*** Kamala Khan (Ms. Marvel) ***

1202122232426»

Comments

• Been using the 553 and it seems she fits in teams better as there are no shortage of good green abilities...though her green is good. The heal seems to have been a surprise for opponents thinking her team an easy win as I've gotten more than a few defensive wins with her and some cheap ability characters. At worst, she's been great for the ladder climb and saving health packs. During Women of Marvel, she paired nicely with Gamora and Luke Cage.
  • Soylent wrote:
    Been using the 553 and it seems she fits in teams better as there are no shortage of good green abilities...though her green is good. The heal seems to have been a surprise for opponents thinking her team an easy win as I've gotten more than a few defensive wins with her and some cheap ability characters. At worst, she's been great for the ladder climb and saving health packs. During Women of Marvel, she paired nicely with Gamora and Luke Cage.

AI will keep her healing as it one hits LC black and gamora red. Both wymmin were boosted too. Nice.
  • I really enjoy 5/3/5. I don't have a strong active green user. I have blade but he isn't active so there is no point to accelerating that. Accelerate my own green sure but then id miss out on the amazing heal which is the entire reason I bring her in the first place. And I get the purple and green ap enough that it's worth. Not like I leave a team with her on defense anyway.
  • I have her at 5/3/5 as I frequently pair her with icon_scarletwitch.png and use her purple.

Then, if either is downed, I still have the green/purple AP on hand.
  • Wolarsen
    Wolarsen Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    I have a 454 and finding extremely difficult to decide either to go for big bash or big heals. I am slightly trending towards 553 due to the uniqueness of her yellow.

And PURPLE is also unique, and I really, really like it; it is indeed a good Green accelerator, but I think a lot of people are not considering that it is also a terrific negator. I almost never fire it right away, but wait in case UI is about to get AP for a strong move, then smash the proper color to deny it. Nullifies Technopatic strike and Witheout, delays The thirst, Daken's regeneration, I am Groot, Spider Sense and Adamantium bones(haha), prevents Berserker rage and Smash backdraw, protects nongreen strong friendly special tiles from matching (Sacrifice, Arane incantation, Shield tosses, Vision's), you name it!
  • donpidgeon
    donpidgeon Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    With a mostly 3* roster, who do you see pairing up with KK?

I championed her, since I really liked her. But now I am afraid it is just a honeymoon phase, due to her being charged in the PVE event. :neutral:

So, how will I use her outside of this event? I have a couple of champed 3*, but not really a huge amount.

I was thinking of pairing up her with Switch was an obvious choice for feeding her purple, but who makes a good third?

Oh, and I am talking from a PvE perspective.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards

I championed her, since I really liked her. But now I am afraid it is just a honeymoon phase, due to her being charged in the PVE event. :neutral:

So, how will I use her outside of this event? I have a couple of champed 3*, but not really a huge amount.

I was thinking of pairing up her with Switch was an obvious choice for feeding her purple, but who makes a good third?

Oh, and I am talking from a PvE perspective.
    Nah, Kamala is great all of the time. Cyclops or Luke cage would be a good third for that team
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    She-Hulk (5green and red) and IM40 (5 yellow and blue) and KK (5 yellow and pink) work really in 3 star land.  All green goes to She-Hulk red goes to She-Hulk or IM40 (I prefer Hulk to get more healing and board shake max IM40 blue if red goes to Hulk).  KK pink makes more green to deny ap. This was the team I would run through the simulator ever season until I got well into 4 land.  The ap denial is so high you can punch above your weight class and you minimize health pack usage because you are casting powers so frequently.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    KK plays extremely well with others and fits on a variety of teams. When I'm giving advice to players beginning to develop their 3-star roster Kamala is one I list as near top tier. Her AoE attack is good (even unboosted), her purple does a decent job of creating cascades while generating green, and her yellow healing passive is always welcome. Basically, Kamala can fill a lot of roles - battery, healer, and AoE damage.

You can build a team around Kamala, but more often than not I found she was the answer to the 'how do I expand my rainbow' question.

For a specific 3-star team, I found that her, Cyclops, and Dr. Strange (or IM40) would absolutely tear through PvE nodes.
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2017
    A surprising 3* team for KK that works really well is everyones favourite Ragnarok, and Quicksilver - amazing synergy between the 3 of them, with Rags creating blue tiles and green charged tiles for QS, and both having cheap spammable powers means KK is constantly activating her heal (set her green to 3 covers)
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    A surprising 3* team for KK that works really well is everyones favourite Ragnarok, and Quicksilver - amazing synergy between the 3 of them, with Rags creating blue tiles and green charged tiles for QS, and both having cheap spammable powers means KK is constantly activating her heal (set her green to 3 covers)
    I absolutely agree here. They were my Big Enchilada 'Fun Team' for quite a while. 
    Play Rags blue when green matches are already available on the board, then Kamala's purple power to change colors to green that would make match-5's (with the now charged tiles). It's Embiggened Bash all day.