Exp after clearance level 125 - will it be stored for when the cap is raised?

Options
13»

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    rixmith said:
    I'm at 118 right now and have stopped opening most tokens (except for event tokens) as I hope to slow my climb toward 125 until the cap is extended. I'm hoping they raise it as part of the anniversary. That would be worth celebrating!
    Not sure why you would want to slow your advancement.  Isn't there a 100,000 ISO bonus each time you hit whatever the cap is?  I would think hitting that would be worthwhile.  Ideally you'd want to hit as close to when they raise the cap as possible, but since that's not predictable I would be concerned with getting it at all.  I'm at 102 and not optimistic I will hit it before they raise the cap again (assuming they do at all).
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Anyone remember the Ice Cube song "Greed"? I thought it was great. So there's a few root issues here? 

1) Players want to see rank go up, because its a status symbol.
    2) Players at 125 want more ranks, because they want the ISO bonus.

Question: What if MPQ decided the amount of ISO given out up to 125 is all they want to part with? Are you willing to acquire XP and increase rank, if there is no more ISO associated with it?

Maybe that's the real hold up. They could easily get rid of the cap, but they're not willing to give out rewards for each level any more (other than status), and they need to decide if they'd rather deal with the backlash of not raising the cap or the backlash of not associating it with rewards after 125. 

Oh, I've got a great poll idea!
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Beer40 said:
    Anyone remember the Ice Cube song "Greed"? I thought it was great. So there's a few root issues here? 

1) Players want to see rank go up, because its a status symbol.
    2) Players at 125 want more ranks, because they want the ISO bonus.

Question: What if MPQ decided the amount of ISO given out up to 125 is all they want to part with? Are you willing to acquire XP and increase rank, if there is no more ISO associated with it?

Maybe that's the real hold up. They could easily get rid of the cap, but they're not willing to give out rewards for each level any more (other than status), and they need to decide if they'd rather deal with the backlash of not raising the cap or the backlash of not associating it with rewards after 125. 

Oh, I've got a great poll idea!
    I'd rather the opposite.  ISO without levels at cap, I detailed in your poll thread.  Too lazy to copy and paste it here :-p