6 or more vampires? And other Arena thoughts

Options

Comments

• Lagartha
    Lagartha Posts: 186 Tile Toppler
    Options
    For the most part, I think this event has been okay on objectives until now. Last time L2 was used, her objective was zombies. Tezzeret was supports, Sarkhan was dragons. 
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    EDHdad said:
    Something something you wouldn't want to play with the same boring decks.  Something something
    Something something
  • hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Lagartha said:
    For the most part, I think this event has been okay on objectives until now. Last time L2 was used, her objective was zombies. Tezzeret was supports, Sarkhan was dragons. 
    how is summon 6 vampires l2 worse than
    summon 6 dragons sarkhan?

HH
  • span_argoman
    span_argoman Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Also, is it just me or are the brackets for Arena 3,000 people instead of 500 like it is supposed to be? My coalition member joined and was at rank 2,800.

Anyone else notice this?
  • gruntface
    gruntface Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It's almost as if this event has a bug.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Also, is it just me or are the brackets for Arena 3,000 people instead of 500 like it is supposed to be? My coalition member joined and was at rank 2,800.

Anyone else notice this?
    Perhaps they really don't have the resources as a company to fix issues with events? Maybe Not.Another.Dime is starting to bite? If that's the case, then hopefully they'll spend a little more time in the future on reasons why people might want to spend money on the game, and a little less on systems that allow them to.
  • PhoenixRisen
    PhoenixRisen Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Options

Anyone else notice this?
    Similar result. Joined with 1708 participants.
  • THEMAGICkMAN
    THEMAGICkMAN Posts: 697 Critical Contributor
    Options
    gruntface said:
    It's almost as if this event has a bug.
    Squash the bug!!! 
  • Lagartha
    Options
    hawkyh1 said:
    Lagartha said:

HH
    Because Sarkhans ability actually USES dragons. L2s ability uses zombies, not vampires. I'm not saying it's any easier, just actually works with what the walker was designed to do. 
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I almost always use skill 1 exclusively anyway. 

Her other skills always feel like win more skills. 
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,936 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    At least they didn't make us summon Dragons with her. 
  • THEMAGICkMAN
    THEMAGICkMAN Posts: 697 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Shhhh don't give them ideas!! Although a caterpillar objective would be pretty sweet. Caustic caterpillar FTW. 
  • hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Lagartha said:
    hawkyh1 said:
    Lagartha said:

HH
    Because Sarkhans ability actually USES dragons. L2s ability uses zombies, not vampires. I'm not saying it's any easier, just actually works with what the walker was designed to do. 

zombies comes in hordes, dragons come as
    individual powerful creatures. summoning 6
    dragons just feels wrong.

HH
  • James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Dragons was pretty bad considering there are just 6 total possible.  3 of which are mythics, and 3 of which are rares.  If dragon tokens counted it becomes slightly easier, but still challenging.

I got 6 vampires with lili2 a few times.  That wasn't bad.  There are a ton of options there.  It clearly wasn't really meant for her to be in that node, though.

The bigger issue was the big brackets when placement awards were only set for the expected 500-pool.  80+% of participants got no placement (500 out of ~3k brackets, leaving ~2500 in the rankings void).
  • Lagartha
    Options
    hawkyh1 said:
    Lagartha said:
    hawkyh1 said:
    Lagartha said:

HH

zombies comes in hordes, dragons come as
    individual powerful creatures. summoning 6
    dragons just feels wrong.

HH
    Again... not arguing that the objective was better in any way, shape or form... just saying that it made more sense because it matches what the walker was built for. I personally liked the vampires better than the dragons. >.>
  • babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    Options

Nothing was worse than Ob winning in 5 or less while casting 6 vampires...

• wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    James13 said:

The bigger issue was the big brackets when placement awards were only set for the expected 500-pool.  80+% of participants got no placement (500 out of ~3k brackets, leaving ~2500 in the rankings void).
    Yup, that was me this time. Lost every since match with Garruk to fully optimized decks for Koth and friends with zero energize and zero vehicles. Lost a few matches to Liliana decks that just seemed to rely on Olivia to do all the work. Only deck I had that actually performed was an Ajani 2 deck with vehicles. Honestly I gave up as the event stopped being fun, and I knew I had no chance of getting a prize.
  • EDHdad
    EDHdad Posts: 609 Critical Contributor
    Options
    "Cast 6 or more caterpillars using Oath of the Gatewatch" would be a pretty challenging goal.  Except I don't think the computer counts caterpillars if they've been cast using Oath of the Gatewatch.  Plus, your opponent would be playing Koth with Oliva, Emrakul and Pig.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    Options
    You know, the thing I've always liked about Arena is the variety we get every time it's run.

Not today. 4 repeats of old levels, one of which, the 6 vamp one, was just Lilly 2 having Sorin's objectives due to a bug.

Do you not even trust yourselves to alter our content just a tiny little bit any more in case it breaks?

[edit] Game 2... Tried to replace Fleshbag Marauder with a Twins of M... instant crash back to operating system. I guess maybe you can't alter things without breaking everything.
  • Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor
    Options
    shteev said:

Do you not even trust yourselves to alter our content just a tiny little bit any more in case it breaks?

Bingo!