.15% of mobile gamers account for 50% of all in-game revenue

Options
2»

Comments

• I think most of us (especially those of us on this forum) would agree that just for the sheer amount of time we've dedicated to the game it is worth the price of any game on a console. But D3 doesn't want $40-60. They want hundreds. And sadly some people are ok with forking it over. What I find funny and ironic about some of the rationale above is that people are willing to pay money for a game to save time actually playing the game. The game also isn't really that "fun" to play. It's simply dangles a delicious digital carrot in front of our noses that feeds the OCD mentality of most gamers. And just when you reach that carrot, they stick out another, and another, and another. And we're compelled to continue. The other bad part about all of it was also mentioned above. Due to the poor scaling those people that did invest the worth of 7 lattes or a pull box's worth of comics on a weekly basis are still struggling and having the same frustrations as the people who have payed little or nothing. And the real kicker is we all win THE SAME REWARDS!

As a side note I just noticed the person who keeps passing me in the BP Tourney has a maxed X-Wolvie, Mags, Hood, Hulk, Punisher, Doom, Rags, BW, Wolvie, Daken, (Ironically no BP) and the list goes on. I'll go ahead and give him and early congratulations as I doubt I'll be able to keep up with that onslaught. But I ask, we're still playing the same game, matching the same tiles, collecting the same rewards. Is it more fun because you have (just about) everything? Or does simply having everything satiate you enough and provide a pleasurable experience?
  • I haven't spent any money on this game for myself. However, my wife and son have spent close to $70 combined. I do play a lot and have been successful in acquiring covers. I'm hurting for ISO and would really like some black hulk covers, but I'll earn them eventually.

Sadly, I have a few Xbox360 games I'd really like to play, but I find myself playing MPQ more than anything else, so I probably will drop some money on this game soon to get those black Hulk covers icon_e_smile.gif And this would be the first F2P game I spent money on.

EDIT: I'd also like to add that I really liked the first Puzzle Quest, but PQ2 wasn't nearly as good. I miss some of the options that PQ had like crafting and pets. The prologue in MPQ is too short. It would be nice if they added episodes that aren't likely to be rerun as events to the main story with mission rewards similar to the prologue. Maybe more 2* or 3* covers could be obtained now that there a lot of characters in the game.
  • I probably spend $20 a month for shields. (a bit more this month since I made a run at top3 in elite tourney)

I don't like paying for covers (so far just 5th blue spidey and 5th black hulk) as 1250 is pretty steep and I have little trouble placing top 5 for rewards.

Blew a $50 itunes gift card on iso when the 2x sale happened over v-day. Still a rip-off, but I wanted to beef up my team for next elite event.

I can understand why people don't want to spend cash, but for the cost of two lunches a month I can play this game as much as I want (God bless ya Spidey) progress as far up the ladder as I care to climb and can shield to preserve my hard work. Makes the game a lot less stressful and enjoyable for me.

Even in my most crack addicted COD Black Ops days, I never logged the kind of hours I am playing this game. Living in Manhattan, you spend $20 stepping outside your door... Keeping me on my couch playing MPQ instead of at the bar buying $7 beers is probably saving me money in the long run.
  • The problem with console games is they are less portable and are more difficult to make time for. I don't feel like I'm going to lose track of time with MPQ. When given 15 minutes, I can play a few rounds.