Strange Sights PVE points issue [Devs Aware]

Options

Comments

• Mr_Teddy
    Mr_Teddy Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I am in the first door, but the others in my slot get the points for the boss.

I killed him last, if it is to any help? Maybe you should kill him as he opens?
  • bluspiritseeker
    bluspiritseeker Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Aside from the Door 1 Kaecilius fight/win, which I didn't get points for, I didn't receive points for my 3rd win, in the Wolves' Den, also in door 1. Any updates?
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Devs aware, away for holidays, event will be over by the time they get back. D3 at its finest.
  • robertbah
    robertbah Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Looks like I still get 1400 points from the boss fight today after I finish my door1 initial clears. Well, it won't be fair to those who get only 200 from door1 boss fight on the first day.
  • madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    robertbah said:
    Looks like I still get 1400 points from the boss fight today after I finish my door1 initial clears. Well, it won't be fair to those who get only 200 from door1 boss fight on the first day.
    Those 200 points aren't from the boss fight. Those are from the main tab nodes before the boss fight. Players who did door 1 first are missing the full 1400 points
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    Options
    OJSP said:
    Then I take my previous comment back. This is indeed unfair to those who did the 1st door on the first day.
    Expect the usual generous compensation.
    One Strange Sights token sounds about right, or two elites if that is too much.
    Maybe they'll throw in 10 hero points.
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well, Labor Day is here. They are closed. Nothing was done. I guess they don't care about it.
  • macgawel
    macgawel Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Options
    robertbah said:
    Isn't the best fix for this to leave it alone?  If Door 1 gives fewer points for everyone, it will balance out over the course of the event.
    Yup no need to do anything. The score difference is from kaecilius fight. So, all of us get the flat amount 3000 points. 
    It seems the level of Kaecilius grow each round.
    Plus, it's a really difficult (frustrating ?) fight, with small reward.

So yes it makes a difference. In my case : I've won the first round (and, so, got no points for it). After three defeats, I don't see the point of playing it again.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    OJSP said:
    Then I take my previous comment back. This is indeed unfair to those who did the 1st door on the first day.
    Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but this totally screws you over if you're playing for T5 or T10. Depending on SCL, that's anywhere from one to three 4* covers. I know I'd be ticked off if the only reason I was bumped from placement was because of a bug beyond my control. 

I did Orb of Agamotto the second day, and I honestly didn't pay attention to see if I got points after the boss fight or not. My placement hasn't seemed to be too drastically affected, so I'm going to guess not. 
  • DarthDeVo
    Options
    Aside from the Door 1 Kaecilius fight/win, which I didn't get points for, I didn't receive points for my 3rd win, in the Wolves' Den, also in door 1. Any updates?
    I didn't pay attention to my point totals after the first two wins, but I finished the initial clear in second with the same amount of points as the guy in first, so assuming I got all the points I was supposed to. 

I then saw this comment, so made a point to pay attention to the totals after wins 3-5. I got the amount advertised each time. But, I did this sub on my second day and not the first. Perhaps that's the difference? 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DarthDeVo said:
    Bowgentle said:
    OJSP said:
    Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but this totally screws you over if you're playing for T5 or T10. Depending on SCL, that's anywhere from one to three 4* covers. I know I'd be ticked off if the only reason I was bumped from placement was because of a bug beyond my control. 

I did Orb of Agamotto the second day, and I honestly didn't pay attention to see if I got points after the boss fight or not. My placement hasn't seemed to be too drastically affected, so I'm going to guess not. 
    In no way was my post sarcastic.

You haven't read too many of my posts, have you?
  • DarthDeVo
    Options
    Bowgentle said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    Bowgentle said:
    OJSP said:

In no way was my post sarcastic.

You haven't read too many of my posts, have you?
    I was leaning towards sarcasm, about 95 percent sure, but it was rather subtle.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    His post was lathered in sarcasm. But I say that as someone whose second language is sarcasm so it may not be so easily for others to always pick up. D3 isn't exactly known for their great generosity. Like when they messed up with the Mockingbird pve progression reward. They should have just rewarded a yellow Mockingbird to anyone on CL7-8 in that event that unlocked her cover. Instead they just moved it to pvp as a reward for hitting 900 even though many people only play pvp casually and probably only go to 575. I suspect they'll do something similar here. "Guys, be sure to play this this upcoming pvp event to earn the top placement covers you should have gotten in Strange Sights. You're welcome!"
  • The rockett
    Options
    Ended in 14th place due to this.  Thanks
  • The rockett
    edited September 2017
    Options
    In fact, since I know nothing will be done please close this thread.  
    @Ducky
    @Dayv
    @Brigby

[Moderator note: thread is not being closed, see my reply below.  -Dayv]
  • aa25
    aa25 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Ended in 14th place due to this.  Thanks
    It looks like I got this bug as well and I'm finishing #11 (S4). lol. I should have paid more attention and taken a screen cap on the first day.

Edit: I did Maggia, then Doom, and the Ninja. Seven clears optimal and ended up with ~1400 gap to the leader group.
    Edit 2: Surprisingly sneaked into T10 at the end.
  • Mr_Teddy
    Mr_Teddy Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Well I would have won. First place with good margin, but not 1400p margin. So I just got top ten. I sent a ticket saturday, with screenshot. Still no reply. I hope I will get the two Sandman covers I earned.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In fact, since I know nothing will be done please close this thread.  
    @Ducky
    @Dayv
    @Brigby
    [Normally, I would close a thread at the OP's request, but in the case of a bug report with multiple other posters weighing in, this is more of a community thread than any one poster's content.]
  • The rockett
    Options
    Wow.  3500 ISO for this mess up. Really?  Lose placement and get 3500 ISO. FYI this Deadpool pve I will end in 1st place.  Tell me 14th was right. 
  • Pinko_McFly
    Pinko_McFly Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    What if they threw in another 7k ISO