Strange Sights PVE points issue [Devs Aware]

Options
The rockett
The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
Currently in the first pass of Strange Sights PVE, there is a scoring issue. 

I did door 1 and had a sub score of 12606 and was first to clear. 

@Rhycar did door 3 and had a sub score of 12606

Overall @Rhycar has 14206 and I have 12806. It seems the boss if you do door 1 does not give full points.  This might be for door 2 as well, but door 3 seems like it is fine. Can this please be looked at @Brigby

edit: confirmed with a person that door 2 scores correctly. Only a door 1 scoring issue. 

//Edited Title -Brigby

Comments

• Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Furthermore, is something off with the Kaecillius fight? He's only taking 1600 per strike tile matched... I thought it was higher before. 
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It was; in previous runs, it took about 7-8 strike matches to down him.  Now, in SCL8 it's taking 17-18 strike  matches.  With all those strike tiles and that 15 black AoE, it gets ugly pretty quick.
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I wish that i read this thred before choosing door 1 :(
  • ZamWiesel
    ZamWiesel Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Alliance mate also said you can do the boss fight before choosing a door and then again after the clear of the sub.
  • talleman
    Options
    Daym that boss fight was hard! You need to match way to many strike tiles for him to go down. Finally managed to do it at the final turn before he wipe out my team with his black.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    edited August 2017
    Options
    ***Moving this over to Bugs so reds can take a look***
  • The rockett
    Options
    I hope we can get an answer soon on this
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi Everyone. I've passed this information along to the development team, and they're having a designer investigate right now. Once I hear back from them, I'll be sure to update everyone.

Thanks!
  • dudethtsawesome
    dudethtsawesome Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. I've passed this information along to the development team, and they're having a designer investigate right now. Once I hear back from them, I'll be sure to update everyone.

Thanks!
    Just the point discrepancy and or for the boss fight taking longer?
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Options
    Brigby said:

Thanks!
    The boss fights are working as intended per the other bug thread regarding Kaecilius' fight.
  • dudethtsawesome
    dudethtsawesome Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Ducky said:
    Brigby said:

Thanks!
    The boss fights are working as intended per the other bug thread regarding Kaecilius' fight.
    Thanks for the clarification, I haven't read through that thread yet. 
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Is there any update on this, or should we just avoid choosing Door 1 for now?
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Isn't the best fix for this to leave it alone?  If Door 1 gives fewer points for everyone, it will balance out over the course of the event.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    Options
    ZamWiesel said:
    Alliance mate also said you can do the boss fight before choosing a door and then again after the clear of the sub.
    I checked this before starting my grind. I chose to do Doom's sub first, so I played that node. Before getting into the actual sub, I checked the boss node to see if I could play it. 

While I could select the node, the fight itself was still locked and said I needed to have the Book of Vishanti, Orb of Agamotto or Wand of Watoomb before I could play. 

I don't know if this is what your alliance mate was talking about or something else entirely. 
  • DeadPoolKillinem
    DeadPoolKillinem Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options
    All I know is I have faced the boss more than 10 times my best characters can't beat him and I've used all my characters TWICE and I have yet to beat him once this boss event is rediculious 
  • robertbah
    robertbah Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Isn't the best fix for this to leave it alone?  If Door 1 gives fewer points for everyone, it will balance out over the course of the event.
    Yup no need to do anything. The score difference is from kaecilius fight. So, all of us get the flat amount 3000 points. 
  • talleman
    Options
    As long as we can get max progression without thoose points leave it be.
  • The rockett
    Options
    I am wondering what the resolution on this is.  I am top 5 every PVE and now with this I might not make top 25.  I will know more after this sub is done and 1st pass on sub 2. Will be very disappointing.  
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Even if it didn't balance out the likely of it being changed mid event is extremely low.  
  • The rockett
    Options
    Now around 20th.  Need others to mess up to get any higher.