Options
13»

Comments

• ApocryphicV
    ApocryphicV Posts: 118 Tile Toppler
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    Ghast wrote:
    Any plans to let us share rewards with Alliance members instead of/in addition to Facebook friends?
    Nothing planned for near term, no. That's one of my personal crusades as well. Not everyone has or wants to use Facebook after all.

Keep crusading Ice, I for one will love not to pester facebook friends and actually gift people who want it. More power to you.
  • paralistalon
    Options
    I like the idea of events where your success depends on the total points of your alliance. However, as I have experienced in other mobile rpgs like Blood Brothers, there's a lot of frustration that happens when one of your alliance mates doesn't contribute and leeches. Also, unless the scoring controls for this, the only alliances that will be competitive will be the ones that have expanded the alliance to its full size, leaving small groups of friends in a bad place. Anyways, I'm excited to see how this feature plays out!

• This is not Hello Kitty Island Adventure. Competition is what drives me in this game.

That's important. You are, after all, the only person playing this game.

This is not a necessarily competitive game. People who pick it up and play the prologue extensively might get the impression that it has an entire, well-crafted, solo-play experience built into it. They'll find out pretty soon that they're wrong, but there's still a large contingent of players who would like a game that they can play in a non-competitive fashion. It would be nice if at least something were done to satisfy those players--Alliance goals that are cooperative rather than overtly competitive could be that something.
  • I like the idea of events where your success depends on the total points of your alliance. However, as I have experienced in other mobile rpgs like Blood Brothers, there's a lot of frustration that happens when one of your alliance mates doesn't contribute and leeches. Also, unless the scoring controls for this, the only alliances that will be competitive will be the ones that have expanded the alliance to its full size, leaving small groups of friends in a bad place. Anyways, I'm excited to see how this feature plays out!

If event success depends on alliance results, then I will just recruit new players from Facebook, rack up massive points when they defeat their piddling foes, and then kick them all out after the event ends.*

*I will not do this.
  • What if you could get Alliance-boosts that means you could be able to do a Team-Up with an allied roster? That means you could use a single character from the roster of a team in your alliance for an event/tournament with their level/powers.
  • What if you could get Alliance-boosts that means you could be able to do a Team-Up with an allied roster? That means you could use a single character from the roster of a team in your alliance for an event/tournament with their level/powers.

This would encourage an interesting meta-game wherein each member of an alliance would be encouraged to develop one important character first so that the alliance team could be 3 max dudes. An interesting proposition.
  • Teke184 wrote:
    Any chance of sharing unused covers in rewards with other alliance members?

It could be a way to progress some members of the alliance along, as I can send my extra Amazing X-Men Wolverine or Modern Cap covers to a newer member who could use them when I finish in the ** area of a tournament rather than just cashing them in for a miniscule amount of ISO.

As of now, this is the number one feature I would like. If I could share my unwanted covers with my alliance-mates, it would be fantastic. I'm definitely an ISO grinders and I don't mind taking the 125 points or so, but I would love to be able to help out my other guys. As a matter of fact, a 'gift' feature in general would be great. If I could gift my extra covers or even ISO or HP so that one of my allies could buy a roster slot or something would make me happy. Such a system would even make it possible for the really top tier alliances to charge dues or something (which I would never do, but I know how serious some people take this stuff). If you guys need to monetize it you could charge a small ISO tax to exchange such gifts, much like skipping.

Just let me send my two saved OBW covers to Hailmary, please!
  • darkmagearcanis
    Options
    abuelo wrote:
    If 6 months from now we aren't in a situation where you're either in an alliance or a second class citizen I'll be amazed.

Games just cannot resist adding this ****.

This.

I have played many RPG's and everytime this turns into the focus I end up leaving the game for something else. I will try it. But if it turns into the only events that matter are if you are in an alliance I will probably bow out.
  • abuelo wrote:
    If 6 months from now we aren't in a situation where you're either in an alliance or a second class citizen I'll be amazed.

Games just cannot resist adding this ****.

This.
    Yeah, i'm not really in a rush to join one but also think I should get into something before it's too late and be penalized for it. Which is unfortunate, since I enjoy doing my own thing...
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah I'd quite like to join one, but I'd rather not join a bunch of strangers icon_e_confused.gif
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Moon 17 wrote:

This is not Hello Kitty Island Adventure. Competition is what drives me in this game.

That's important. You are, after all, the only person playing this game.

This is not a necessarily competitive game. People who pick it up and play the prologue extensively might get the impression that it has an entire, well-crafted, solo-play experience built into it. They'll find out pretty soon that they're wrong, but there's still a large contingent of players who would like a game that they can play in a non-competitive fashion. It would be nice if at least something were done to satisfy those players--Alliance goals that are cooperative rather than overtly competitive could be that something.

This is not Rupaul's Best Friend Race!

(No real point or agenda or argument here other than to drop an RPDR reference.)
  • V1rusHunter
    V1rusHunter Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    Options
    An in-game chat is definitely required. Just tried to find the alliance members and they aren't using the same name or don't participate here. Moreover, the regular search bar only looks for posts with usernames that have posted. This is not going to be obvious to everyone. It's also a reason why I'm making this post (my first) so I can be found. icon_e_smile.gif

A true alliance should work together and major criticism will come when other members have useless covers that another person has. My opinion is that this should occur before starting any alliance related event bonuses or event. It will give people a reason to join alliances for a more social aspect rather than a true competitive. The problem with the new ISO conversion is that people might not want to part with covers if they are trying to level up some serious characters. This can be counteracted by creating a swap system. Send a cover but the donee requests either a nominal amount (e.g. 10 ISO), a max amount of the current cover's worth (e.g. 2* cover can request up to 250 ISO), or somewhere in between. The trade should be publicized to the entire alliance to reinforce that this good social thing is happening and so that any member who is being ignored knows it and can decide to leave the group or ask for help.

The one downside I see to this is if the top tier guys in the alliance start demanding covers from people. For example, someone having mainly 1* ranked up, some 2* barely ranked, and almost no 3*. If this person gets a 3*, they have some real decisions to make. Do they give it to the top guys who might need it, or hold onto it themselves. From an alliance perspective, having a finished 3* in another members roster means the alliance can be that much more competitive. What it comes down to is when does the lower tier person start building up their 3*? It could take months to round out someone's 3* depending on the overall playing of the alliance. Things to think about.

Would love to hear reactions from the dev team and ICEIX.

- V1rusHunter