Exp after clearance level 125 - will it be stored for when the cap is raised?

Comments

• Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Even if the CL doesn't go up, some sort of "next bonus" counter should be present.  

The target is whatever the level 124-125 XP amount was, and every time you hit that that, you get the level 124 bonus ISO.  Those little XP popups were nice.  I miss them.

Not having that feels like the difference between making progress on the ISO deficit, and spinning your wheels with new character champing and 2* and 3* farming.  It's something like an extra 7,500 - 10,000 ISO a day equivalent that you don't get anymore when at the cap.  That adds up fast.

Right now, there (might be) no reason for us to green-check nodes if we're not competing for placement, and this encourages hoarding of tokens in case that XP is wasted.
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    I don't get why there is a cap at all but while there is one it should be set way above 125 so people have something to strive for.  The people hitting the cap now aren't mega whales who hit the precious caps a day after the cap was raised they are 'just' dedicated players not sure telling them they have hit an endgame situation is great for long term health.

Unfortunately the entire introduction of Shield Rank and Clearance levels has been a massive missed opportunity as far as I am concerned - to low a required rank to compete in SCL8, way to small increments in rewards between SCLs and no badges or external signalling of a players shield rank means once you unlock whatever rank you need to be SCL8 eligible - presumably like 10 or something? :) - it's just about a periodic boost of ISO.

But we are all ISO addicts so stop us having to go cold turkey at 125 and "RAISE THE CAP"
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just reached shield rank 124. New  shield ranks and cls soon please... Just let me get that 100k iso first. :) 
  • Darknes21
    Darknes21 Posts: 321 Mover and Shaker
    Thank you D3 please keep the CL capped at 125 a little longer! I'm only at 101 and need to catch up to all these "soft-capper" pve players.  Thank you for finally fixing scaling in pve, I should be caught up in a few weeks now! 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Darknes21 said:
    Thank you D3 please keep the CL capped at 125 a little longer! I'm only at 101 and need to catch up to all these "soft-capper" pve players.  Thank you for finally fixing scaling in pve, I should be caught up in a few weeks now! 

That's a very weird statement since it's mostly hardcore dual players that are at the cap or close to it.
    Haven't seen someone who isn't running champed 5s say they're stuck yet.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    I vaguely recall someone else mentioning this idea so I'm not taking credit, but as a reward for reaching lv 125+, how about "new game plus" mode?  You keep your roster and the "+" next to your name allows you access to all clearance levels.  Your rank resets to 1 and you reset the prologue with higher scaled enemies and better rewards.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Calnexin said:
    I vaguely recall someone else mentioning this idea so I'm not taking credit, but as a reward for reaching lv 125+, how about "new game plus" mode?  You keep your roster and the "+" next to your name allows you access to all clearance levels.  Your rank resets to 1 and you reset the prologue with higher scaled enemies and better rewards.
    But part of the boost of levelling when you start the game new comes from opening tokens, rostering people and levelling them up and such. How are you meant to gain meaningful experience when you already have a full roster?

Also, who would purposefully **** themselves by choosing the "Fewer rewards, harder difficulty" option?
  • AlexxKats
    AlexxKats Posts: 99 Match Maker
    #SummonBrigbyAllLimitedCharactersRecruitedNo@
    Do we have any news about Life After Shield Rank 125?
    Winter is Coming and many closing that rank will be opening their hoards to prepare for the new battles.

Also if you're asking them, should we also ask for cl9???

Pleeeeaaaaaaasssseeeeeeeee?
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby I have a maxed Yelena, champed Dino and Howard, plus twice champed Bagman with a duplicate in the works. Going to hit the magic rank 125 tonight. New shield ranks pretty pretty please? And cl9 too if you can wrangle it. :) 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    YOU HAVE PROVEN YOUR WORTH TO SUMMON ME! :p

In all seriousness though, I have brought up the topic of not just max rank 125, but also SCL9 as well. While I don't have any communicable information right now, the team will be evaluating and investigating to see how these concerns can be addressed. 
    I sure hope this was just poor wording but this wording makes it sounds like it's not even on their radar to get SCL 9 and ranks above 125... 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    broll said:
    Brigby said:

In all seriousness though, I have brought up the topic of not just max rank 125, but also SCL9 as well. While I don't have any communicable information right now, the team will be evaluating and investigating to see how these concerns can be addressed. 
    I sure hope this was just poor wording but this wording makes it sounds like it's not even on their radar to get SCL 9 and ranks above 125... 
    It is on their radar. I just don't have any more information to share beyond "they know about it, and they'll be looking into it."
  • broll
    Brigby said:
    broll said:
    Brigby said:

It is on their radar. I just don't have any more information to share beyond "they know about it, and they'll be looking into it."
    Good to hear, that was my hope.  Thanks for the clarification.  You blew me... you filled me up.... ugh... the balloon thing was a bad idea...
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    How about now? Great stuff with CL9 finally being released... but where are we with the XP wall? I don't even remember what XP is anymore...
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    broll said:
    Brigby said:

I don't even know what's to look into here.

Raise the max to 3000 or something, give out 30k ISO for every level, 50k for every 25, done.

It's not rocket science.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:
    Brigby said:
    broll said:
    Brigby said:

Raise the max to 3000 or something, give out 30k ISO for every level, 50k for every 25, done.

It's not rocket science.
    Presumably they don't want the gap between "average" players and max players to spiral out of control, although, given that the SR gating they've introduced thus far is at very low ranks (SR 65 for SCL 9, most recently) I'm not really sure why that would matter.
  • broll
    Bowgentle said:
    Brigby said:
    broll said:
    Brigby said:

It's not rocket science.
    Take the comment with a grain of salt.  That was just over a month ago and supposively they weren't looking into SCL9 and now we have it.  I would be shocked if it took less than a month to get the changes made to support SCL9.  They were working on it, they just don't tell Brigby anything they don't want us to know.
  • MaskedMan
    MaskedMan Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    I see a few problems here.

1) If the point of Shield levels was to determine levels for events, they have a LOT of levels to define yet before they get to 125.  If that is what they are for then there is no reason to ever raise them.

2) One of the best things about shield levels is that they help newer players get strong line-ups faster by giving them extra ISO.  Players at 125 aren't exactly desperate for playable characters. (or at least one hopes they aren't).  This game has VERY few things to help newer players.  I imagine they must get tired of playing Deadpool after a while.

3) If they track your progress beyond 125 and raise the level to say 150 then the day after they raise the cap you will likely be at the new cap and complaining when are they going to raise the cap again.

Just accept things as they are and if they change they do.  Whatever happens won't make someone happy, and someone else won't understand why it was done and another person will quit the game over it.  And that is without even knowing what the change is.

There are good arguments for anything (except for the things I personally don't like LOL) so all you can do is try and roll with whatever happens and don't expect anything.
  • SpringSoldier
    SpringSoldier Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Raising the cap would help, but I think considering the ISO requirement for champing 5*, above level 125, players should get 2-3000 ISO per day, along daily resupply and alliance bonus.
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    I'm at 118 right now and have stopped opening most tokens (except for event tokens) as I hope to slow my climb toward 125 until the cap is extended. I'm hoping they raise it as part of the anniversary. That would be worth celebrating!