Exp after clearance level 125 - will it be stored for when the cap is raised?

Options
Akari
Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
More and more people are approaching level 125 now, and the burning question is, should I be hoarding tokens until level increase in case the exp is not stored? Will it be stored? Will the level cap increase? And what's that smell??

I don't think there were more than a handful of people at 100 when the level cap was raised the last time, so I don't have anyone to ask about precedent... so I was wondering if I could get a semi-official answer on this!

Comments

• Dotproduct
    Dotproduct Posts: 217 Tile Toppler
    Options
    How did they calculate the XP levels last time they introduced the clearance levels? Perhaps they already knew how many tokens every one of us had opened until that point? I'm sure there is a running tally stored with our profile if only for combating against cheating and hacks. They could use that again?
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    How did they calculate the XP levels last time they introduced the clearance levels? Perhaps they already knew how many tokens every one of us had opened until that point? I'm sure there is a running tally stored with our profile if only for combating against cheating and hacks. They could use that again?
    When they were first introduced with a cap of 100, we were given an aggregate of all our possible exp earned up that point and given levels up to a hard cap of level 65. Even if you had possibly earned more than that, it was erased at that moment. The cap was then raised to 125, but I don't know if anything you opened after 100 was saved in the system to give you levels immediately on cap raise - not enough people were there at that point.

I actually just hit level 125 like 20 minutes ago, so I guess I'll be waiting and seeing...
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I hope it gets raised before the end of the year as I keep getting closer to the wall..... But with the speed D3 moves on these things I doubt it.....
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited August 2017
    Options
    It was fine to calculate initially since you can kind of rely on the roster and probably a hidden token counter. However, unless these are timestamp, you won't be able to differentiate what was earned before and after. 

The onky way way it could work is if there was an internal xp counter behind the scenes. 
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Pongie said:
    It was fine to calculate initially since you can kind of rely on the roster and probably a hidden token counter. However, unless these are timestamp, you won't be able to differentiate what was earned before and after. 

The onky way way it could work is if there was an internal xp counter behind the scenes. 
    Whenever they talk about dealing with cheaters (I know, I know) they mention rolling back their rosters to before the cheated. That implies they keep some track of where our rosters are at a certain point, no? I doubt it's meticulous or that counts every mission or token opened, but I would think they'd have some idea.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pongie said:

They already store at least two values: experience acquired, and reward level collected.  You can go up a few shield ranks without collecting the reward if you want, and not miss out on anything.

What I think happened last time was they kept track of experience acquired past level 100, and then let people collect the rewards they were due after the cap was increased to 125.  Presumably the same thing will happen next time.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    To answer your last question, it's just the toaster.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've been stuck for 5 weeks now.
    Please raise the cap ASAP.
    Thanks.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jamesh said:

What I think happened last time was they kept track of experience acquired past level 100, and then let people collect the rewards they were due after the cap was increased to 125.  Presumably the same thing will happen next time.
    Honestly I don't think we will get credit for wasted battles and covers.  As you mentioned,  you always saw the +xp, for battles, covers etc.. regardless if you accepted your rank bonus or not.  But R125 players don't see any messages related to XP.  

Sure there might be a hidden counter, but all the other process that showed xp  don't seem to be advancing.  I'd love to be wrong.  but I'm sorta resigned to no more shield ranks.

Can we finally get a red name comment on whats going on with the rank cap?
  • Carnifexx
    Carnifexx Posts: 110 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm with Bowgentle. I've been locked at 125 and I really miss the iso. Babirino has some slick ideas, but I'd just like to know if the developers plan to address this at all. Brigby can we get a "news coming soon" or even "they told me to go tinykitty myself and I don't think that's possible!" Just to get a feel to where their heads are at.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I believe I saw something a while back about the game no longer tracking XP after 125, but I can't find it now, or recall for sure.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Carnifexx said:
    I'm with Bowgentle. I've been locked at 125 and I really miss the iso. Babirino has some slick ideas, but I'd just like to know if the developers plan to address this at all. Brigby can we get a "news coming soon" or even "they told me to go tinykitty myself and I don't think that's possible!" Just to get a feel to where their heads are at.
    If you wanna summon the mighty Brigster, make an offering to Mephisto and scrawl an @ sign on the wall with ink made from 30 ground up TU boosters.

@Brigby hey, y'all know you smell just gorgeous today, right? Any info to give this thread? I'll be your bestest friend foreverest.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There should be some sort of bonus for people who hit 125 xp, such as double ISO.

I'm personally way down at 105, so I have a while to go (at least 5 months... it's particularly slow, now that I'm hoarding). But there should be a reward for hitting 125, not a punishment.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Levels should be infinite... its the only think that makes re-championing valuable and at least a bit profitable.
  • LordXberk
    LordXberk Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    edited August 2017
    Options
    What comes first?

1) They bump the 125 cap
    2) They open up CL9 rewards
    3) We get 6*
    4) Skynet takes over
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    LordXberk said:
    What comes first?

1) They bump the 125 cap
    2) They open up CL9 rewards
    3) We get 6*
    4) Skynet takes over
    Definitely skynet......
  • Chipster22
    Chipster22 Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    mpqr7 said:
    There should be some sort of bonus for people who hit 125 xp, such as double ISO.

I'm personally way down at 105, so I have a while to go (at least 5 months... it's particularly slow, now that I'm hoarding). But there should be a reward for hitting 125, not a punishment.
    It might only take a 20-25% bonus rate to make up for the missing ISO for those over 125 if my math is right.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:Don't forget you also need to have at least one cover of each of the Limited characters recruited, in order to be deemed worthy. /joke
    And that's why you replied to my comment so quickly =)

Thanks for the reply, dude. You rock!