6 or more vampires? And other Arena thoughts

Options
13»

Comments

• AngelForge
    AngelForge Posts: 325 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I still like the vampire objective! That lowers the chance to run into these annoying  zombie decks...
  • ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I still like the vampire objective! That lowers the chance to run into these annoying  zombie decks...
    This will all change on Tuesday in any case....
  • AngelForge
    AngelForge Posts: 325 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    But the probability to run into zombie decks could be slightly higher. ;-)
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    But the probability to run into zombie decks could be slightly higher. ;-)
    You're technically correct, the best form of being correct! But without PA /Graf Harvest /Oath of lili, it won't be that annoying.. I'm going to miss that strategie.
  • morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    Options
    not really amolost every lili 2 i have gone agaisnt had zombies so perhaps had a vamp in it like olivia but no solid vampire decks, she just cant run vampires right honestly
  • Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor
    Options
    morgue427 said:
    not really amolost every lili 2 i have gone agaisnt had zombies so perhaps had a vamp in it like olivia but no solid vampire decks, she just cant run vampires right honestly

Yep.  The last time around, I ran vampires.  Since I actually didn't achieve the "cast 6 or more" objective too many times while running vampires, I just run zombies in this event.  Don't care anymore, going casual this weekend.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Another thing: this event really demonstrates just how inadequate 'only playing event decks' is at providing level matchups. I'm not so much talking about the fact that my first game was Lilliana 2 vs Pigs and Lightning Runners.... I'm in Platinum Tier, I should be able to cope with that. But honestly I shouldn't be having to play Saheeli (total mana gains: +11) against Gideon 2 (Total mana gains: +6) and his feeble collection of Christmas stocking filler allies in the open node. The poor guy can't even play anything good like Veteran Warleader because it would end his games too quickly before he can play 6 allies.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    Options

Jace 2 Mirror match... everyone trying to play 1 or less creatures. Yawn. I'm winning, because I'm the one who owns Dynavolt Tower.

@EDHDad how are you getting on in the Jace 2 node? How's Thopter Spy Network? Are
    you losing to Ally decks that play an endless stream of Lantern Scouts and Serene Stewards?
  • UweTellkampf
    UweTellkampf Posts: 376 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I got more or less lucky facing almost only event decks which seemed to be made to match the objectives. Lost one once more due to a crash and one with Lily 2 against a Garruk deck running the Bacon and Ghea's revenge. I really like this format though. It seems that the most people are really into it for solving all objectives too, and those games are fun. If the awards were just a bit juicier this would be my favorite event, and I say that despite of strange management in terms of objectives
  • UweTellkampf
    UweTellkampf Posts: 376 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Yea, I really don't get the value of enraged. It is just obnoxious and not as if the games were too long anyway.