What is your go-to PVE team?

Options
13»

Comments

• Painmonger
    Painmonger Posts: 152 Tile Toppler
    Options
    My old default when the chips are down is 4hor, Switch, IM40. Maybe yellow stockpile TU if the odds are really stacked against me. Switch green to fill in colors you're missing after the recharge, then random purple stun, Thor's blue stun on one/both of the others, then red beatdown anyone who isn't stunned. 3 turns of complete freedom & blue/red/yellow charge tiles to repeat the cycle.

A newer favorite since I got a lucky run of 4-5 Peggy covers & champed her is Peggy, Star Lord, Thing. Peggy slows them down while you get blue, red, purple in that priority. If they fire a power, great, all your stuff is cheaper! SL purple to take out special tiles, Peggy blue & Thing red to stun the whole team & build AP for another round while you wait for CDs to rain down 15k+ damage from Peggy alone. Thing green is a backup board shake & if the enemy gets off an attack that does substantial damage his yellow kicks in. 
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    Options
    A new trick in my tool box is a single Purple covered 5* Hawkeye paired with 3* Cap A & Star Lord/IM40.  In any case it's all about filling the board with countdown tiles that are being fortified and the generating extra Red & Blue to create more count down tiles that themselves generate additional Red and/or blue.

IM accelerates a little better than SL, but star Lord's passive can drop the cost of Cap's Blue and Red to the point that they are net profit AP wise.  Permanently stunning the opposing team while the board is full of count down tiles.  If the victims include a goon you can leave them unstunned when SL is out to keep those lower AP costs a little longer as well.
  • karlosdj
    karlosdj Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Options
    For me its HB or 4*lopsy /3*DrStrange (not yet build a decent 5* version)/3* Thanos for pure passive monster damage with HB or Lopsy for direct damage and then the strange for passive damage come trickle heals with thanos there purely for courting death on killing a enemy can quick clear especially pve where mobs are dropping tiles fast.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    With Wasp and Peggy boosted this week, I'm teaming them up with Carol.  Even with my 5* scaling, these gals are making short work of everyone.  Probably a little slow for PvP, but in PvE they kick plenty of rear end.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,114 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Peggy Boosted is crazy. I've been using Her, IM40 and RHulk. Since most people are also using a purple/green user with this pair, Rhulk drains their green. Get recharge off, stun everyone but the weakest person on their team, and then Ultimate Soldier them. If you've got enough green to MEGA-HAMMER, that's even better.

Without boosts, I've found 4-star Blade, 4-star Cyclops, and Prof X to be a fun Rainbow team. Cyclops helps to accelerate Blade's Bloodlust, and his generally cheap abilities help activate Prof X's passive. This is one of the few teams where you might want Cyclops's yellow at 5 rather than his red, as that extra red will help prolong Bloodlust. It can hit Invisible enemies (or at least, it could prior to the latest patch...not sure if that changed or not) so even that Prof X with his tile in the corner isn't safe.
  • mrb
    mrb Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Thanos and two convenient meatbags.
  • Shin Tenma
    Shin Tenma Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options
    For the first three I use Luke C4ge, Iron Fi3t, and Doctor 3trange. I focus my attention on any active characters letting Dr. Strange's blue tear em up as the countdown tiles start while Iron Fist's attack tile relentlessly beats them down. Most of the time I've won before I've got enough AP to use any powers.

For the second three it depends upon whether the enemies are active characters or passive characters.

Active: Peggy Carter, St4r-Lord, IM40. Combining the acceleration offered by St4r-Lord and IM40 and then focusing on the lowest Health enemy first it's almost a no-brainer.

Passive: Luke C4ge, Wasp, and Professor X. Luke Cage fills the board with the defense tiles while I build up purple and yellow. Swap the defense tiles to strike tiles, Prof-X passives a matched set of 3 tiles, and I now I'm dumping 3k+ a turn on them.
  • Impaxcible1
    Impaxcible1 Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I'm not big on the 4* yet, but 

I either use Strange/IM40/Carol, KK or Cyclops or Luke Cage, IF and Blade 
  • spudzo0
    spudzo0 Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I'm loving pairing bullseye 3* with thanos and any one else who doesn't take away from bulls eyes matches. Works ok with strange except that stranges passive tends to eliminate goons to fast to get contract killer off. However; if you do get contract killer off once, you add an extra 1500 or so damage to court death, which is already nuts as it is. Usually once the first guy is downed by bullseye the rest are down in one or two turns after. 
  • KROPPE
    KROPPE Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Options
    mrb said:
    Thanos and two convenient meatbags.
    Strange is one of my meatbags. 

Strange/Thanos on a team is as close to "autoplay" as you can get.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    C4rol, Wasp, and 3strange is my favorite new team when a goon is present. Goonless, I replace strange with peggy.

Nothing like doing 5000 damage on a match 3 or 3strange ' s passive hitting for several thousand.