanPEZ Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Options
    a) It’s a bit more fairly balanced, instead of leaving Daken in the dust while the new characters keep escalating in power.
    b) No surprise, it’s making you burn through healing faster. Some people pay money for those...