**** Professor X (Charles Xavier) ****

1333435363739»

Comments

• Jexman
    Jexman Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    simonsez wrote:
    Jexman wrote:
    Advice on Prof X: how high should I level him? Mine's at 5-2-1, at level 140, could take him to 172. But for synergy with other chars it seems like many soft-cap him. Where should I stop with him for now?
    Depends on your GSBW. You want her purple to be higher than his blue.

MY GSBW is at 191 so her purple is at 82. My Prof X is at 130, but buffed his blue is also at 82. So I suppose I've got him at the right level!
  • why the hell do i take dmg from elektra in his titanfight when invisible?

both, her red AND her black do dmg to me.
  • OneLungDave
    OneLungDave Posts: 72 Match Maker
    why the hell do i take dmg from elektra in his titanfight when invisible?

both, her red AND her black do dmg to me.
    He's taking damage from most non-AOE attacks while invisible now. Clearly another bug.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Since the latest patch, all damage-dealing powers appear to be treated as AOEs for purposes of triggering passive abilities. Invisibility doesn't work (since it only blocks ST attacks), ditto Thing's yellow, and Quake's passive, which reduces damage from AOEs, now reduces damage from all powers.
  • Can you guys help me out, shouldve done this earlier, i have about 10 hrs left to recruit Peggy Carter Capt. , Proffesor X, and Black Bolt, should i use money to but enough slots for each one, i only have enough slots for one
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can you guys help me out, shouldve done this earlier, i have about 10 hrs left to recruit Peggy Carter Capt. , Proffesor X, and Black Bolt, should i use money to but enough slots for each one, i only have enough slots for one

This sorta depends on your existing roster. If you are saying you have single covers of those three chars.

Then I would prioritize:

peggy : she's part of the top tier 4* meta. She is a priority for everyone

PX: great character but is somewhat niche oriented. When boosted he is a beast. He's also great in wave modes where he can hide and buff tiles indefinitely. That said if there are no special tiles out, he's near useless.

Black bolt is a terrific 5*, but really he's only part of the 5* meta as in, he works best when he's powering up charged tiles for other big powers.
  • Nepenthe
    Nepenthe Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    IceIX wrote:
    Professor X (Charles Xavier) icon_professorx.png
    4 Star Rarity (Legendary) Wiki Link
    At Max Level: HP: 9590 Tile Damage: 64/11/82/73/10/10/3.5x

Anyone know if those match damage numbers are still accurate? My level 190 Prof X is at 81 blue damage already, so it seems like by 270 he'd be over what this post says. Wondering how much more I can level him before he passes my champed GSBW for top damaging color.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nepenthe wrote:
    IceIX wrote:

Anyone know if those match damage numbers are still accurate? My level 190 Prof X is at 81 blue damage already, so it seems like by 270 he'd be over what this post says. Wondering how much more I can level him before he passes my champed GSBW for top damaging color.

I don't have a champed Professor X specifically, but a champed 4* I have at 271 has damage values of 85/74/65/13/12/11 for the six colors. If the values from the original post aren't exact, they're pretty close to what a Lv 270 Prof X would have. I believe when they adjusted the cost of leveling 3* & 4* characters a year or so ago, the damage really flat-lined between ~200 & 270, but I could be mis-remembering things.
  • Wilger
    Wilger Posts: 94 Match Maker
    Nepenthe wrote:
    IceIX wrote:

just champed mine after seeing the above infoi, Whelp icon_eek.gif Tile Damage: 65/13/85/74/12/11/3.5x

so **** his Blue is too high as my GreySuitBW is only 84
  • steakleather
    steakleather Posts: 121 Tile Toppler
    Professor could use a boost to his tile strength. I have him at level 279, and at 5 strength his yellow makes tiles of strength 77, 56, and 85.

I know his pink has the power to strengthen these, but sheesh, in the current meta those initial values are laughable.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Professor could use a boost to his tile strength. I have him at level 279, and at 5 strength his yellow makes tiles of strength 77, 56, and 85.

I know his pink has the power to strengthen these, but sheesh, in the current meta those initial values are laughable.
    He makes them for free every time an ability is fired...   They can't start at strenght 500 or something like that, he'd be ridiculously strong.

And yes, the tile boosting makes up for it, pink at 5 covers boosts 4 tiles per match he makes by ~270. That goes up very very quickly with a minor cascade in his colors.
  • AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker

I haven't read the whole thread, but since it's pretty old and I recently played around with champed ProfX, I thought I'd drop some more modern 4* teams with him in here that don't require him to be unchamped.

1. First, a team I've posted in the latest fun teams thread, a variaton on Charlie's Angels:
      Works with the highest color being purple, which champed 4* Nightcrawler provides as long as he's higher level than the Professor.

@AlexR said:
    [...] Champed 4* Prof X recently and am currently amusing myself with a variation of an old classic-- let's call them Charlie's Night-Angels.

4* Prof X/Nightcrawler/3* SWitch, with Nightcrawler having the highest level.

Pretty straight-forward. SWitch tints the board purple until Nightcrawler can start BAMF-teleporting around the purple board. Every 5* match Nightcrawler makes gives more purple AP and damage via the Professor. The additional purple can keep Nightcrawler supplied for a good while, even when he finally cascades the purple off the board.

Then we've got:

1. Deathlok / 4* Riri / Prof X
      Works with the highest color being blue, which either Riri or Professor X can provide if they have the strongest color.

The idea is that Deathlook feeds Riri blue/red so she can spam her kit (her blue in particular). Her blue feeds her red and has good cascade potential, procc'ing Prof X to give her more blue AP and do damage on top of it. With the ability spam, Prof X also gets to make lots of tiles.

It's pretty effective, though how much Prof X gets to contribute in terms of his passive somewhat depends on luck. Riri's blue has a decent chance of making 5-matches, but certainly doesn't always. Either way though, spam-y 4* Riri is a powerhouse.

And last but not least:

1. Karnak/Vulture/ProfX
      After a few turns, Karnak will get the strongst color (=black) either way, so strongest color doesn't really matter here.

Karnak's actives - his red especially - is pretty good at setting up 5-matches to proc Prof X with!

Problem is, that results in black AP. So you gotta pair them with someone whose strongest color is 1) stronger than Karnak's and red (would have to be a 5* ...) or 2) convert black to red/blue somehow. Vulture takes the black and goes flying indefinitely, feeding the AP back into Karnak's actives, which works out to the same.