Thanos Boss Event: Come and Get Me * Updated (4/27/17)

Comments

• Silverblade
    Silverblade Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Destruction through Storm's or Groot's green do not count. That is certain. It certainly works through line destruction.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm still using combo I recommended earlier in this thread: IW and Eletrka. I added Rhulk for the later for his healthpack AND his purple power.

Match starts, if I'm down health from previous fight, I try to match yellow gem, otherwise it's always the blue gem. With 30 AP, every color is super useful except Blue (but can bubble Infinity purple CD) and Red (but I can steal with this power). With 30 yellow, I can safely stay invisible the entire match, I wait until the Gauntlet is about to explode and I use yellow. With 30 black, I can match black/purple to have Eletrka take the Gauntlet hit for no damage. With 30 green, I can use IWs green nuke 3 times for the win (near win later Rds). With 30 purple, I can use Rhulk to give IW mass amounts of green for the (near) win.

I have not lost yet and I do not plan to ;)

However I must say that this is the first event that players are actually using a number of combinations as opposed to one or two like the previous bosses so kudus to this new boss!
  • JarvisJackrabbit
    JarvisJackrabbit Posts: 232 Tile Toppler
    IM40, Quicksilver, and a lousy 0/5/0 Coulson have worked wonders so far and have active abilities in each color which is great for that blue gem's 30 AP. If it gives red for IM, black for QS, or purple for Coulson the match is pretty well wrapped up.
  • Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Wasp Kate Bishop and Devil Dino are working great for me 
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Been using Ghost Rider, Coulson, Switch, mainly cause I like countdown shenanigans and the levels aren't that hard yet. (at level 6 right now)
  • chris0001
    chris0001 Posts: 204 Tile Toppler
    Well wave nodes went from level 21-43 al the way to 323-360.  I so missed when the scaled up about 50ish levels every 8 hours.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    **** demi!?  This scaling jump after 24 hours sucks.  No one likes it.  What possible purpose does it serve?

This issue more than a year old.  Can you please fix it or explain why you want to keep it?
  • adamdivine
    adamdivine Posts: 136 Tile Toppler
    Yup, such a frequent complaint that they refuse to listen to. Why not have it scale in a linear fashion at each refresh. The jump is jarring and quite honestly they deserve all the hate that is going to come at them from here on out.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    And good will turns to hate right on cue. Good job devs, working as intended.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have to admit that this is  my favorite boss /alliance event I have played in mpq to date.
    Agreed - I love the new tiles. It's the best step yet in giving us a bit more of a puzzle element in battles. I am crossing my fingers in the hope they don't do the usual 24/48 hour boss side-node-pin scaling jump of "playful tickle/kick to the junk with steel-toed boots/Tomahawk missile to shocked, unbelieving face" and instead maybe go for "playful tickle/kick to the junk while wearing slippers/aluminum baseball bat to unprotected, mildly surprised toes, at least for the first seven rounds. 

What's the reason they can't just tie scaling to round number? I remember reading a well-thought out post detailing why that was the case, but I can't remember the reasons now. 
    Mine jumped about 150 levels on the first flip. Single nodes went from 55 to 197/198. Wave nodes went from a top level of 43 to 198.

Can't wait to see what the next flip has in store. *insert eye roll*
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    i think they "play test" if you really want to call it that and before 24 hours they don't any more and scream "mission accomplished".
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    i think they "play test" if you really want to call it that and before 24 hours they don't any more and scream "mission accomplished".
        Good job everybody!
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    So far this is my favorite boss event.  As long as side node scaling doesn't jump exponentially it will stay that way.  It seems like the developers have learned from some past mistakes.  
    I take it back, they've learned nothing...
  • Frustrated1
    Frustrated1 Posts: 68 Match Maker
    Another fantastic event ruined by incompetence. 

I was LOVING this event. Now, I may not finish it.

What a horrible way to run things. 
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    I guess nobody is surprised that they botched another Boss Event AGAIN with the side nodes.

After so much time it looks like the Devs are just trolling us. So, you troll us again, I keep my wallet closed.
  • killerkoala
    "can't possibly 'program scaling  or colorless covers', it would take a year to do that and overall the entire code from scratch"  is something they would say.  even though they have done tweeking "scaling and nodes clears" in previous seasons.

"let's Play test a reset or 2"

p.s. and the money
  • killerkoala
    edited April 2017
    remember "you are supposed to lose"  and  "We are surprised 50 alliance finished galactus" during first run.

colorless covers
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2017
    What health does boss Thanos go to on round 7?  
    And what's the approximate damage given by his Guantlet CD?
    Not looking forward to the scaling jump on side nodes.
  • STERLING21JJ
    STERLING21JJ Posts: 103 Tile Toppler

Personally I'm enjoying the event so far, I understand Thanos will be tougher in round 7&8 though.

• killerkoala
    edited April 2017
    Boss' health is set for every round you are in it usually take 150-200 boss "big head" to finish per round.  opening nodes are timed for 24 hour (about 15 times harder than the 2 earlier resets) and every reset thereafter it increases about 20 to 25 levels.  if i remember right.  i don't know why they program opening nodes like that, than to increases opening nodes every round.

colorless covers
    p.s. and the money