Update to Heroes for Hire (6/23/17) *Updated (6/26/17)

Comments

• Style55
    Style55 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    edited June 2017
    HfH v1: Hey let's have a way for everyone to get characters(coverage) they need and make it remotely affordable (if 2600 was your offer)

HfH v2: Hey let's make it so everyone can get characters(coverage) they need with increased cost and say it's even better than what we're replacing. Ya!

HfH v3: Hey so let's make a complete overhaul of the current system, make it even worse, a real mean revision and tout it as an improvement when it's really leaving many players without character insurance! You're going to win so much you get tired of winning!

Sorry, I couldn't  help myself and loosely politicizing this. 
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm gonna need more popcorn.

Both because I don't have enough to fully take advantage of the heat this decision is going to generate, and because this can't possibly end anyway but popcorn-worthy.
  • Platty616
    Platty616 Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Another 'great' idea forcing players to pay is it? 
    You have implemented some terrible features lately, this is just another stupid one and I honestly don't know why I'm surprised.
  • IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    I can't remember the last time one of these announcements didn't make the game worse. Please listen to us and spend your valuable time making changes that people want and make the game better
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm flabbergasted.
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    Heroes for hire was just bad as it was.....now it will been even worse! :s
  • StreetPreacher
    StreetPreacher Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Bowgentle said:
    The only way this would make any sense is if the frequency of crashes is increased.
    Otherwise this is an extremely bizarre design decision.
    Daily Crashes. I'm sold on the idea!
  • orbitalint
    orbitalint Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    I've never been a fan of HfH as 3600 is too expensive in my book given I remember the ability to straight buy covers for 2500hp back in the day, you know, when there were 4 of them, not 40... Weird how their economy makes them more expensive when there are more of them...

Back on point, this had to be an ok revenue source for them and it makes no sense to scale back by this much from that perspective. They threw out good game design and went for monetization over the last year... So, why implement a change that benefits neither player or dev in the short or long term? Baffling.

Only possibility to me is that they weren't selling as many of these as they hoped for revenue and the bean counters said they opened up the availability of 4* too much for their long term liking even with the decreased sales. Like how the latest 12 has obviously hastened fully covered 4* and they literally have a metric of total % of player base with x number of complete 4*'s that they have to keep below y% regardless of vaulted or not or something. Double baffling if this is even remotely true.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    The store was overpriced as it was, and now it just became even more stupid. 

What is Friday afternoon in the D3 offices? Everyone gather around the table and brainstorm the most ridiculous ideas ever and the dumbest gets implemented into the game? How do you guys keep managing to come up with so many insane decisions?  
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    If this is an idea made to increase the sales rate, they will be higly disappointed
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    you guys just never disappoint. 
    if there is something that doesn't need a change you just don't care. 
    players can count on that. 
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    WEBGAS said:
    Heroes for hire was just bad as it was.....now it will been even worse! :s
    Definitely this! Now I have to wait a few months for the only cover I would ever considered buying for that price (TA Hulk black, the only power in 4* tier which I´m still stuck at only one cover).
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Wut? Someone actually buys that after you raised price from 2500 to 3600 (i never had 2500 option so whatever)?
    Better decrease the price and allow us to buy all 4*s, or change Titan daily completely, instead of limited time offers. With more and more 4*s released, this feature will be more and more pointless.
  • tfcrazy1980
    tfcrazy1980 Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    This just reinforce's my decision to throttle back lately, i havent actually bought anything in awhile and probably never will now, their tedious attempts at cash grabs are just blatant, its pretty apparant they do not listen to players(but yet want feedback?), im on day 1026 now and i dont intend on quitting but have reduced my play time drastically, if they run this game into the ground, at this point i wouldnt care, cant wait for the next big reveal.....
  • Frustrated1
    Frustrated1 Posts: 68 Match Maker
    They should just charge people to play the game daily and be done with it.  It would be more transparent and honest. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    I don't care much because the store was poorly priced. This takes it from bad to absolutely awful. This may now be the worst change of 2017 (and that's saying something almost every major change has been bad). 

Seriously guys, whoever took over down there is doing an awful job and needs to be replaced.